App update to 2.110 - Changelog

DeletedUser11993

Kill the green banner, for the love of everything that is holy... kill it. And the %%^@# map menu.

DeletedUser12822

I agree with everyone here, the banner and strategic map options are hideous and both need to be removed in the next update.

DeletedUser11525

Update seems to delay changing village icons form ready to resupplying. Green banner related?

DeletedUser6798

Why doesnt anyone ever reply to these things?

This isnt really a place where we can discuss the updates with the people in charge.. I feel like everyone is just talking to a wall

DeletedUser

unlikely that anyone, mod or dev, will oliver but we could test it now that my last infraction has expired. We could just insult the mods on this thread, if they dont actually read about player concerns (BECAUSE THEY DONT CARE) we wont receive infractions, if they do skim it then they will hit us up with infractions to confirm (BUT THEY WONT ACTUALLY CHANGE ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE LAZY & THEY DONT CARE)

excellent point nonetheless, is it really a discussion if only one group is taking part?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12251

PLEASE get rid of this new banner Inno! It not only is annoying and gets in the way of normal operations, but it also affects Ops by blocking the cancel button. Is this too difficult of a task for you guys?!?!

DeletedUser14803

the green notification is really annoying... keep blocking the view. please get the green notification away T_T

DeletedUser6919

Why doesnt anyone ever reply to these things?

This isnt really a place where we can discuss the updates with the people in charge.. I feel like everyone is just talking to a wall

Yeah... disappointing that no mods have waded in here. I posted on DevBlog yesterday and had a reply back

https://devblog.grepolis.com/?p=1518#comments

maybe try going there if anyone wants a two-sided convo.

In reply Nils said "you can click on a banner to let it vanish." which I find good to know cos I'm impatient and get bored waiting for them to just vanish.

DeletedUser14804

green pop ups

these new green confirmation pop-ups are terrible... when they were announced some days ago I didn't realize they would be so obtrusive

yep pop up makes it almost impossible to go through 150 cities with this lag might as well put a city capp limit to try to work you cities is taking to long and if its not fixed going to have to cut out a few worlds

DeletedUser271

Update seems to delay changing village icons form ready to resupplying. Green banner related?

Well, I dunno if it's green banner related :D But the problem has been signaled to the devs according to the French Co-CM :)

DeletedUser12251

So when are these banners going to be taken down and the issue with completed troops not disappearing going to be fixed? Are the mods paying attention? I bet if I start dropping F bombs in here, they'll pay attention to that.

DeletedUser8378

App Changelog 2.110

Dear Community,

We recently updated our app to version 2.110. List of changes are below!

New features

• Ongoing revolts and conquests are indicated by a smoke / fire graphic above the city image on the map. We only display these graphics if either you get conquered or you start a revolt or conquest in another city. Conquests or attacks of other players are not shown to you.

app_city_with_smoke_fire.png

• Smoke and fire above city images on the map can be deactivated in the settings.

Bugfixes
  • On some islands the beginners protection shield overlapped the island info button.
  • In quests during the start phase, the button to collect the reward was not responding to the player and forced the player to login again. This has been fixed.

Please feel free to leave feedback here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

[gpfooter][/gpfooter]

DeletedUser12251

Quit wasting your precious time with graphics and get rid of that god forsaken banner

DeletedUser

are you kidding me!? that banner is CRITICAL to the game. the way it lingers there... obstructing different windows... confirming things that you already know because you clicked the button that sent the resources from A to B... idk how we survived before obtrusive banner 2.0

can not wait for obtrusive banner 3.0! please shift to the left and a little lower to completely obscure all movements and actions. could be larger too for those of us that need large font to get pissed offs

DeletedUser

Ongoing revolts and conquests are indicated by a smoke / fire graphic above the city image on the map. We only display these graphics if either you get conquered or you start a revolt or conquest in another city. Conquests or attacks of other players are not shown to you.

MMmmm... Yet another useless piece of graphics ... For a start as I'm not in a revolt world, and all I did was hit an alliance city for favor then why on earth is the damned city smoking.... And why is it only available for me to see... All a bit pointless in my opinion. I know I hit it, I know there are no land troops in it. Why on earth do I need a smoking city to tell me something I already know.

Now if all our alliance could see these things then I can see a use for it, but as it is, it just strikes me as something for graphics designers to play around with to justify their existance..

DeletedUser14704

This ridiculous and intrusive banner - how do we turn it off? Great you added for the one or two who wanted it, the rest of us want ti gone, and as long as I can turn it off we are all good.

The pop up on the map is great, but again, i should be able to select it, not have it there when i am trying to navigate around the world, not look for specific enemy cities. Give me a button to turn it on.

lastly, the smoke and fire - well, cute, but largely pointless...DioTools on the other hand, just released an update that is fantastic. When I hover on my city on the overview map - I can see what troops are in the city, what resources too...so much more useful than a crummy banner telling me what I already know and getting in my way - or fire and smoke telling me nothing.

Why are the third parties [players] coming up with GREAT ideas, whilst game designers seem to be failing to fix seriously aggravating bugs and implementing further features which add nothing.

I am sorry to be so negative, and obviously love the game overall - but I am extremely frustrated with broken things not being fixed. Not having the faintest idea what is on my build queue, having the queue revert back to the first option all the time and now in Helike, the island does not change when you scroll through cities.

Reporting these things is also a complete waste of time, as we spend vast amounts of time to prove that it isn't our fault, then nothing is done anyway.

oh - and I tried posting a suggestion once - my life isn't long enough to play this game and meet all the criteria of the new idea posting requirements.

DeletedUser12251

Mods, whatever you're doing STOP. Quit your crap and GET RID OF THE MORONIC NEW BANNER. The old one was fine! Nobody cares about this one. I don't care that running the mouse over the banner makes it disappear. It takes away precious seconds when timing when I have to do that. Quit your crap, quit trying to tweak the banner so you can justify keeping it, AND GET RID OF IT