Worst Players, Leaders, and Alliances?

• Thread starter DeletedUser4951
  • Start date

DeletedUser4951

So awhile back I posted asking about who in your opinion were the best players, leaders, and alliances in US Grepo. Now for fun, lets talk about who the worst are.

Some Guidelines:
The teams listed should be worth noting, not that MRA that disbands a week in, that's expected. Basically think of a team that made you think "how did they get this far?"

It may be a good idea to follow the above with leaders as well.

Neither players, leaders, or alliances need to be active.

Since this is the US, don't name En leaders, players, or alliances unless they also play the US.

So I'll start I guess.

Worst Player: Paul S./Darth Nihilus. Allied with and fought against his team. Never really saw him contribute much. Gets on here because he was also leading said team.

Worst Leader: The X Almighty, had the #1 team with double the average of the next highest team average team, and a 1m point and ABP lead, and dominated the top 12 players in points and ABP, and still ran into VM the first time things got hard. It takes a lot of suck to be handed a good thing on a silver platter and still run away.

Worst Alliance: Talk Trash from Actium. So much star power, even backed by Appraxiadaddy and his branch. So much fail took a week to remove 8 cities from their core with help from their other branch. Please note i'm referencing that specific branch not AD's branch.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

a couple preliminary nominations off the top of my head...

worst player
truly awful individual player would be Rdubbs (us45). its difficult to pick a starting point with this player but i will start with the term noob, we all hurl it around as insult to unskilled fledgling players that dont know what they are doing... this does not apply to Rdubbs. he has been playing for YEARS and isnt just aware of how to play, in the most basic ways, but is arrogant in defending his "tactics".

-dodging... nope
-distinguishing between offensive troops and defensive troops... nope
-following directions... nope
-organizing... are you kidding? of course not

would literally post reports of his slingers, chariots, archers, and swords getting cleared (with and without militia popped) and brag about his victories. Dont believe me? track down Mikethebike and ask, saw this player getting attacked by garbage combinations of units and clearing questionable home units left behind by Rdubbs. though i was allied to this Rdubbs player i secretly began cheering for this Mikethebike, though we had never spoken, for pounding on this clueless bragard (it was like a strange case of stockholm syndrome). rdubbs would dedicate threads and take over tabs with these nonsense chest beating sessions while privately we all wondered if he was trolling us or some sort of enemy plant inside the alliance to drive down morale

now after the above portion im sure i look like a jerk for just witnessing this and complaining about it but we actually tried to help this poor bloke with zero success. One time while publicly calling for LS support to wonders cities to defend incoming he was confronted by at least 5 people goodnatured individuals and several other more frustrated & less kindly people on this basic understanding of the game. After dozens of post Rdubbs insisted that nobody knew what they were talking about and that ls were better served stacking on defense than holding in reserve for potential snipes...

between screwing up delicate inter-alliance ops, talking down to some of the best grepolis players i have seen in almost 6 years of playing, strange exchanges in what i assume was flirting, and the inability to understand basic skills Rdubbs (in my mind at least) is the worst player i in grepolis

p.s. yes to top it off he had a crown going into us45

worst leader
the worst leader i can remember would have to be Darius Nax(us23). unfortunately i found myself following this idiot (MCC, the original leader that brought us in, had gone into vm to get married) and it wasnt for anything extraordinary just that he was an arrogant narcissist. Was his first world i guess and because he could sim and gold like crazy he was the largest account on the server for months though he had extremely low bp numbers for a #1 player, i think they were outside the 200-300 range before players started clubbing him like a baby seal and dbp worked him into top 100 for a while. he managed to land a siege on a rival alliances trainer and proceeded to stack it with 5k horses, that was the extent of his abilities

he claimed to be a lawyer which would help explain how someone with no real experience or stand out performance could finesse their way into a leadership position but after seeing him explain his larger strategy and concepts im assuming he had a lot of clients end up on death row. he believed that by simply being the largest conglomerate of alliances they could pound out a WW victory, trouble was that was his strategy 8 months or so before WW started. a number of quality players collected from the original leader hid his ineptness because he was safely in the core eating internals and stray solo players but as other alliances teamed up to down the conglomerate the quality players questioned his leadership and left for greener medows. thats when the really lacking qualities began to show

