Archers

DeletedUser

Seems Archers are not good for offense .. are they any good for defense? Currently I dont have archers just slingers. I am not sure there is a need but you think there would be especially if you have high walls for defense.

DeletedUser271

Archers are actually only good for defense ;-) And slingers are really bad in defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

Archers are actually only good for defense ;-) And slingers are really bad in offense.

What Kyllmen meant to say, but failed to...

"Archers are actually only good in defense. And slingers are really only good at offense. Neither can play both roles effectively."

DeletedUser271

Thanks for translating, Tyler... I edited my post, now it says what I meant :p

DeletedUser

so leave the archers at home behind the walls, correct?

DeletedUser

They are also great farmers if you know the city you are farming is defenseless....can hold some good booty! Um, well, you know what I mean..... ;)

DeletedUser2039

I would just go with horsemen for that, but if you have archers laying around and an empty city, they are ok with carrying capacity.

DeletedUser

Yes, horsemen can carry lots, but not everyone builds horsemen. Most do build archers. I wouldn't build horsemen just to farm, but archers can serve a dual purpose while they are sitting around in defense mode. :)

DeletedUser2039

In the beginning of the game, that's a great idea haha horsemen wreck those damn nests of swordsmen so many love. Many just don't incorporate a decent hoplite game into their defense earlier on.

DeletedUser

Check out the units portal on the wiki, you see stats for all the units.

Their attacking value and which type of defence they are best in as well as a little description of the unit if you click on it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

Check out the units portal on the wiki, you see stats for all the units.

Their attacking value and which type of defence they are best in as well as a little description of the unit if you click on it. :)
Face palm...you used the wrong link lol.

DeletedUser

I cba to link to the portal so I just linked to the main page in the hope that they would work out how to click the big 'Units' image. :D

Edit-
Oh, no, I did just link to the wrong thing.
I linked wrong, if you put grepolis in a URL but the rest is wrong, it defaults to the main homepage.