World Wonder Time

DeletedUser11585

actually its between 45 minutes and 36 hours (At L6) pay attention..

We were trying to break a wonder? (brakes are something you have in your car), but anyway, breaking a wonder? First ive heard of it..

45 mins hummm not sure where u learnt to tell time but think u need to go back and learn again my friend anyway leads will be far greater after this rounds especially with your alliances insistent on wasting favour on killing a couple of troops with chain lightings

DeletedUser

45 mins hummm not sure where u learnt to tell time but think u need to go back and learn again my friend anyway leads will be far greater after this rounds especially with your alliances insistent on wasting favour on killing a couple of troops with chain lightings

Smallest gap at end of level 6 (the last level everyone completed)

Gos completed Lighthouse level 6, Su 08.57
WOI completed lighthouse Level 6, Su 08.20

Thats approximately fourty minutes (actually 37 but nevermind)

Biggest gap at end of level 6 (the last level everyone completed)

Gos completed Pyramids Level 6, Sa 22:30
Gos completed Pyramids Level 6, sometime on monday

Fastest level 6 build
WOI - Statue - 21 hours

Slowest Level 6 build
GOS - Pyramids - 41 hours

Fastest Level 7 Build so far
WOI - Statue/Lighthouse - 29 hours

Slowest L7 Build so far
WOI - Pyramid - 41 hours

As for chain lightnings, same reason you guys are putting protective spells on their attacks, and doing wisdom on incoming. Both sides are using favor from rome to play with.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11585

some lovely data their mate and some one it is close to been accurate as well keep up the good work and good luck

DeletedUser

There was a time when WW weren’t around and winning the world was based on fighting skill and what have you. I believe Bayou mentioned something along those lines on here, but Bayou was mistaken in thinking GOS was close in that fashion if you want to talk fighting as the actual determining factor for a winning alliance please look at these stats:

Fighters (alliances)
1 Wheel of Infamy 28564942
2 Gods of Sparta 17979237

Attackers (alliances)
1 Wheel of Infamy 17658153
2 Gods of Sparta 9755714

There you have the winners already in my book..
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

And Visions I had soo much respect for you all; and I honestly mean that, you were fighting tougher than GOS and were so much more over matched by them, then you went and joined them and well I don’t respect scum and that was the scummiest move..:confused:

OH and Dimspace I know you’ll have something to say to try to deny these facts just remember:

I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for youthisisgrepolis

Ps I was going to offer to teach ppl how to play grepo, but since every member of gos and visions needs 8 alliances worth of people with them they won’t fit in how I like to play

DeletedUser11993

Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier... lol agree with the vision part as well. GOS and company ruined this server with the MRA mentality, I think visions and kod were far and away best alliance per pound in the server

DeletedUser

In regards to my post being gutted, a good fact got deleted in the proccess so again i shall post it...

Apparently it takes EIGHT I repeat EIGHT alliances to win a world
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

That kind of cowardly/friends with everyone has ruined so many servers and is ruining grepolis as whole…So kudos for that and since are EIGHT alliances are being used I would be embarrassed if GOS did not win Sparta,

DeletedUser

Wow, things kicked off overnight.

First up, ive seen banned's original post and I agree, moderation is pretty heavy handed over here. Anyone who has played en servers (And im assuming that banned is one of Wild Nisa little minions, i recognise the posting style) will know that on several en servers, the abuse chucked around has been pretty high level (and very funny) but pretty high level but the mods treat us all as adults and let it ride unless it starts getting personal. I didnt see anything personal in Banned's original post. But thats beside the point.

First up the 8 alliances thing..
Gods - 1 alliance - total 232 members -
Visions - 1 alliance - total 114
Wheel/Infamous - 1 alliance - total 156 members

Of those numbers I would say Wheel have about 140 players who are experienced and have played wonders before, GOS have about, maybe 30.. the vast majority are playing their first wonder phase

Gods is split into multiple branches but lets not pretend each of those is an alliance. We have 2 more branches more than we went into wonders with, and I will admit, that is because of a lack of experience in the players involved and we were struggling with rotation in and out, some branches were filling up, some branches werent sending out invites, so a few more experienced players formed branches to clear the queues.

What I dont get is why "banned" decided to aim everything at me, loaded up both barrels, and shot and me rather than shooting at gods in general. But as he did, I guess I am obliged to take it personally.

I never wanted GOS to be an MRA, ive only ever played in small alliances and prefer it that way, and im not sure how this world ended up like it did. Gos will say that infamous merging with wheel forced them to merge in other alliances, Infamous will say that GOS merging with vortex forced them to take in players from matter. Whatever the strory, somewhere along the way we had a mass merge fest going on and im not a fan. I actually went in vm and my intention if i came back was to go over to saints, finish the world in a small alliance, just attacking stuff, and to hell with wonders (I even considered approaching KOD). By the time I came back Saints had collapsed, so it was play wonders with GOS or Ghost, and I decided to stick with it and play out wonders with gos and give it 100%.

Theres no doubt WOI are favorites to win the world, and may even get the crown outright straight off. Pretty much every one of their players is experienced, has played wonder phase before, knows what they are doing, how to rotate, how to play the wonder phase.

GOS on the other hand, I would say that 3/4 of the players have never even played wonder phase before, and have struggled with the concept of it. Weve had players casting favor on the wrong wonders, confusion over where to send resources, hell, i even had one player ask me "To send resources to the wonder island do I send a colony ship". On my own ive got 23 pages of Pm's most of it assisting players on how to send resources, how to leave a branch and join a fresh one, basic stuff. Yes, we can all have a good laugh about that, GOS have a bunch of noobs, but two facts remain.

1) Even the noobs on gos who had no idea how wonders even worked have still done their very best, have still got involved, at times as leadership its been frustrating, mind numbingly so, but cant fault any of the players on gos, they have all tried and will continue to try their very very best right until the end, and really thats all you can ask for. They will all go into their next server much better and more experienced players.
2) Leadership on gos have never faltered, they have been constantly trying to organise wonders, nobody has ever thrown in the towel, got upset about inexperienced players, thrown a paddy about anything, you play with the cards you are dealt and thats what we are doing.

Of course its not helped by the fact WOI know everytime we start a build, or every wonder we have favor on, or that i have to keep moving our google docs tracking timings because they keep finding out the address :D

To return to "banned"'s original point. Aparently I am the cancer that is killing grepolis, apparently i am dumber than dumb, because apparently, i was the one who made the decision for gos to become an mra and i was the one personally that killed Sparta. For some reason "Banned" blames me for everything :D

Mate, go right back to the beginning, I opposed the vortex merge into gods, i wanted to maintain relations with matter (short term) and go to war with vortex (And then go to war with matter), I didnt want to take in Dark Angels, i wanted to eat them to put us in a position in 43 to attack KOD. I opposed the merge of laughing coffin and various other small alliances (as did many, it was vortex took them all in). The Titans merge, hell, nobody even knew about that, Sir Conner formed a branch and invited the WRONG Alliance to merge into us.

I hate MRA's, i think that all alliance changes to be banned come wonders phase to put pay to the whole rotation and academy thing. GOS leadership didnt want to be an MRA, they felt forced into it by the sheer numbers that MAtter, Infamous, Wheel, Dynasty, KOD and Dire Wolves had against them and they had no choice.

But like I say, you play the cards you are dealt. You run with it, you do the best you can with the current situation, and even if GOS fail to build a single wonder, ever leader at GOS can come out of it knowing they did their very best, and the players who have been a part of it will come out of it better players. You can whine and moan and complain, or you can just get on with it, make the best of it, show loyalty and play it through.

what kind of mod deletes eight???? or is it the font size, that you have as an option.... pathetic

I think the mod deleted it because of personal attacks. "Banned" questioned my intelligence, but to be honest, im old enough and ugly enough to take those sort of insults with a pinch of salt. Ive had much worse thrown at me, and ive dished out much worse on en forums and never even had an infraction over there. The only thing i took slight offence was him calling me the "cancer that killed grepo", like it was me that singlehandledly decided that GOS would have x number of branches (And besides, teh multiple alliance thing was pretty much created by the Eviction Notice, Knights, Hert branches on En server which "banned" was a member of)

The other mistake he made is assuming that every leader in GOS is happy with the numbers we have, and happy with the strategy of multiple branches. I played the whole of en70 and en65 with a team of 25-30 people and one major ally. I quit en65 when we merged into an "MRA", i played the whole of en70 as part of a 30 man team until we merged for wonders.

Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier... lol agree with the vision part as well. GOS and company ruined this server with the MRA mentality, I think visions and kod were far and away best alliance per pound in the server

Ive said all along, I think kittens deserve the most credit on this server. Battered out of 54 with several players down to 1 city, they rebuilt, regroup, and become a force again, that takes dedication. They were helped by the fact that, GOS had a plan to eat Dark Angels move into 43 and go into a full scale war with KOD before they could rebuild, but Ekswisit, Arete and Co who were the closest refused to take cities from angels considering them too weak (yet they fed on inactives for months), and they in turn held sway over the former vortex, so basically half the alliance flatly refused to go into 43. huge tactical error by GOS at the time, when youve got an alliance on the run NEVER let up on them.

Infamous, lets not pretend they benefited hugely from the merges of Dire Wolves, Wheel, Matter, Saints etc. They too recruited huge numbers (but they will say thats because GOS were an MRA), the only difference is while GOS were recruiting from Laughin Coffin, Infamous were recruiting players who have been through multiple worlds. But credit to them, they recruited smart. The only thing letting infamous down is the gob*****'s who go on externals and attempt to make everything personal, attacking bayou, attacking other players. Man, its just a game.

GOS, havent recruited brilliantly, took on a lot of players that were dead weight, and honestly, those players should have been eaten months ago, and we should have gone into wonders with 100-150 strong big and experienced players. But that wasnt gos's style. They arent a cannabilistic bunch, and go with the theory that its better to teach than eat.

But then im the sort of person to give everyone who reaches endgame credit, even the wee outlaws and their one level wonder. Good on em for trying.

Fighters (alliances)
1 Wheel of Infamy 28564942
2 Gods of Sparta 17979237

Attackers (alliances)
1 Wheel of Infamy 17658153
2 Gods of Sparta 9755714

There you have the winners already in my book..

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Its a wargame.

BUT, if it is a wargame,and youve already won on abp and dbp, why are you getting your knickers in such a knot about wonders :D

DeletedUser

Bravo ol' Champ

The only thing i took slight offence was him calling me the "cancer that killed grepo", like it was me that singlehandledly decided that GOS would have x number of branches (And besides, teh multiple alliance thing was pretty much created by the Eviction Notice, Knights, Hert branches on En server which "banned" was a member of)

please don't misquote me, i said you were part of the problem (cancer) that is ruining grepo. As for me I never was a part of EN in fact having these three branches is the most I've played with ever.. I do agree with the EN forums being different than the US forums though, this whole game is about throwing shade, having fun with it...those that get offended obviously havent heard a 10 year old play call of duty
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

and as far as a spy we dont have a spy,

btw you mispelled Mausolus on your spreadsheet
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif

DeletedUser6798

Well at least its keeping interesting.. should be over soon then

DeletedUser6798

Rep added! lol

But really who cares about that. If you arent pissing someone off, you arent doing externals correctly
cnfy7elqh8dotnsdp.gif

DeletedUser

Rep added! lol

But really who cares about that. If you arent pissing someone off, you arent doing externals correctly
cnfy7elqh8dotnsdp.gif

thats the great thing about EN forums. I would pos rep someone for totally putting me down if they did it well

DeletedUser6798

I dont even know where to look.. but im sure its pretty negative.

Get clb on here. I need some more neg rep for down talking GOS

DeletedUser13117

Wow, things kicked off overnight.

First up, ive seen banned's original post and I agree, moderation is pretty heavy handed over here. Anyone who has played en servers (And im assuming that banned is one of Wild Nisa little minions, i recognise the posting style) will know that on several en servers, the abuse chucked around has been pretty high level (and very funny) but pretty high level but the mods treat us all as adults and let it ride unless it starts getting personal. I didnt see anything personal in Banned's original post. But thats beside the point.

First up the 8 alliances thing..
Gods - 1 alliance - total 232 members -
Visions - 1 alliance - total 114
Wheel/Infamous - 1 alliance - total 156 members

Of those numbers I would say Wheel have about 140 players who are experienced and have played wonders before, GOS have about, maybe 30.. the vast majority are playing their first wonder phase

Gods is split into multiple branches but lets not pretend each of those is an alliance. We have 2 more branches more than we went into wonders with, and I will admit, that is because of a lack of experience in the players involved and we were struggling with rotation in and out, some branches were filling up, some branches werent sending out invites, so a few more experienced players formed branches to clear the queues.

What I dont get is why "banned" decided to aim everything at me, loaded up both barrels, and shot and me rather than shooting at gods in general. But as he did, I guess I am obliged to take it personally.

I never wanted GOS to be an MRA, ive only ever played in small alliances and prefer it that way, and im not sure how this world ended up like it did. Gos will say that infamous merging with wheel forced them to merge in other alliances, Infamous will say that GOS merging with vortex forced them to take in players from matter. Whatever the strory, somewhere along the way we had a mass merge fest going on and im not a fan. I actually went in vm and my intention if i came back was to go over to saints, finish the world in a small alliance, just attacking stuff, and to hell with wonders (I even considered approaching KOD). By the time I came back Saints had collapsed, so it was play wonders with GOS or Ghost, and I decided to stick with it and play out wonders with gos and give it 100%.

Theres no doubt WOI are favorites to win the world, and may even get the crown outright straight off. Pretty much every one of their players is experienced, has played wonder phase before, knows what they are doing, how to rotate, how to play the wonder phase.

GOS on the other hand, I would say that 3/4 of the players have never even played wonder phase before, and have struggled with the concept of it. Weve had players casting favor on the wrong wonders, confusion over where to send resources, hell, i even had one player ask me "To send resources to the wonder island do I send a colony ship". On my own ive got 23 pages of Pm's most of it assisting players on how to send resources, how to leave a branch and join a fresh one, basic stuff. Yes, we can all have a good laugh about that, GOS have a bunch of noobs, but two facts remain.

1) Even the noobs on gos who had no idea how wonders even worked have still done their very best, have still got involved, at times as leadership its been frustrating, mind numbingly so, but cant fault any of the players on gos, they have all tried and will continue to try their very very best right until the end, and really thats all you can ask for. They will all go into their next server much better and more experienced players.
2) Leadership on gos have never faltered, they have been constantly trying to organise wonders, nobody has ever thrown in the towel, got upset about inexperienced players, thrown a paddy about anything, you play with the cards you are dealt and thats what we are doing.

Of course its not helped by the fact WOI know everytime we start a build, or every wonder we have favor on, or that i have to keep moving our google docs tracking timings because they keep finding out the address :D

To return to "banned"'s original point. Aparently I am the cancer that is killing grepolis, apparently i am dumber than dumb, because apparently, i was the one who made the decision for gos to become an mra and i was the one personally that killed Sparta. For some reason "Banned" blames me for everything :D

Mate, go right back to the beginning, I opposed the vortex merge into gods, i wanted to maintain relations with matter (short term) and go to war with vortex (And then go to war with matter), I didnt want to take in Dark Angels, i wanted to eat them to put us in a position in 43 to attack KOD. I opposed the merge of laughing coffin and various other small alliances (as did many, it was vortex took them all in). The Titans merge, hell, nobody even knew about that, Sir Conner formed a branch and invited the WRONG Alliance to merge into us.

I hate MRA's, i think that all alliance changes to be banned come wonders phase to put pay to the whole rotation and academy thing. GOS leadership didnt want to be an MRA, they felt forced into it by the sheer numbers that MAtter, Infamous, Wheel, Dynasty, KOD and Dire Wolves had against them and they had no choice.

But like I say, you play the cards you are dealt. You run with it, you do the best you can with the current situation, and even if GOS fail to build a single wonder, ever leader at GOS can come out of it knowing they did their very best, and the players who have been a part of it will come out of it better players. You can whine and moan and complain, or you can just get on with it, make the best of it, show loyalty and play it through.

I think the mod deleted it because of personal attacks. "Banned" questioned my intelligence, but to be honest, im old enough and ugly enough to take those sort of insults with a pinch of salt. Ive had much worse thrown at me, and ive dished out much worse on en forums and never even had an infraction over there. The only thing i took slight offence was him calling me the "cancer that killed grepo", like it was me that singlehandledly decided that GOS would have x number of branches (And besides, teh multiple alliance thing was pretty much created by the Eviction Notice, Knights, Hert branches on En server which "banned" was a member of)

The other mistake he made is assuming that every leader in GOS is happy with the numbers we have, and happy with the strategy of multiple branches. I played the whole of en70 and en65 with a team of 25-30 people and one major ally. I quit en65 when we merged into an "MRA", i played the whole of en70 as part of a 30 man team until we merged for wonders.

Ive said all along, I think kittens deserve the most credit on this server. Battered out of 54 with several players down to 1 city, they rebuilt, regroup, and become a force again, that takes dedication. They were helped by the fact that, GOS had a plan to eat Dark Angels move into 43 and go into a full scale war with KOD before they could rebuild, but Ekswisit, Arete and Co who were the closest refused to take cities from angels considering them too weak (yet they fed on inactives for months), and they in turn held sway over the former vortex, so basically half the alliance flatly refused to go into 43. huge tactical error by GOS at the time, when youve got an alliance on the run NEVER let up on them.

Infamous, lets not pretend they benefited hugely from the merges of Dire Wolves, Wheel, Matter, Saints etc. They too recruited huge numbers (but they will say thats because GOS were an MRA), the only difference is while GOS were recruiting from Laughin Coffin, Infamous were recruiting players who have been through multiple worlds. But credit to them, they recruited smart. The only thing letting infamous down is the gob*****'s who go on externals and attempt to make everything personal, attacking bayou, attacking other players. Man, its just a game.

GOS, havent recruited brilliantly, took on a lot of players that were dead weight, and honestly, those players should have been eaten months ago, and we should have gone into wonders with 100-150 strong big and experienced players. But that wasnt gos's style. They arent a cannabilistic bunch, and go with the theory that its better to teach than eat.

But then im the sort of person to give everyone who reaches endgame credit, even the wee outlaws and their one level wonder. Good on em for trying.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Its a wargame.

BUT, if it is a wargame,and youve already won on abp and dbp, why are you getting your knickers in such a knot about wonders :D

