Grepolis Roadmap 2014 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser8562

will the town overview be like it wason the early en worlds?
whenever you did a new thing, it would reload the page so youre history would have 100 grepolis things in a row?

I am excited and intrigued about most everything on the list!

DeletedUser

This is really excited. I am interesting in the gold bundles, Easter event and of course rebalancing :D

DeletedUser

i like the Fullscreen Town Overview Personally, but other than that nothing else really Pulls my Full attention. I mean there is nothing really that big being done i guess. I mean it would be different if there where more things for us to Compete for. like Player Awards that Give Perm. Perks over all the Worlds. Such Effects could be like 2% fast Troops Production in all citys and such. and each level of the award could Increase it by another 2%. This is just my Opinion.

DeletedUser8262

I also like the full screen town overview, for the gods and spells, I'm not sure what you really mean by that, I think you guys should add Artemis and her stone spells, like en servers did on the hero worlds, I think that even the casual worlds should get that ability and I like the idea of increasing the range of the daily bonus.

DeletedUser

All these ideas sound cool, to me, but I especially like the idea of a more "casual", laid-back world. Sometimes things get pretty intense in the current game, and I'd like to be able to enjoy a game that doesn't leave me more agitated when I leave it than when I entered.

DeletedUser

will you guys also recheck or reprogram all the buttons so that they all work im still stuck with one farm

DeletedUser7490

Rebalancing
This topic has been lying around for too long to be honest. All the details have already been discussed with the community and we know that our players finally want to see this done. And yeah, we will definitely tackle this!

Does this mean changing the games Bias towards defense/simmer players who can grow 10x faster than the fighters that actually make the game interesting,

right now this game is so heavily Bias towards players who build nothing but defense and can run 2x festivals per day for quicker CP,

where as attacking players have to spend all spare resources rebuilding troops, this total bias has ruined the game for agressive players who play the game as a war game which it is created to be. :(

hopefully you are working to change this.

Also when you combine the World wonder building scenarios, this just causes the game to become boring very fast, since the introduction of World Wonders, you get players turtling up very early in the game and not much actual fighting or battles take place, the server always splits into one top alliance having to fight off everybody else in the server just to try and stop them winning, both of these factors are spoiling the enjoyment that used to exist back in the old .1 days of Grepolis that had no world wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8262

All these ideas sound cool, to me, but I especially like the idea of a more "casual", laid-back world. Sometimes things get pretty intense in the current game, and I'd like to be able to enjoy a game that doesn't leave me more agitated when I leave it than when I entered.

Im not so fond of this idea, I thought the entire part of Grepolis is to expand and conquer, whats the point if the player you try to conquer can never be conquered, plus there is always flaws, lets say the player has a 10k point city and is surrounded on an island by the enemy, attacked daily and constantly, if the player never ghosts by himself it would take weeks before the enemy could even conquer the city, plus now that Im thinking of this idea, its just another Hyperborea world. You can only colonize and not conquer.

DeletedUser8562

Im not so fond of this idea, I thought the entire part of Grepolis is to expand and conquer, whats the point if the player you try to conquer can never be conquered, plus there is always flaws, lets say the player has a 10k point city and is surrounded on an island by the enemy, attacked daily and constantly, if the player never ghosts by himself it would take weeks before the enemy could even conquer the city, plus now that Im thinking of this idea, its just another Hyperborea world. You can only colonize and not conquer.
youd basically have a free ww if u got everyone to have their hq on one island

DeletedUser

You mentioned a spell revamp and obviously that’s hard to do well. Couple thoughts from me would be that I was very disappointed the first time I built a city with a temple to the same god and the maximum mana was still only 500. Maybe not 500 per, but 500 mana and 3 spells for that first home temple then add 50 or 100 maximum mana and 1 more spell per extra temple. Though that would mean late game everyone would eventually have every spell which you might not want.

DeletedUser

I really am not sure about changing the gods and an intense re-balancing. I have talked to several IG mods on EN worlds and I feel that all of the re-balancing ideas would make players who have been played seance the beginning of the EN worlds have to completely re-learn strategies on attack and defense. As for the gods, it seems that the goal is to complicate a streamlined system that is already in place (which is similar to what I disliked about heroes when I played one of the beta worlds that was testing them). The slight changes that add only I tiny dinamics change are not what I really want to see, neither do I really want to see a huge change in battle mechanics, what I would enjoy most is a change in late game and endgame that helps to increase battles (like was said) and something that discourages alliances from giving up as soon as they go a few cities down in a war. Furthermore a longer world lifespan would be awesome. I remember on gen one worlds in EN we would have worlds that would get all the way into 80s and 90s in the east, now days we are lucky to fill up the 70s (74/75). Something to slow players quitting worlds and keep players joining slightly older worlds to increase world size would be appreciated.

DeletedUser

Does this mean changing the games Bias towards defense/simmer players who can grow 10x faster than the fighters that actually make the game interesting,

right now this game is so heavily Bias towards players who build nothing but defense and can run 2x festivals per day for quicker CP,

where as attacking players have to spend all spare resources rebuilding troops, this total bias has ruined the game for agressive players who play the game as a war game which it is created to be. :(

hopefully you are working to change this.

Also when you combine the World wonder building scenarios, this just causes the game to become boring very fast, since the introduction of World Wonders, you get players turtling up very early in the game and not much actual fighting or battles take place, the server always splits into one top alliance having to fight off everybody else in the server just to try and stop them winning, both of these factors are spoiling the enjoyment that used to exist back in the old .1 days of Grepolis that had no world wonders.

That is part of the Game. But this also helps the Smaller Alliances with Smaller players. and If you have More Citys than everyone on the Server, and Moral is on that world, you really can only Support. Other wise you waste Reso. if you have to change it then you cant Work with people to get around it.

DeletedUser8562

the server always splits into one top alliance having to fight off everybody else in the server just to try and stop them winning, both of these factors are spoiling the enjoyment that used to exist back in the old .1 days of Grepolis that had no world wonders.

i HATE this and it happens EVERY world.

DeletedUser8262

i HATE this and it happens EVERY world.

I hated that too, once they added World Wonders, the game stopped being fun, you could go forever then all of a sudden the WW's came and ended all the fun because it was no longer just conquer and have fun, but a serious race to win the world and fight all your friends for the golden cup.

DeletedUser

Here's an idea for a new God.

Dionysus
Dionysus is the God of wine and festivities.

Spells:
Epiphany: Target city cannot be attacked by mythical units for 6 hours. 400 favor
Life of the Party: City Festivals and Theater Plays take 25% less time to complete. 150 favor
Bountiful Harvest: Villages produce 20% more resources for 3 hours. 75 favor
Drunken Stupor: Target city takes 50% longer to construct buildings for 4 hours. 250 favor

Mythical units:
Satyr: (blunt)(weak vs mythical creatures)
Griffin: (sharp)(flying)

DeletedUser5088

Dionysus isn't as important as other gods though

Ares is a must have for this game

WAR god I mean thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

Here's an idea for a new God.

Dionysus
Dionysus is the God of wine and festivities.

Spells:
Epiphany: Target city cannot be attacked by mythical units for 6 hours. 400 favor
Life of the Party: City Festivals and Theater Plays take 25% less time to complete. 150 favor
Bountiful Harvest: Villages produce 20% more resources for 3 hours. 75 favor
Drunken Stupor: Target city takes 50% longer to construct buildings for 4 hours. 250 favor

Mythical units:
Satyr: (blunt)(weak vs mythical creatures)
Griffin: (sharp)(flying)
I really dont like the idea of a new god, but if you want you can create a new thread about it :)