Announcements

DeletedUser

I figured I should probably put this here since BB will probably hear it sooner or later.

It has once again become painfully obvious that BB has a spy in our ranks reporting on our operations. This is how BB operates. They make up for their average abilities by utilizing underhanded tactics. Since there is no real way to smoke this snake out of the grass we have to take steps to better safeguard our ops.

From now on when you're planning an operation please post a prep page in claim/prep/cq using only vague information. For example using "around island such and such" meaning the city is either on that island or on one of the surrounding islands. Posting times such as early am, late pm, mid-afternoon, etc. People can respond letting you know that they are able to assist but not be specific with what. For example: I can help with ls, I can send DLU's etc. without being specific. Once the launch occurs the specifics can be filled in as necessary.

It really sucks that we have to muck around like this. Unfortunately, some people in this game can't just play this game. Can't just let the better alliance win or lose legitimately. It's like life really. There are winners and losers. Losers look for ways to cheat.

Borys

DeletedUser

I just got one question for you Bory...if you go to work everyday and go about your business doing your thing, and you got this smoking hot wife who has this smoking hot friend who comes to you out of the blue one day and shows you graphic pictures of your wife doing what she should only be doing with you to some other guy, and then takes your hand and starts leading you to bed, what do you do? Would you feel guilty and call it cheating? This game ain't no different than that bro, we don't go looking for spies and twist their arms behind their back and threaten them to do what we say or whatever...the information comes to us for whatever reason and it's your members fault, not ours...so take it with a grain of salt and get over it. All we get from what we learn is laughs anyhow, it's really not that serious.

DeletedUser7319

Cheating really? pot calling the kettle black.....

You guys have a spy too!!

Get off your soap box borys.......thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

I just got one question for you Bory...if you go to work everyday and go about your business doing your thing, and you got this smoking hot wife who has this smoking hot friend who comes to you out of the blue one day and shows you graphic pictures of your wife doing what she should only be doing with you to some other guy, and then takes your hand and starts leading you to bed, what do you do? Would you feel guilty and call it cheating? This game ain't no different than that bro, we don't go looking for spies and twist their arms behind their back and threaten them to do what we say or whatever...the information comes to us for whatever reason and it's your members fault, not ours...so take it with a grain of salt and get over it. All we get from what we learn is laughs anyhow, it's really not that serious.

That is incredibly creepy and telling about your personality. I'm sorry she hurt you. But this game is not anything like your girl boffing the mail man.

DeletedUser

Cheating really? pot calling the kettle black.....

You guys have a spy too!!

Get off your soap box borys.......thisisgrepolis

Our "spy" doesn't give us anything good. She actually likes the alliance but has some sort of personal grudge against AD.

DeletedUser

No, what was creepy is how you just tried to come on to Meridian in the other thread with the lamest line since time began.
How old are you? Haven't reached puberty yet, have you? I can tell.

DeletedUser2770

Borys this is a war game and we play it as such.... Many major wars have been won on information given to them by spies... here in UK we have a m16 set up for spies much like the CIA in the states....

here in grep we have our info and you should do your part to get yours

We here at BB will do nothing to hide what we do, go ahead and try and beat us even if u know

DeletedUser

Borys this is a war game and we play it as such.... Many major wars have been won on information given to them by spies... here in UK we have a m16 set up for spies much like the CIA in the states....

here in grep we have our info and you should do your part to get yours

We here at BB will do nothing to hide what we do, go ahead and try and beat us even if u know

The fact of the matter is that this is a game. You're either good at it or you're not. If you're not you need to look at other alternatives to get ahead. You've been pming our members from the beginning trying to find a leak. You're not good. You're devious and underhanded. Why can't you just play the game? Spies are not a part of the game as it's intended... Well they are but they only show you what's in a city and you have to spend in game money for it. Your kind of spying is pathetic.

DeletedUser6486

I figured I should probably put this here since BB will probably hear it sooner or later.

It has once again become painfully obvious that BB has a spy in our ranks reporting on our operations. This is how BB operates. They make up for their average abilities by utilizing underhanded tactics. Since there is no real way to smoke this snake out of the grass we have to take steps to better safeguard our ops.

From now on when you're planning an operation please post a prep page in claim/prep/cq using only vague information. For example using "around island such and such" meaning the city is either on that island or on one of the surrounding islands. Posting times such as early am, late pm, mid-afternoon, etc. People can respond letting you know that they are able to assist but not be specific with what. For example: I can help with ls, I can send DLU's etc. without being specific. Once the launch occurs the specifics can be filled in as necessary.

