D&D: Spying

DeletedUser4951

Is the act of soliciting a player to pass along information spying fair game or is it a dirty move? What if that player approaches you? Is it wrong to accept?

DeletedUser8369

In Ithaca i had a lot of those players trying to give me information while thinking they would get a chance of joining my alliance. I've always turned them down, telling them i'm not interested and posting them on the internal forums for everyone to know and block them. I know it might be a part of the game but what good a spy will do to you when he finally joins your alliance? Will you trust him? UNLESS it is a personal friend, that changes the subject entirely.

DeletedUser12092

Personally I think it is dirty and shouldn't be done. If they approached me then I would decline, as that does not change the act of what would be occurring.

DeletedUser5973

It is dirty, but fair. I don't really care for spies or like to use them either way

DeletedUser

Personally I don't like the use of spies, but they are fair game, and most people use it whether they admit it or not.

DeletedUser11491

Using spies is totally fair IMO. Some choose to use every arsenal at there disposal. Personally I think spies are a lower level of player. I'm guessing they are lacking in real life or something how could you not come out and brawl like a man or (woman). shake hands after and call it a game?

DeletedUser11717

Fair to use them, but shows how weak the alliance/alliance's leadership is if the alliance utilizes said spy. Friend, or not.

Same concept as when players abuse the gold features. Just means you pay to be good, doesn't actually make you good.

DeletedUser

Fair to use them, but shows how weak the alliance/alliance's leadership is if the alliance utilizes said spy. Friend, or not.

Same concept as when players abuse the gold features. Just means you pay to be good, doesn't actually make you good.

There's two things in Grep that put you at the top of a world: gold, and being extremely active. The only thing other than gold that determines how "good" you are, is your activity. If you played with big gold users, you would find most of them are extremely active, especially at the beginning of a world. Many of them are high-quality snipers and know how to trick the enemy with their attacks and things like that as well.

I think if you took away gold, the same players would be closer to the top, just not as far ahead. The reason gold users get so far ahead of the average player is because they're competing with each other. One of them spends 1k gold, the other spends 2k, then a new guy comes and spends 5k, and so on. Gold wouldn't be used as much if there wasn't someone to compete with.

Now back to the original topic. This should be a fun debate. I'll start with Darth's post. So it's fair, but it makes you weak? Well, considering some of the best alliances I've played with/against used spies, I'm going to have to disagree. In most cases, it makes you stronger :p . If it made you weaker, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

DeletedUser12539

Dirty move should be a bannable offense! I have been on both ends of it in the past and regret every spying or having spies.

DeletedUser7241

I think that it is cheap to use spies, but it is also fair.. It ads another layer to the game, but it's also an area that people should step lightly, you can easily get false intel and if you're on the other end if you're to loose with your recruitment you could get one. It's a dangerous but fun part of the game. This is a war game so why not have war strategies you are unrealistic if you believe that spies are unfair.

DeletedUser3819

Spies and misinformation are a part of warfare. People who cry about the use of them are the same as people cry about gold... mad because they don't have the means.

I'm not good because I pay, I'm good because I play.

DeletedUser12539

Spies and misinformation are a part of warfare. People who cry about the use of them are the same as people cry about gold... mad because they don't have the means.

I'm not good because I pay, I'm good because I play.

I could care less about people playing with gold even though I don't use it because I like to challenge myself when I play games, but buying gold is a feature in the game so you can't complain. Spying takes away from the integrity of the game for one and secondly like I say I like a challenge and I could never as man brag about doing something when I didn't do it off pure skill. Not saying spying isn't apart of the game, but so is killing your own troops for bp, so is sending out attacks and canceling them repeatedly at 3am, so is draining someone's cave 100k 1k at a time, you see what I am doing here just because something is apart of the game doesn't make it alright to do.

DeletedUser11560

Spies are one of the reasons why Grepolis is going downhill.

However, it also brings a sense of realism to it. In real life, countries use spies all the time(US-CIA/FBI, Russia-KGB etc)

just my 2 cents.

DeletedUser

draining someone's cave 100k 1k at a time, you see what I am doing here just because something is apart of the game doesn't make it alright to do.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Ya, draining someone's cave 1k at a time isn't alright to do. Not okay guys, what are you thinking?

Thanks for discrediting yourself.

DeletedUser12539

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Ya, draining someone's cave 1k at a time isn't alright to do. Not okay guys, what are you thinking?

Thanks for discrediting yourself.

your misunderstanding what I am saying mate. I am not saying simply sending a 100k spy, I am saying doing a 100k spy slowly over a period of time just to create reports. But I am sure your mate will appreciate you coming to his defense though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3819

I could never as man brag about doing something when I didn't do it off pure skill. Not saying spying isn't apart of the game, but so is killing your own troops for bp, so is sending out attacks and canceling them repeatedly at 3am, so is draining someone's cave 100k 1k at a time, you see what I am doing here just because something is apart of the game doesn't make it alright to do.

Gold has zero bearing on skill level. Skill is executing a perfectly timed snipe, or parking a cs in a well defended harbor. Not building troops or a city faster than the next guy. That's called dedication people neglect the fact that to use gold you need resources and that requires actively farming.

As far as your other "not ok" activities I just have to shake my head. You must be new, draining caves is the smart thing todo. So is sending attacks and recalling at odd hours, it keeps people off balance. And hey, if you need alittle Bp for that next slot and you have some troops that you no longer need you're a fool not to kill them off and get that next city.

DeletedUser12539

Gold has zero bearing on skill level. Skill is executing a perfectly timed snipe, or parking a cs in a well defended harbor. Not building troops or a city faster than the next guy. That's called dedication people neglect the fact that to use gold you need resources and that requires actively farming.

As far as your other "not ok" activities I just have to shake my head. You must be new, draining caves is the smart thing todo. So is sending attacks and recalling at odd hours, it keeps people off balance. And hey, if you need alittle Bp for that next slot and you have some troops that you no longer need you're a fool not to kill them off and get that next city.

Your right mate I am new this will only be my second world, you have been playing for years I bet, I should probably listen to what you say thanks your so wise ;)

DeletedUser3819

Oh don't listen to me, I've never actually played. I just hang out and post on the externals like all the other cool kids.