World Wonder Time

DeletedUser13117

Maybe if matter and dire, or infamous and wheel had had it about them to actually fight each other instead of cuddling, the vortex/gods merge wouldn't have happened.
did you really just say that. man we had 6 alliances baying for some Infamous blood, if you think attacking your only pact mates was the right way to go about things at that time you are a strange guy.

DeletedUser

did you really just say that. man we had 6 alliances baying for some Infamous blood, if you think attacking your only pact mates was the right way to go about things at that time you are a strange guy.

6? Matter, and whoever it was in 44, cant remember their names, originally on your side and then flipped. GOS were never close enough.. not sure who the other 4 were

By the same token, you could therefore say it would be dumb for us to attack vortex as our only pact mates along with matter.

Personally I would have eaten vortex and stayed pacted with matter, but I think there is an awful lot of baggage in this world from previous worlds that Im just not aware of, nor care about. (but then, i wouldnt have pacted with vortex in the first place, or dire come to that, but hindsight is a wonderful thing)

Why am I getting the blame for everything anyway :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13117

6? Matter, and whoever it was in 44, cant remember their names, originally on your side and then flipped. GOS were never close enough.. not sure who the other 4 were
mate i know i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but Matters 3 and your 3 make 6 to me. yes you may have been to far to actually attack each other but you still sent a bucket load of defence so Matter could go on the Offensive.

DeletedUser

no you still recruited and merged anyone that would take you in lol. and so here we are, at wonders stage with an alliance with 290 (gos) members total Vs 156 (woi) a

By the way, lets not get stuck on numbers because you know actual raw alliance members means nothing.

The reason that LImitless, Merciless and Visions groups were brought in is because we know that WOI had a sizeable advantage when it comes to favor.

You can harp on all you like about 290 players v 156 but you know very well the reality of that number

(Im not going to accuse people of being stupid unlike others, i tend to credit people with inteligence unless they prove otherwise, and everyone posting here does know what they are talking about so we dont need to belittle each other)

How many of those 200 in GOS are actually pushing out 60-80 favor an hour? How many of them even have advisors? Probably 50% of GOS are small players with no premium, and five inventory spots who are maybe pushing out 20 favor an hour at most. Of the other 100, I would estimate about 50% are gold users and have premium, the others dont, so we probably have about 50 players tops that went into ww with full favor boosts, advisors, gold and a decent number of cities.

WOI, i would guess of the 156 maybe 100 have advisors? And on the whole the players are pushing out heavy favor. Level 6 builds, WOI beat GOS by about 17 hours overall. (GOS took 199 hours total, WOI 216 hours - THATS FAVOR)

This is why limitless, merciless, visions were brought in. You can harp on all you like about pure alliance numbers, numbers of members, but when you reduce that down to players over 250k, with advisors, WOI went in with a huge numerical advantage as far as favor went, you know that, i know that.

Thats why there was no option but to bring others in, you had such a huge favor advantage, they were brought in mainly for favor as we knew without it we were totally outgunned. As for the guys at Visions etc, you can bag on them if you like, but what were they to do, they could have gone to you guys, got easy crowns, with them on board the world would be over by now, but they didnt, they made a competition of it and have worked their butts off. And WOI can hate on them for that?

mate i know i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but Matters 3 and your 3 make 6 to me. yes you may have been to far to actually attack each other but you still sent a bucket load of defence so Matter could go on the Offensive.

oh, so you call branches seperate alliances. ok. Well you can knock of Ekswisits lot off that number cos they never attacked anything, well they did, but not under eks orders :D And the amount of defence we sent to Matter was fairly minimal, and probably had something to do with them breaking pact with us. The bulk of the defence we supplied to them was later in the game as saints and dark by which time you and wheel were already a co-op

But then at one point we had 3 matter, 3 dynasty, 3 dire, infamous, and kod attacking us.. I see you six and raise you to 11.. (Yet ironically the problem with this world was not enough wars)

DeletedUser

Personally I would have eaten vortex and stayed pacted with matter, but I think there is an awful lot of baggage in this world from previous worlds that Im just not aware of, nor care about. (but then, i wouldnt have pacted with vortex in the first place, or dire come to that, but hindsight is a wonderful thing)

Agreeed 10000% no one cares about what you did in jutkas or alpha or flafflewaffle....only thing that matters is current world and how you play it and act in that world...