It really sucks that we have to muck around like this. Unfortunately, some people in this game can't just play this game. Can't just let the better alliance win or lose legitimately. It's like life really. There are winners and losers. Losers look for ways to cheat.

Borys

you really think this is cheating, it's the way the game works, it is your fault for either letting this member in, or for making this member unhappy so that they would want to give away intel

DeletedUser

Spies are not part of the game as it's intended??? Really...so explain the spy and the cave full of silver you got to send out with them?

DeletedUser

who cares if there are spies. get over it. all you ever do is complain because you can never back up anything in the game.

spies do not make or break anything. especially with a unit speed of 2 its easy to get necessary defenses in place if the individual is on.

there have been plenty of circumstances where an alliance knows that an "ops" is being planned against them and they still cant do anything about it.

move on and play the game, since you can't go on vacation mode anymore

DeletedUser

you really think this is cheating, it's the way the game works, it is your fault for either letting this member in, or for making this member unhappy so that they would want to give away intel

Hey I have no problem with the spy game, but this is not how the game works by any means. I find that there are a lot more spies on the us server...

DeletedUser6486

I'm not saying that it was intended to work this way, I'm just saying it is kind of his fault for spies

DeletedUser

It used to be a big deal on these forums...for spies to infiltrate an alliance, gain founder or leadership privileges, and then maliciously eject every player and disband the alliance...it was a Milestone on every server I've ever played...and really though...the information we get isn't helping us beat you...which with all the whining and complaining you are doing you are indicating that that's the way you feel...like you are losing confidence, like you feel we somehow have the upper hand or an unfair advantage...maybe we are beating you, but that would happen with or without spies, like I said earlier, they really only give us things to laugh at and be amused by.

DeletedUser

It used to be a big deal on these forums...for spies to infiltrate an alliance, gain founder or leadership privileges, and then maliciously eject every player and disband the alliance...it was a Milestone on every server I've ever played...and really though...the information we get isn't helping us beat you...which with all the whining and complaining you are doing you are indicating that that's the way you feel...like you are losing confidence, like you feel we somehow have the upper hand or an unfair advantage...maybe we are beating you, but that would happen with or without spies, like I said earlier, they really only give us things to laugh at and be amused by.

You just repelled three sieges today...Two of which you wouldn't even have known about if it wasn't for the spy. How is that not helping you beat us?

DeletedUser

You just repelled three sieges today...Two of which you wouldn't even have known about if it wasn't for the spy. How is that not helping you beat us?

this. Silver at least Aprax's arguments have some kind of evidence to them...

DeletedUser

What kind of evidence do you suppose that is? We knew about them because we were online when you attempted the sieges...we have trip wires and we have a very effective system of communication and organization among our players. If a spy is so detrimental to failure or success...what the heck is your excuse? Seeing as how you posted in the forum earlier a copy and pasted script of a conversation we had on our internal forum at like 1am in the morning?

DeletedUser2770

The fact of the matter is that this is a game. You're either good at it or you're not. If you're not you need to look at other alternatives to get ahead. You've been pming our members from the beginning trying to find a leak. You're not good. You're devious and underhanded. Why can't you just play the game? Spies are not a part of the game as it's intended... Well they are but they only show you what's in a city and you have to spend in game money for it. Your kind of spying is pathetic.

Show me one PM that I ever sent to any member contacting them and asking them to spy for us...Now here is where you dont respond

Hey I have no problem with the spy game, but this is not how the game works by any means. I find that there are a lot more spies on the us server...

I started of on the very first EN server and played in epsilon [300 cities] before leaving the en servers. they were a huge issue there as well I think more than in the US servers. Spies are a part of the game I dont even pay them attn...They give us more of a laugh then useful info most of the time

It is helping us, We thank you for the BP and the info.... Maybe you should ask our spy how we post things in our forums and you will have less trouble with spies

DeletedUser2498

are we seriously complaining about spies this early in the game? come on guys, seriously? it's a war game. good intel is as much a part of warfare as guns and bombs (or in this case slingers and hops). deal with it, or convince your members you're on the winning side. if you can do that i doubt they continue passing along anything valuable to the other side. grow up guys.

edit: by the way borys, poor job on giving up your spy's gender if she in fact is a she. considering the fact that this game is 90 or so percent male, that would be a pretty easy way to weed them out. just sayin.

Last edited by a moderator: