Attacking with another player

DeletedUser

Is there any way in this game to unite two armies and attack as one force? I see how to do it defensively by sending support, but can you send support to an attack and add your army to the original attacker's army?

DeletedUser

Nope. You can send attacks from different cities to the same city, but they'll be separate and thusly weaker. Late game, that'll be the biggest defensive advantage.

DeletedUser39

I think the main reason this is not possible, is because it would greatly disturb the game balance. Now at the start of the servers, it might seem fun, bringing together 1200 slingers, 700 horsemen and 50 catapults, and wreck up a city pretty badly. But think ahead about 6 months; the 'top' players will most definitely have quite a lot of offensive cities, so they'd be able to forge 15k slingers, 8k horsemen and 500 catapults; I think that if this would be possible, the servers would become quite boring, as you'd know it's end of story once you see that attack incomming.

DeletedUser

you are right. In the other game I play where this is possible, while your base can be attacked, it cannot be captured, and you can build defenses that make it all but impossible for even the largest group to attack profitably. I am still wrapping my mind around the implications and mechanics of this game. I had asked the question because I wanted to attack with a smaller member of my alliance and help them get battle points, but I see why that isn't possible now.

DeletedUser39

you are right. In the other game I play where this is possible, while your base can be attacked, it cannot be captured, and you can build defenses that make it all but impossible for even the largest group to attack profitably. I am still wrapping my mind around the implications and mechanics of this game. I had asked the question because I wanted to attack with a smaller member of my alliance and help them get battle points, but I see why that isn't possible now.

Giving someone battle points on purpose (Sending unguided transporters, etc, towards an alliance member, with the intention of losing the fight) is a banable offense, so I would advise you to come up with a different idea of getting this member more battle points, rather than risking him and yourself a ban.

DeletedUser

There is no rule that forbids sending some TS at a player with the intention of having all those TS sink that I can find. Not to mention what Def wanted to do was nothing of the sort, he wanted to attack with that fellow player, against another city.

DeletedUser

Giving someone battle points on purpose (Sending unguided transporters, etc, towards an alliance member, with the intention of losing the fight) is a banable offense, so I would advise you to come up with a different idea of getting this member more battle points, rather than risking him and yourself a ban.

I don't claim to be perfect, I do miss things from time to time, but I am unable to locate such a rule. If you could enlighten me I am delighted to correct my view on this.

DeletedUser39

Hm, I thought I heard it somewhere, but I'm not perfect either, it might apply to different games I've played. If it's not banable, though, it might be quite a flaw in later game, as you could send a few biremes to someone's city, send your unguided transporters on them, and earn a good portion of BP.

Anyhow, thanks for notifying me;)

PS: I re-read the post I originally replied to, and it appears I missed the word 'with', and thus misinterpreted the sentence. Thanks Zenima

Last edited by a moderator: