Construction Cost Reduction Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

This thread is for posting feedback, and discussing the Construction Cost Reduction feature planned to be introduced to Grepolis in an upcoming update.

Please keep it civil, and constructive. This thread will be used by the developers to directly gauge users opinions on this feature.

DeletedUser

While I am a big fan of capitalism and fully believe you have a right to make money with this game, I feel this is a step too far. The premium features as they existed until now, allowing you to rush production but still requiring you to have the resources to produce, provided perfect balance. It allowed you to generate income by providing players with an advantage they could purchase with gold, but limited the impact of this advantage by requiring them to have the same resources as everyone else, so as to slow their hurried growth. By now allowing players to both rush production and negate the need for resources, any noob with a $100 bill or two can log on to Grepolis and take over. While you will see increased revenue coming from some players who enjoy compensating for their inadequacies with gold, as they previously did with bots, your overall base of players will likely decrease since most will be unwilling to participate in a game that is just about who can spend the most. This decrease in participation will lead to less profits as you will only be able to milk so much from your significantly smaller pool of players. So, this upgrade will inevitably be bad for all except the bot type players. Please, do not go through with this and ruin Grepolis. As far as the inventory goes, I am neutral. It seems harmless, so knock yourself out.

DeletedUser2039

I REALLY hate the new resource reduction tool that was introduced. The game is loosing its aspect of strategy and giving the advantage not to the good players that invest their time in it, but the players, as bull put it, "with a $100 bill or two" that can simply continue to spend money to overcome their problems. Yes, this game may continue to grow and become more profitable, but a vast majority of the player base will agree this is an massive step in the wrong direction instead of adding new concepts that add to the game's depth. Their is not depth in buying victory...remember that Grepo creators.

DeletedUser

I'm gonna have to agree. I had loved Grepolis because it was one of the too few free games out there where winning depended on more than the amount of money you spent.

I'll be interested to see how the heros work with gold, as likely that will make or break Grepo for a lot of people.

DeletedUser2039

O god if the Hero concept, which I am really looking forward to even though I doubt what I see in my head will end up coming out even remotely close, requires gold I would be extremely disappointed. I really wish they would ADD MORE DEPTH. PLEASE GREPO, A WAR GAME SHOULD REQUIRE STRATEGY, NOT GOLD:(

DeletedUser

One of the things that made Grepolis great is that Premium didn't unbalance the game. This is a step in the wrong direction, now the game is starting to lean more towards unbalanced in favor of premium users. This update should never be implemented. Next step is to let Premium users be able to buy resources, then to buy all kinds of other stuff and this once great game will die. Premium is fine as it is... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

DeletedUser308

I understand you guys want to make your money, but this isn't the way to do it. Premiums are perfect the way they are. While they are advantages they are small advantages and game play is fairly balanced. Adding this new feature will just tip the scales even further and will just take away more of the actual strategy involved in the game.

DeletedUser2039

Since this is taken so badly (and I feel like this isn't just us but many Grepo players), what are the chances this idea/development is actually repealed mid-process. I personally already know I will hate it...but is there anything we can really do about it?

DeletedUser

Since this is taken so badly (and I feel like this isn't just us but many Grepo players), what are the chances this idea/development is actually repealed mid-process. I personally already know I will hate it...but is there anything we can really do about it?

not as long as Grepo keeps making money off of it...

DeletedUser2569

I have to agree with everyone else here...
Implementing this will give a big advantage to the people who spend (in my opinion) too much money on this game...
I do understand you have to make money to keep this game up and running well all the time, but this is just 1 step too far...

DeletedUser13

Money,Money and Money.....Only thing that they care last days :(

DeletedUser

Clearly the majority of the experienced and active members are against the idea.

Why not offer a prize pool? I would suggest a prize pool of gold thus solidifying the base! This would compensate for the disturbance in the force:) There are many dynamics to this idea but I think it should be raised now if not I am afraid that Grepolis will fall as many other games in the past which have crossed this bridge. There are many examples where an MMO has updated or instituted a new policy which ultimately led to the abandonment of many, if not all, of the players which made the game what it is, only later resulting in low membership and a weakened gaming experience thus leading to its fall from grace!

Yes/No?
What does everyone think? Would this calm the waters?

-Tis

DeletedUser

I don't completely understand your prize pool concept. What would be the requirements for winning the pool? Could you provide more detail?

DeletedUser2039

The sad part is...you can really already buy resources in game. Is this really that much worse? I think it is a stupid situation any way you look at it.

-Mass summoning the Phonecien merchant
-Paying for the merchant adviser
-The list goes on...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Clearly the majority of the experienced and active members are against the idea.

Why not offer a prize pool? I would suggest a prize pool of gold thus solidifying the base! This would compensate for the disturbance in the force:) There are many dynamics to this idea but I think it should be raised now if not I am afraid that Grepolis will fall as many other games in the past which have crossed this bridge. There are many examples where an MMO has updated or instituted a new policy which ultimately led to the abandonment of many, if not all, of the players which made the game what it is, only later resulting in low membership and a weakened gaming experience thus leading to its fall from grace!

Yes/No?
What does everyone think? Would this calm the waters?

-Tis

I don't completely understand your prize pool concept. What would be the requirements for winning the pool? Could you provide more detail?

Please do not discuss prize pools or other ideas here, this is for discussion of this idea only and I dont want this being shoved off topic. Please do open a new thread to discuss your idea as I dont want to squash any ideas that may have merit. Just dont discuss them in this thread please. Thanks!

DeletedUser

Unless I missed some post, so far this construction cost reduction has been received negatively by all. Does that even matter though? If the reception remains cold will it be disregarded or will it be going forward no matter what comments are made concerning it? Also, did this idea get Beta tested at all before this proposal to put it in all worlds? If so, how did it go there?

DeletedUser

Unless I missed some post, so far this construction cost reduction has been received negatively by all. Does that even matter though? If the reception remains cold will it be disregarded or will it be going forward no matter what comments are made concerning it? Also, did this idea get Beta tested at all before this proposal to put it in all worlds? If so, how did it go there?

I am sorry but I do not have the answer to your question. I have no say so one way or the other. I am here to gauge the opinions of the forum and report them back to the powers that be. I do not believe it has been beta tested, but I cannot say for certain. The info provided says that it will be put into effect in the next update, however I know that the devs are looking at the feedback and what changes, if any, will occur have not been communicated to me.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the reply. I wonder why there seems to have been no beta testing done on this when even the Easter egg hunts get tested before implementation.

DeletedUser

My guess would be that premium features really do not need to be tested as there is so little difference in the implementation of them from one type to another. But that is just a guess, I have no insight or direct info.