App Update to V2.76

DeletedUser

App Version 2.76

Dear Community,

Today we released our update for the App! You can read all of the changes in V2.76 below.

Summary

On this update we mainly worked on new features and bug fixes.

New features

• Implemented settings for the island quest push notification.
  • Added new forgot password screen.
  • Added new market selection screen and button.
  • Added new login screen.
  • Loading animation is now displayed with a slight delay.

Improvements

• Pressing the back button on Android devices no longer closes the app.
  • Fixed the ornament of the forgot password screen being scaled wrong.
  • Fixed background assets being displayed too dark.
  • Fixed error occurring during town switch.
  • Fixed activities not being displayed after login.
  • Fixed incorrect Zeus image positioning in the world selection screen.
  • Fixed farm towns not being select-able on the map.
  • Ring Menu now no longer overlaps the map element information box.
  • Additional research points are no longer incorrectly displayed in the academy.
  • Siege reports now have proper texts for ghost towns.
  • Attack activities now display the proper attacked town.

We are happy to hear your thoughts on our update. You can find the discussion thread here!

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

[gpfooter][/gpfooter]

DeletedUser11719

This version of the App still doesn't support the Samsung Note 4. The phone has been out for over 2 months, runs 4.4.4 out the box and exceeds all listed requirements for the app... yet the Play Store says it is incompatible with my device.

When can we expect support for one of the best phones on the market?

DeletedUser

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately we do not have the answer, as it is not up to us. The incompatibility issues have to do with your device not being compatible with Adobe Air, and Grepolis is developed using this technology. We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes!

DeletedUser

I love playing this game, and I have been playing on the computer. but I miss playing on the app! Please update the app so it will work with new phones such as the samsung galaxy note 4 and Samsung galaxy not edge.
I love playing this game, but am very limited by only playing it on the computer. if the app isnt updated soon, I will be forced to stop playing since my time around a computer will be limited starting January.

I did read the response up top. you should put pressure on adobe. this is an amazing game, and a lot of pay money to play. If you are making money off us then fight for us to play on the devices we want to use.

Like I said, I love this game and want to continue playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11465

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately we do not have the answer, as it is not up to us. The incompatibility issues have to do with your device not being compatible with Adobe Air, and Grepolis is developed using this technology. We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes!

Hey Grepo Team,

I have tried three new phones including the Note 4 and the LG G3. None of them work, so if this adobe issue is related to the new version of android, do you plan to abandon all of us with new android phones? Or is there a new phone that does work with the app? (missing the app...)

DeletedUser

I've had a problem with the attack alarm for the last couple weeks, as have many of my alliance members. It goes off for less than half of the incoming attacks. It did go off last night for all attacks after the update, so I wanted to know if this is something that was addressed in the update or if we need to discuss it further with support?

DeletedUser

I am wondering if it would be possible on the farming page to make it just a slight bigger so you can get 5 full cities per page instead of the current 4 with a partial.

DeletedUser5238

can we please get alliance forums readable again with the app. they do not work and have not for some time now, as they are impossible to read, titles dont show.

DeletedUser11728

The new app doesn't work with the LG G3 either. Are you working on an app compatible with the LG G3?

DeletedUser

It's listed as an improvement, but if the back button no longer closes the app (and seemingly just logs you out instead) then what process do you recommend for closing the app? Seems a bit silly to have to open the task manager and close it that way.

DeletedUser

The phones i have checked all are compatible with Adobe Air but are not compatible with the Grepolis application. It seems like some disconnect exist on what the real compatibility issue is. Below is an example. (Sprint Samsung SM-N915P)

DeletedUser9449

does anyone else have problems typing in the forum on their samsung galaxy S5?? its so slow and the letters are delayed.

DeletedUser11481

The phones i have checked all are compatible with Adobe Air but are not compatible with the Grepolis application. It seems like some disconnect exist on what the real compatibility issue is. Below is an example. (Sprint Samsung SM-N915P)

Compatibility is set by Google Play for android devices - as it is for nearly every App. Their continued dedication (being charitable, because they are incorrect very often) to app full-compatibility infuriates the industry because they cannot reach all devices and customers are enraged too because they either cannot receive the app at all, or the one they receive experiences all the issues that should have disqualified it.

If you dont want to deal with compatibility issues, dont buy an open-source OS device like Android, it is a nightmare for developers.

DeletedUser

Android makes up 51.7% of the market. I suggest Innogames look at the future and make the app more functional for all android users rather than alienating long standing customers.

My phone seems to be compatible with Tribal Wars and Tribal Wars 2 so I have serious doubts that innogames developed those apps differently than Grepolis.

DeletedUser11481

Perhaps, yes BRETTOLIS... in theory - but not in actuality. You can't look at is as Android vs. Apple. You have to look at it YOUR DEVICE vs. the entire market. For example Samsung phone are entirely different than HTC phones on compatibility scales. This is an issue with THEM and GOOGLE, not Inno - it also doesn't matter if the app would work with a device if Google says "No" Inno doesn't really have a choice in the matter. Non-standardization is a nightmare of unimaginable proportions.

DeletedUser10895

Hi Dev Team.

Although this is not limited to the 2.76 release of the app.. i would like to register a Bug report for the has bothered me for some time.

Issue: Browser Version's City Group Filter affects the Apps ability to display city movements.

S/B: Browser version's premium features should have no impact on the Mobile App Display of Cities and Movements, (especially since no comparable premium feature set is available on the App version to undo the filter)

This is a major issue if you leave the pc and go mobile for a period of time with no browser available to undo the filter.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Login to browser version.
2) Go to premium commands page and choose a city group filter to see only that one city group's movements.
3) Log into app version.
4) Expect to see all of your known movements... only see movements of city group selected on browser.
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

Thanks in advance for any considerations given to fixing this bug.

DeletedUser

it's listed as an improvement, but if the back button no longer closes the app (and seemingly just logs you out instead) then what process do you recommend for closing the app? Seems a bit silly to have to open the task manager and close it that way.

i agree!!! Please fix! Need button to be able to close app!

DeletedUser

Perhaps, yes BRETTOLIS... in theory - but not in actuality. You can't look at is as Android vs. Apple. You have to look at it YOUR DEVICE vs. the entire market. For example Samsung phone are entirely different than HTC phones on compatibility scales. This is an issue with THEM and GOOGLE, not Inno - it also doesn't matter if the app would work with a device if Google says "No" Inno doesn't really have a choice in the matter. Non-standardization is a nightmare of unimaginable proportions.

All in all my issue is resolved. I ended up bypassing the play store and installed the app directly to my phone using the .apk file. The app works flawlessly.