Attacking for Dummies

DeletedUser

another question. I'm trying to conquer a city, on the same island). I've attacked it about 5 time, so there's no resistance, then built a colony ship, sent it over there with some attacking ships, transport ships and troops. I even timed it so an attacking group of troops would clear it before the transport ship. I see the icon showing that my colony ship is heading to conquer a city, but they get there and turn around, no resistance or anything. Can you tell me what is going on?

thanks

DeletedUser

Ok, First off let me opoligise if this question is answered somewhere else, I searched it but came up with this thread. My question is very simple: How in the hell do you capture/take over a players city? I assume from playing other browser games, that they have to have 2, but we all know the old saying about assuming. with that said, is it just as simple as attacking the city you want to capture until you defeat all troops and lower loyalty, or do you have to research somethng special? Im new to this game, started a week ago, and want as much info as I can get. Thanks in advance for the help. See you guys out there!

DeletedUser6486

another question. I'm trying to conquer a city, on the same island). I've attacked it about 5 time, so there's no resistance, then built a colony ship, sent it over there with some attacking ships, transport ships and troops. I even timed it so an attacking group of troops would clear it before the transport ship. I see the icon showing that my colony ship is heading to conquer a city, but they get there and turn around, no resistance or anything. Can you tell me what is going on?

thanks

are you in a conquest or revolt world, and do you have conquest researched in the academy

DeletedUser

I'm in a conquest world, I think. I tried it again on a smaller town on the island and was able to take it over, but now I'm trying to take over a ghost town on another island. I sent my troops over with the conquest ship. They didn't encounter anyone, looted it then turned around. do you know why they wouldnt stay and take over the city?

thanks

DeletedUser

I'm in a conquest world, I think. I tried it again on a smaller town on the island and was able to take it over, but now I'm trying to take over a ghost town on another island. I sent my troops over with the conquest ship. They didn't encounter anyone, looted it then turned around. do you know why they wouldnt stay and take over the city?

thanks

Are you sending any mythical units with the CS?

DeletedUser

Thanks the guide. For a noob like me the pictures are perfect!

DeletedUser

You forget attack with archers good for resource. Make sure destroy all troop first.

DeletedUser

Great Guide, now I understand what happened when I sent all those Swordsmen that never returned...