Darius Nax dismissed smaller players because of his account size and stuck to his simplistic flawed way too early WW strategy. the core shrank/migrated south via founds and eating rim players. eventually his alliance numbers & figures/apoc/les caps/flagship betrayal fell to a point they couldnt even win a sim out WW crown and it only made him more laughable. He believed that because his account was so large that if he and a handful of other players ghosted it would force the world to close before WW started.

https://forum.us.grepolis.com/showthread.php?7655-PnP-R-I-P-Les-Capetians

while i was with Apoc in the early stages of that front runners decline i never once saw nax set up/run an op, teach anyone, help anyone outside of 3-4 large players who had been carrying his dead weight around, never made a diplo move good or bad, had some pretty ineffective pr campaigns when times were tough, and was nothing more than an oversized low end average individual. he was useless across the board

in summary he was wrong about almost everything. he wasnt even enough of a leader to kick me, just merged alliances and never sent me an invite, the irony being it was the only good thing he ever did to or for me lmao. let me out of my commitment

Worst Alliance: Talk Trash from Actium. So much star power, even backed by Appraxiadaddy and his branch. So much fail took a week to remove 8 cities from their core with help from their other branch. Please note i'm referencing that specific branch not AD's branch.

tough to argue with that one, had so many big name players and the egos hit critical mass so fast! maybe not the worst alliance but only because it burned out so fast, not leaving a large enough sample size

DeletedUser6919

Darius Nax dismissed smaller players because of his account size and stuck to his simplistic flawed way too early WW strategy. the core shrank/migrated south via founds and eating rim players. eventually his alliance numbers & figures/apoc/les caps/flagship betrayal fell to a point they couldnt even win a sim out WW crown and it only made him more laughable. He believed that because his account was so large that if he and a handful of other players ghosted it would force the world to close before WW started.

You missed out a step between his alliance dwindling and him going Casper. Which was him begging every alliance on the server for an invite and being rejected by all. Should give people that never had the displeasure of meeting him to realise just how odious he was. If a player his size can't find any alliance to take them in, then there is clearly something very wrong with them.

Which just made it even more amusing when he came back to the Chi externals months after he quit to talk about his loyalty to his team lmao

My vote for worst player: twystidceed

After listening to Ceed run his mouth off on WC, I decided to see for myself if he was any good or not once I had gotten myself established in his alliances core. I regret not testing sooner as I've never found it so easy to land on a player in their core while they are online.

I would send CS between 4am-6am and arrange waves in this order:

Clearing attacks
The colony ship
Support
A few myths

To my amazement Ceed dodged his units and they returned back after the myths each time. How a vet can't time for CS, or spot the support waves is a marvel. I was even more amazed that kept falling for the same trick and didn't cotton on after the first few attacks.

Fortunately for Ceed, he had good allies. So when he would log back in an hour or 2 later and request siege breaks they would send myths and broke a couple of sieges. Personally I'm not sure why he opted to wait so long to ask for help (but thanks for the extra battle points) or why he lied and kept claiming to have been caught offline when there was militia present on all attacks but I suppose his nonsense is what makes him such a special opponent.

Unfortunately for him, his attacking doesn't compensate for bad defending. His 1 attempt to take a city off me, was when I had first moved into O55 and he was trying to take an isolated city that had no stacking in it. I would love to say that I kept the city due to good defending, but alas I can take no credit. His only clearing attack consisted of 30 LS, it was super cute.

Unfortunately for me, he only lasted a few weeks after I started attacking before he ran away and hid in vm.

DeletedUser3712

a couple preliminary nominations off the top of my head...

worst player
truly awful individual player would be Rdubbs (us45). its difficult to pick a starting point with this player but i will start with the term noob, we all hurl it around as insult to unskilled fledgling players that dont know what they are doing... this does not apply to Rdubbs. he has been playing for YEARS and isnt just aware of how to play, in the most basic ways, but is arrogant in defending his "tactics".

Yep, he won his crown with us on Lambda several years back and apparently hasn't changed a bit. Good kid, horrible player.