I've been friends with my alliance mates, then enemies, then friends again...

when its a new world its a new start

DeletedUser13117

(Im not going to accuse people of being stupid unlike others, i tend to credit people with inteligence unless they prove otherwise, and everyone posting here does know what they are talking about so we dont need to belittle each other)
Agreed. seeing as you have just contradicted yourself on this now should be my time to flame you, but i won't.

DeletedUser11583

For the record, as far as this world goes, Infamous was at war with every single alliance in our area from the time we joined. We let DW be for a while as we knew a few of their players and when Vortex reached 3 branches, we had little choice but make a pact or two. We never had more than that. We had wheel early on as a pact and then SK. The rest of the members are members that joined after we blew up their alliances or they chose to join us rather than a MRA.

If you remember NYSA Dim, I play Spongebath on the EN servers, Knights never pacted with more than one alliance as well, it's the proper way to play the game. Not the mess that GoS is creating by pacting the entire world because they can't be self sufficient by themselves. This is what destroys the game and kills the fun wars but people are lazy by nature and need 200 people to help them achieve the goals they want to achieve.

People think I am arrogant for some reason... mostly because Bayou and Scot will say this to anyone that will listen but you can ask anyone that I have played with over the last 5 years, I do my job for the greater good of the alliance and will remove anyone that tries to destroy that which is why Bayou and Scot are on your side now :).

Cheers,
Bubbles~

DeletedUser

For the record, as far as this world goes, Infamous was at war with every single alliance in our area from the time we joined. We let DW be for a while as we knew a few of their players and when Vortex reached 3 branches, we had little choice but make a pact or two. We never had more than that. We had wheel early on as a pact and then SK. The rest of the members are members that joined after we blew up their alliances or they chose to join us rather than a MRA.

If you remember NYSA Dim, I play Spongebath on the EN servers, Knights never pacted with more than one alliance as well, it's the proper way to play the game. Not the mess that GoS is creating by pacting the entire world because they can't be self sufficient by themselves. This is what destroys the game and kills the fun wars but people are lazy by nature and need 200 people to help them achieve the goals they want to achieve.

People think I am arrogant for some reason... mostly because Bayou and Scot will say this to anyone that will listen but you can ask anyone that I have played with over the last 5 years, I do my job for the greater good of the alliance and will remove anyone that tries to destroy that which is why Bayou and Scot are on your side now :).

Cheers,
Bubbles~

Well, Knights perfected the art of having multiple academies. :D Sadly the En servers are no different now, en81 is a total mess of pacts. I quit that one after joining an alliance that had 22, YES TWENTY TWO PACTS, and addition to that double figure naps, it was impossible to know who to hit and who not to.

To be fair though, they did it the right way here with Dire, three branches, and then ate themselves from within reducing to 2 and then 1 branch.

Man, everyone throws everything at me like im the one who was running gods throughout the world, like i say, my personal preference is 25-30 people in an alliance max, but with a strong ally. We did that in our last world, sure we kicked and ate a hell of a lot of people, but the ones we had at the end were strong as hell. Sadly, lost a lot of those guys on this world, xcal, legacy, high, deepblud, and countless others because they didnt want to be in a large alliance. but thats also the way grepo is, people come people go. (my guys did come to this world with 15-20 people and we wanted to do the same thing, keep small, work with one ally we played with to the end, keep our numbers low, sadly matter had other ideas for us :D - credit to gos, they took us in)

But as said before, you deal the hands you are dealt. Coming towards wonders we knew WOI had a huge advantage as far as favor went which is the key to wonders, and the only option open to us was to recruit for favor. Which is what we did, up against superior numbers as far as favor goes, what can you do, you do merges.

As for me, i do what i always do, stay loyal to whoever im with regardless of the direction they are going in. Didnt agree with the vortex merge, suck it up, move on, didnt agree with ekswisit taking his bunch off doing their own thing, took a weeks vm, sucked it up, move on.

That said, come wonders, knowing we were outgunned, we did the right thing in bringing in other alliances, even if it wasnt the preferred option, it was the only option at that stage. I'd vote for the same thing again, even if I am opposed to it in principle ;)

Ultimately whats destroyed grepo is wonders. If not for the stupid wonder phase things would be very different.

edit: oh as for peoples opinions, i pay very little attention to peoples opinions. I judge people myself either by playing with them, playing against them, or how they conduct themselves. Personally, having had no contact with you in this world either attacking, defending, in any diplomatic area, messages etc, I have no opinion on you whatsoever.

