Construction Cost Reduction Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Hi all,
Just to add quickly-

I believe that it is capped at one use per building level. So those of you calling for a cap- there is one planned.

DeletedUser

I dont get it im on us7 zeta and still cannot use the invatory and the 25% cost reduction it said release tuesday what gives do I need to download something to get it?

DeletedUser

I dont get it im on us7 zeta and still cannot use the invatory and the 25% cost reduction it said release tuesday what gives do I need to download something to get it?

Its set to release today, not Tuesday. Where did it say Tuesday, I need to correct that if I made a mistake.

DeletedUser

It was tuesday on .en... If they play there as well then they could have just assumed that it would be on the same day here.

DeletedUser2039

Call me cheap, but I don't like it...too costly still

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have to withdraw my objection. I didn't realize it was a one-time-per-level use, my main objection was being able to cut the cost down to almost nothing. It is still a huge advantage to those guys who will spend anything but not as bad as I thought. I haven't used it yet but probably will on the great buildings (thermal baths & statue).

DeletedUser

Great nations are often formed at great cost. Treasure, blood and time.

Gold vs time. Some players could argue, they don't have the time to click every 5 mins to farm villages and therefore the game is unbalanced towards those who don't have jobs/lives and can play 24/7 for free. Why should someone who doesn't have time to play be forced to pay real $$ to get a similar benefit that someone who hangs out at home all day gets?

Time vs Gold. Some players could argue, anyone can drop a dime and get equal or better polis without putting in the long hours and time that someone has spent days/weeks/months doing... it's just not fair that someone can show up and do that.

Reality is, both are methods of achieving the same result and neither has restricted use i.e. if you chose one, you wouldn't be able to choose the other - that's called balance. Innogames would have to disclose the stats of amount of time online vs $$ paid to really determine from a non-biased statistical standpoint if one is more "favored" than the other... and it may still not prove an imbalance more than preference which could be influenced by other factors in the game. The reality is that this is not a balance issue because player can choose both routes, one route, or neither route. Balance involves a part of a game that restricts one aspect of it while giving another aspect an advantage.

It's the player that has both time and gold that is dangerous... but not insurmountable. Watch out for that player. Strength in numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am fine with Grepo making their money...BUT throw off the balance of the game and it is no longer a fun game. The strategy involved is most of what this game is based on, obviously no battle scenes or other exciting things grace its presence often, so when you take that away and benefit the players that can pay for winning, you will of coarse ruin the game. I don't see how you can argue against that...my question is: instead of continuing development on these kind of ideas, can you broaden your outlook past premium features and ask yourself how else can you make money?

Perhaps selling custom signature templates, specialized flags, minor things of that nature that would allow the individual player to personalize his city and such, perhaps even a different theme for the internal forums could be made available for gold...

DeletedUser

I don't think Grepolis should implement this idea. This is a strategy game. The point of Grepolis is to work hard to make your Polis into a Metropolis. Having all these advantages implemented in the game don't allow players to use a lot of skill. Advantages like this would not go into a strategy game. Have about three advantages would be the most that I would prefer. I can name a couple of advantages that are included into the game to make Grepolis easier. For example, we have Administrators and Captains and thing like that to achieve your goals on Grepolis. Then the requirements of buildings changed. Back about a year ago, a Temple didn't just need a Quarry on Level 3. I took a lot more building requirements than that. Then we have Island Quests that give players awards so they can have advantages for the troops or the Farming Villages mood. This game has to much advantages.

DeletedUser271

I don't think Grepolis should implement this idea.

It's too late, it's already been implemented ;-)

This is a strategy game. The point of Grepolis is to work hard to make your Polis into a Metropolis. Having all these advantages implemented in the game don't allow players to use a lot of skill. Advantages like this would not go into a strategy game. Have about three advantages would be the most that I would prefer.

The problem is that these advantages are being paid by gold users. If there weren't all these advantages, then Grepolis wouldn't be a free to play game and you would have to pay to register ;-)

DeletedUser861

i also agree. i've bought gold before to access the attack planner,and sometimes to build something i needed a little faster. but if players can buy all the resources they want, they can keep building at an unfair pace.(yeah,i know,life aint fair). but this would give too much advantage.
as always, im still an advocate for the newer players. too many potential good players get wiped out right off as it is,and they dont ever rebuild or come back. this will be just another tactic used by the "bullies" to take easy,early victories from noobs. i would vote NO- please dont do this!

tyler, thats not really the problem. most of us are upstanding folks who enjoy the game and play it fairly, but there are the abusers every time. win at all costs,in any way possible.
im here to win too,but i value the friendships ive made here much more than i value having 100 cities! its more than just a game to me- it helps fill a void in my life,with good people and team spirit. i dont want to see that go away.

how can grepo regulate the abusers,i believe, is the undercurrent of most of these posts.

DeletedUser6643

Just saying, in wars, the country with the most money always has an advantage...

DeletedUser

If believe that some of the quests that accelerate building construction reintroduce balance. I used gold to reduce construction (very sparingly), but never used it at all before the quest enhancement. For some reason it is just an option now, not as unfair.

DeletedUser

Wow...just 300 premium players who stop contributing will really make Grepolis Flop? Hmm...I would put my money on you being wrong about that. (Holds door open for you and your friends and bids you farewell)