Culture point to remove reseach.

DeletedUser

Early in the game I researched Diplomacy (this was before I found the Guide on Research).

I will need the points from that.

So I am going to use my first CP to undo my mistake.

Question is: Does my Culture bar go back to 0/3 or does it stay at the next level.

Thanks.

DeletedUser39

First off, I don't know how many cultural points you have; do you have 1/3, or for example 7/9? It will only use up one cultural point, so if it's the first, you will fall back to 0/3, if it's the latter, it will become 6/9.

So, question in return (in order to give a proper answer), how many culture points do you have at the moment?

DeletedUser

I assume he has about 3, maybe 4 CP. If you have 3 CP, and reset a research, you'll go back down to 2/3, and lose a city slot.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I am one of the first to be bugged by having to pull information from people like pulling an eye tooth.

My apologies. >_<

I have 2/3 with one to go for 3/3. So if I understand correctly (been a long day) - I will drop back to 0/3 when I use the point to correct my error.

Thanks Acupuncture and Zenima.

Good information as always.

DeletedUser

No, you don't understand correctly. You'll go to 1/3 when you use the point to correct your error. ;)

DeletedUser39

I think you are mixing up cultural points with cultural level Night Watch. Cultural level can be described as 'city slots' (1 slot, 2 slots, 3 slots, etc), cultural points are how many you need to reach a certain cultural level (3/3, 9/9, 18/18, etc). When clearing up a faulty research, you will lose one cultural point. If this, however, results in dropping below the standard (i.e you have 18 Cultural points, and drop one, which results in 17 Cultural points), you will lose the cultural level (City slot); you will still have 17 points, so 1 VP/Festival will give you your cultural level back.

DeletedUser

Diagram time.

Culture Level: n .............. Cities: 2/2
<Culture Level Fill Bar> c/Y

When c = Y you get a Culture Point and "c" is an accumulator that only goes up as you do one of the four celebrations. and "Y" advances to next level.

Using a CP to remove a researched item - "n" drops bye one while c and Y remain where they are.

"By George I think he has got it" ---- I Hope!!!!!! :p :p :p

Edit: then reading Acupunture's comment again, maybe not - getting some coffee - reread and will get back to you :p

Edit: add comment: I will find out very shortly. I was just trying to see if I understood the game Mechanics.

Something like explaining How to schedule the Waves needed to Conquer a City.

Until you have either done it yourself or watched over someones back, the travel times of the different ships and trying to get them there almost seconds apart - and sometimes from different cities - is very difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Diagram time, accurate version..

Culture Level: n .............. Cities: x/n
<Culture Level Fill Bar> c/Y

When c = Y you get a new city slot and "c" is an accumulator that only goes up as you do one of the four celebrations. and "Y" advances to next level.

Using a CP to remove a researched item - "c" drops by one while n and Y remain where they are if c does not go below previous Y, i.e. if Y = 9 and c =3, previous Y was 3, so if c drops by one Y reverts back to previous level, and n drops by one.

c = Culture Points
Y = # of CP needed for next city slot
n = Culture Level/Total # of city slots (we prefer the latter)
x = Current # of cities owned
n - x = How many more cities you can conquer until you need c to equal Y (again)

Better?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Super (as always)

Could have waited and then saw - but with this post others will also understand.

hmm - This might be a good Wiki Item as the info there was not as clear as this was. At least for me.

Thanks again. Informative as usual.

Drat - You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zenima again. :) :) :)

Will have to click on some more deserving individual (such as Acupuncture and Trys I guess), Unless I get that from them as well. before

DeletedUser

Culture Points are displayed in the Culture tab of the Agora at the bottom of the window. The Agora is the the pointy obelisk in front of the Senate to the left of the market in your city overview.