DeletedUser15078

Smilodan we could make a case for you, since you bonk out of like 5 out of every 6 worlds claiming you don't have time to play, but here you are on the forums.
I was just beginning to think that myself. I took a long hiatus from grepolis and am back with a new name. Not surprised to see Smilodon world hopping still. :confused:

DeletedUser

My vote for worst player: twystidceed

After listening to Ceed run his mouth off on WC, I decided to see for myself if he was any good or not once I had gotten myself established in his alliances core. I regret not testing sooner as I've never found it so easy to land on a player in their core while they are online.

I would send CS between 4am-6am and arrange waves in this order:

Clearing attacks
The colony ship
Support
A few myths

To my amazement Ceed dodged his units and they returned back after the myths each time. How a vet can't time for CS, or spot the support waves is a marvel. I was even more amazed that kept falling for the same trick and didn't cotton on after the first few attacks.

Fortunately for Ceed, he had good allies. So when he would log back in an hour or 2 later and request siege breaks they would send myths and broke a couple of sieges. Personally I'm not sure why he opted to wait so long to ask for help (but thanks for the extra battle points) or why he lied and kept claiming to have been caught offline when there was militia present on all attacks but I suppose his nonsense is what makes him such a special opponent.

Unfortunately for him, his attacking doesn't compensate for bad defending. His 1 attempt to take a city off me, was when I had first moved into O55 and he was trying to take an isolated city that had no stacking in it. I would love to say that I kept the city due to good defending, but alas I can take no credit. His only clearing attack consisted of 30 LS, it was super cute.

Unfortunately for me, he only lasted a few weeks after I started attacking before he ran away and hid in vm.

Just a quick update on this, inept Inno has made this hack a full blown mod lmao. If you don't understand the irony of this please read between the lines...

DeletedUser4951

Smilodan we could make a case for you, since you bonk out of like 5 out of every 6 worlds claiming you don't have time to play, but here you are on the forums.
Lmao you know you have a valid point about me leaving worlds and I should take it more seriously. But if I broke down every reason why you making the case for me being the worst is ironic I'd be running into triple posts and I'm not really here for you. So ima just wish you a nice day and good luck in your worlds.

Anyways, saw this and thought of a new worst. One we can all probably agree on unanimously. I Want to nominate *Head*Hunter*/Jeremy/Noobmeup/Greponmylevel/whatever other alias he's hiding behind now for this.

The Case: There's almost a guarantee that every conquest (maybe revolt too?) world with build 3 speed settings or better will have this guy trying to lead on it. Not because he's some great player or leader who can play multiple worlds at once. And not because he has apparent ADHD like myself and hops when bored. But simply because this guy jumps into the world, claims he's essentially god, flings personal insults at his enemies, then at his allies when he starts losing, then gets rimmed. Usually by his own team who are happy to do the rimming by the end of it all. I can count at least 3 worlds in the last year where I've heard of or personally seen this happen. On the one I shared, he even went so far as to rage ghost his friend's account (who was playing the HH account as it was gifted).

DeletedUser2336

Awwww..... I am back to try and claim one of these awards! :) Been a few years now! Can I claim noob if I receive worst player?? :)

DeletedUser12518

I will make this short. Baris was the longest world I ever played, maybe even the longest in Grepolis history besides Hyperboria.

But the worst alliance I ever played against was "The Archons Fist, later EmpireandArchons fist" In Baris. One or two guys in that alliance were OK but the rest were entire alliance of simmers. Only thing that was good was the BP I received every time I attacked them. I never took many of their cities because the BP was awesome so I mainly BP farmed them all. They never knew how to dodge.. Lol

DeletedUser16648

I'd say the worst players are the players that focus on everyone else and not their self .
Like if the other player is a gold player that plays for the gold there are many aspects to it that one that plays solely for repetitive pvp . On their end they have to train very troop specific sets and also be able to keep their population down to train . Like in my cities I rarely get those island quests involving defending with troops . It's always the send resources or dispatch x amount of troops . So when I do get one of those missions I have to have those troops available to defend . Not wasting them on somebody that waits until their city is under siege or on something 12 hrs away in travel . They gotta notify me of the initial alert whether it is a troop cleaning wave or one with CS is irrelevant as well as the god they are using important information like that . My troops are not heading that way if the other player waits until several hours the initial red x . I'm not flooding my cities with LS and biremes .
But that is just the thing in my case personally I don't really let it bother me , I ignore it and do me .

DeletedUser15819

Just give all the titles to me and close the thread. Discussion over.