colony ship came back

DeletedUser

I had everything needed for conquering another city. I sent out one huge attack with a colony ship offensive and defensive troops. I hit the attack button and off they were on a 28hr trip. They just got to the other city I lost a couple of troops but nothing much I looted 200 resources and now my fleet is on the way back home and will take 27hrs last I looked.

Why didn't they stay at the new city and start the colonizing process ?

I had a colony ship and 1 available culture point.

DeletedUser

My guess: You need a culture level, not a culture point.

DeletedUser

Like Draqone said you probs need a culture level not a point

DeletedUser

I mis-spoke I have a culture level, I am currently at level 3 and it says cities 2/3. So that shouldn't be the problem.

DeletedUser

Screenshot of how you sent it?

I clicked on the target city and chose attack, added in all the offence and defense troops, fast and slow transports, offensive and defensive ships and a colony ship and clicked attack.

DeletedUser

Looking at the attack window again and I see a stat "morale" it is at 37% is this my morale or his ? If mine why is it so low and how can I raise it ?

DeletedUser

Morale works to help smaller players, the player you are attacking is small enough to gain a bonus against you. There are non-morale worlds that don't use that system. To answer your question of why did your cs bounce...I have seen this happen before and the reason an in game mod told me was that you have to have the culture level before you send the cs.

DeletedUser

well i now have a culture level of 4 and only 2 of 4 cities. so lets see if it happens again.

DeletedUser

If it does happen again, a support ticket would be your best bet.

DeletedUser

yeah, i put one in for this incident and they are still looking into it.

DeletedUser

reply to incident ticket say the failed colonization was a result of low morale and bad luck.