DeletedUser6798

You dont need hindsight you say this lol. The best part is that the baggage between GOS leadership and what was Matter leadership didnt really develop until Sparta. Why you GOS chose Vortex over the group that just won Upsilon and had them along for the ride is still beyond me. But you will have to ask your fearless rodent about that.....

Dimspace you seem to be unbiased and level headed.. I am just amazed at the story you were fed and how it compares to what actually happened. Which I experienced first hand.. in both worlds.

Either way GOS got what it was coming to it as you alluded to. At least it seems that things are still competitive despite choices that were made before you go there. So you can proudly hang your hat on that.

DeletedUser

To be fair to vortex, they had been allies since the start, they worked well with us on clearing KOD from 54, and had proved themselves worthy allies.

The problem with vortex was the leadership. prior to the merge they had been aggressive, worked with us on ops etc, yes, they had done some things that annoyed us like merging in our red flags (laughing coffin) etc, but on the whole they had proved worthy allies. It was only once they merged and they switched their focus from attacking (Flatly refused to go into 43 to cut off the KOD resurgence), and instead just took all our internals with or without our permission that the problems started.

That said, all the players that returned from Stone Cold Killers after its collapse have proved themselves time and time again.

Personally just on geography i still would have taken out vortex. Matter had control of 55, we shared control of 54 with vortex.. taking on vortex and defeating them would have given us control of 54, instead we decided to merge with them to gain control of 54. In Hindsight, those in favor of a war should have pushed harder than we did, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. The gos/vortex merge is what changed everything.

DeletedUser6798

Yea it certainly does change a world when one 3 branch group merges with another 3 branch group.

Also based on what we were talking about earlier.. this just tickles me.. I wonder who sent it o.o

d86182e34d.jpg

Could have at least signed it or own up to it. But at least I am contributing to conversation instead of hiding with anonymity.

DeletedUser11585

knights perfected art of multiple academies what planet are you on we had one academy for pretty much the whole server until dl folded and as a favour to our friends their leadership we took their membership in

DeletedUser

knights perfected art of multiple academies what planet are you on we had one academy for pretty much the whole server until dl folded and as a favour to our friends their leadership we took their membership in

not the story i 'eard.. but then, stories are just that. :D

DeletedUser

Good work by Whinfamy.

Gos went into the Statue build about an hour in front of Infamous

Infamous filled it four hours quicker, giving them a 3 hour lead going into the build...

That gap stayed the same throughout the build as both alliances reduced by the full 50% on build.

Not much we could do our end on that, with nearly 3/4 of GOS Players not having premium we got killed on travel times. Not helped by whichever muppet our end decided to remove "send" from the thread title when it hit red and changed send to a different wonder. I still dont know who, which is probably just as well. :D

DeletedUser11993

Good work by Whinfamy.

Gos went into the Statue build about an hour in front of Infamous

Infamous filled it four hours quicker, giving them a 3 hour lead going into the build...

That gap stayed the same throughout the build as both alliances reduced by the full 50% on build.

Not much we could do our end on that, with nearly 3/4 of GOS Players not having premium we got killed on travel times. Not helped by whichever muppet our end decided to remove "send" from the thread title when it hit red and changed send to a different wonder. I still dont know who, which is probably just as well. :D

wow spy much? lol. you guys had a 2.75 hour completion lead btw

DeletedUser11585

its not the preimums its the fact your alliance spread far and wide over about 22 oceans so tt is massive

DeletedUser

its not the preimums its the fact your alliance spread far and wide over about 22 oceans so tt is massive

Well theres that

Theres the fact a lot of players dont have premiums which slows it down

and the fact that when it hit red someone decided to remove the "send" from the title preferring to wait for resources to land from 6 hours away rather than continuing to send from 1 hour away..

wow spy much? lol. you guys had a 2.75 hour completion lead btw

I dont know if it was a spy or just someone said "ha, we started build 3 hours ago"

You know my opinion on spies, takes all the fun out of it

DeletedUser13117

Good work by Whinfamy.
wasn't it you that said no need to belittle peeps. seems your full of PandW my friend. lets keep it civilized mr D Space.

DeletedUser

wasn't it you that said no need to belittle peeps. seems your full of PandW my friend. lets keep it civilized mr D Space.

its not belittling anyone.

its a merge of (WH)eel and (Infam)ous. and has a certain Kenneth Williams ring to it (Infamy infamy theyve all got it infamy). And actually, it could sound like "Win for Me" which is far from belittling.. im not really sure what youre reading into it tbh

Unless theres some sort of hidden meaning in america im not aware of