Automated Handoffs for Outgoing Players

Aurabolt

Citizen
This would work similar to Vacation Mode in concept.

Basically, a player quitting a server can opt to transfer ownership of their city to other players on their way out. When a player picks Delete Account, they will be asked if they want to transfer ownership of their cities to other players. If yes, they will be prompted to pick first the player and then the cities they want to hand off. When the outgoing player completes the Delete Account process, ownership of the preselected cities will transfer to the chosen player(s). Said player(s) will get both an in-game automated message and an email letting them know an outgoing player has given them one or more of their cities.

What this would do is free up outgoing players from the tedious task of arranging handoffs which we all know is very time consuming. Instead, they can just pre-select players and cities to just hand them off on the way out.

To prevent abuse, the following restrictions will be in place:

1. You must have been on a server for at least 10 days.
  2. Players can't use this feature while still in Beginner's Protection or the first 48 hours after activating Vacation Mode.
  3. Once used, it can't be used again on any other server for 7 days.
  4. Receiving players must have enough free slots to receive the cities transferred to them.

To incentivize using it, any longterm of permanent buffs on the city will remain after ownership is transferred. This way, both parties are satisfied. A fun way this can be used for example is someone with 30 cities splits them between friends. Another example is someone befriends a new player and decides to give them one of their 10k+ cities. It would incentivize social interaction in some regards.

That's my random idea so take it or what you will ^_^

Brajanz0r

Artisan
This looks great, I would support this concept with a small change - to prevent any further abuse I'd set this to be used only once per month. If you look at Amisos latest thread you'll know what I mean.
Other than that, this idea would cause less stress to any leadership. We all know how stressful it is to lose a major player with 50+ or even 100+ cities all of a sudden. Revolt, cross, stack birs, stack DLU, pull in time, prevent hostile takeover etc. We do need this kind of a change.

Vindication

Senior Citizen
In my honest opinion, it would create a loophole where players can use alts / alternative accounts w/ VPN's to mask IP's, and give themselves an unfair advantage through city handoffs. Personally, I see no issue with the current internal system. There's a 'baiting' aspect to internals & an alliance can only sustain what it can manage. There's a huge team aspect to internals, and I personally think this would be means for an exploit if implemented.

Aurabolt

Citizen
This looks great, I would support this concept with a small change - to prevent any further abuse I'd set this to be used only once per month. If you look at Amisos latest thread you'll know what I mean.
Other than that, this idea would cause less stress to any leadership. We all know how stressful it is to lose a major player with 50+ or even 100+ cities all of a sudden. Revolt, cross, stack birs, stack DLU, pull in time, prevent hostile takeover etc. We do need this kind of a change.

Yeah, that process needs to be streamlined. Just having it as an option would help those left behind not have to divert massive amounts of resources that would be better used elsewhere on Internals from people who quit at least.

In my honest opinion, it would create a loophole where players can use alts / alternative accounts w/ VPN's to mask IP's, and give themselves an unfair advantage through city handoffs. Personally, I see no issue with the current internal system. There's a 'baiting' aspect to internals & an alliance can only sustain what it can manage. There's a huge team aspect to internals, and I personally think this would be means for an exploit if implemented.

Naturally, there would need to be stuff put in place to prevent that kind of abuse. I am well aware there are some who are blatantly ignoring the rule against having multiple accounts but the Devs come down hard on those they catch. Another layer that could be added is when you hand off cities when you quit a server, you can't use the feature again for 60 days on any other server.

If someone is found to have tricked the system after the fact, those cities in question become ghost towns. The new owners are then notified via in game mail and email but if they were in on it or an alt account, the accounts are all banned and the cities in question become ghost towns.