Anti-Timer

• Thread starter DeletedUser7629
  • Start date

DeletedUser7629

Can I get a solid, for sure answer on exactly what is the offset of the Anti Timer ? I have read in one place it is +/- 10sec and another place says +/- 30sec. So which is it for real ?

Also, is it different for different worlds ? Servers ? Versions ? etc.. And if so, what is it for each different place ?

DeletedUser

I know for a fact it isn't +/- 10 seconds. I have tested this recently, and it is +/- 12 seconds.

DeletedUser6486

that could've been lag from your computer though

DeletedUser7629

Great, see what I mean. Now we have discrepancies just as I said before. Btw, thanks for chiming in jallowe with your experiences.

Can we get a mod in here to clear the air for real. This is rather of a important thing and doesn't seem to be advertised anywhere.

DeletedUser

It is in the Wiki at +/- 10 seconds. I am sure no one has a better connection than I do, the same sure. I fail at timing at 10 seconds, but have never missed a launch time using 12 seconds. So you tell me it is 10, but I know it is not.

DeletedUser298

Nope. Daedalus changes it for every single world, he has said multiple worlds. It's another one of the settings he chooses, and it varies for each world. He doesn't give out the timer for each world, but he has said many times that he gets to choose it, but I remember he said he liked to keep it around +/- 10 for most worlds. I remember there was a crazy one on EN, but here they're all close to +/- 10.

DeletedUser7629

Great info Godsword. So, is the whole point to keep it a secret ? Or could I ask him to tell me what it is for the worlds I am playing in ?

DeletedUser298

He probably won't tell you :p I don't really know why he doesn't tell everyone, he just doesn't think we need to know.

DeletedUser7629

He probably won't tell you :p I don't really know why he doesn't tell everyone, he just doesn't think we need to know.

Got'cha...

Well, hopefully he will chime in here and clear the air for us. Maybe tell me what Sigma and Athens are. If not, then I guess game rules are, its suppose to be a secret. Which I can dig. I just would like to know if per chance it is not meant to be a secret.

In Sigma, so far I've been using 10sec. Seems to not have screwed me yet. In Athens I am unsure, as I haven't gotten to that level yet. Thats a SLOOOW world. Seems to take forever to build. But yea.... honestly would like some clarity here on the subject.

DeletedUser

He won't reveal it, just like the time of a day when a world will be released, its a secret

DeletedUser5244

It is definitely 10, but as decky said, there can def. be lag and screw it up

DeletedUser298

It is not definently 10, this has been answered, still don't believe me go read the forums, or message him asking for yourself, I was just trying to give you the answer.

DeletedUser298

It is NOT set to +/- 10 seconds on all worlds, it can be varied at world set up. Worlds have been set as high as 30 in the past.

Thank you for your suggestion and I will consider it when creating future worlds Grimmbane.
Here's one of the numerous quotes of the almighty.

DeletedUser

send 11 secs early and you should be okay, always works for me.