boy where to begin on this Propaganda assault on my eyes. ok mr space lets start with everyone's favourite, numbers. Gos total members 446 (according to you) Woi 156. you never wanted Gos to be an Mra? lol you have always been so my friend. Woi played the world correctly Imho. 1 pact no naps. we sure didn't do what you vets have done. take an existing formula of winning worlds and follow it so well i think you just surpassed all previous attempts at this tactic, which is of course, merge the world and sim like its going out of fashion. as to the Matters merge we picked only the players worth a spot. not every single meat sack we could get our grubby paws on. Wheel members have been at our side since almost the start of this server. even when we had the whole world against us, yes that would be the Gos/Matter love fest that lasted for a good while, we still stayed strong with 1 pact and fought hard. and did you guys think the whole world against us was enough at this point? no you still recruited and merged anyone that would take you in lol. and so here we are, at wonders stage with an alliance with 290 (gos) members total Vs 156 (woi) and your still making excuses as to the validity of your alliance? please mate do me a favour. our plan (from the start) was always to merge in Wheel for wonders, we understand you need numbers but sheesh you need the Right numbers, not empty hanger on's just simming for a shiny crown. in fact yesterday we kicked a member for doing absolutely jack in helping out. final footnote from me now as i don't wish to drone on, all those wishing to follow the same formula as these Gos fella's, don't, it is a cancer that is killing this great game and it needs to stop now.

DeletedUser11583

I never attacked Bayou... I simply stated facts of what happened :)

Still amazed that GoS needed to recruit two more alliances to compete... it's absolutely silly that you guys are not better organized to do it on your own and have to shop the entire server to compete against 150 members.

DeletedUser

final footnote from me now as i don't wish to drone on, all those wishing to follow the same formula as these Gos fella's, don't, it is a cancer that is killing this great game and it needs to stop now.

As I said previously, I dont like MRA' either. I wouldnt have merged vortex, and gos was about 50/50 on that merge, and i wouldnt have merged a lot of who we did, and I would have done an awful lot of internalising and eating along the way. My last alliance in en70, we never went over 25-30 members, and we kicked and ate about 150, for a variety of reasons from not posting on forums to not sending support, to, well, just because we didnt like them, or they moaned on the forums or something. Then we merged purely for endgame. (Very similar to what you have done here, from week 1 of the server our plan was always to merge into Enigma in en70, but we played the world solo, kept our numbers small and only merged for the endgame - and even then that merge was hell - merges suck the life out of alliances)

But, not every world pans out the way you intend it to. Certain merges happen, you live with them and you make the best you can from them. The end result would have still been the same though, infamous/wheel/matter would still have merged for wonders, and gos/vortex/matter would still have merged for wonders.

Maybe if matter and dire, or infamous and wheel had had it about them to actually fight each other instead of cuddling, the vortex/gods merge wouldnt have happened.

Personally, I prefer the infamous recruiting strategy, ive nothing against new players, but you need to keep the number of new players low enough that you can actual train them and monitor them (although even then, i would like to see alliance changes banned when wonders starts) but I aint in infamous, im in GOS, so my job is to do what I can with the tools and the players I have available to me.

And right now, we are focussed on doing best job we can with the tools we have available, and all the players, even the totally inexperienced ones with no Wonder experience are giving it their all. Cant ask more from people than that. When it comes down to it, with the huge numbers of inexperienced players we have at GOS, Whinfamy were expecting us to pretty much crumble at the first hurdle. The fact we havnt, and are keeping Whinfamy honest is testement to the hard work done by the players and leaders over here.

I never attacked Bayou... I simply stated facts of what happened :)

Still amazed that GoS needed to recruit two more alliances to compete... it's absolutely silly that you guys are not better organized to do it on your own and have to shop the entire server to compete against 150 members.

We could have been better organised I agree, and part of that falls on me, i took three weeks off before wonders, and I was one of the people who was meant to be organising it. That said, we caught up, and are as organised as its possible to be with a lot of players who have never played wonders before. As said before, the guys are all doing great, it may not be enough, but cant fault any of them for not giving their all.

DeletedUser11993

agreed

I've had several thoughts to help improve WW. One is similar to your above idea you can only swap alliances 1x every 24 hours. Second is to blow it up and end with anything else. Even the silly NPC city would be better. One island right at the core. each city stacked. Whatever alliance owns that entire island wins. This makes the core more important, mroe fighting as a result. WW battles on the same island? might be fun

DeletedUser

Theres so many alternative world wonder ideas floated around.

To fix current system:
+ Dont allow alliance changes after ww phase begins which stops the rotation
+ have less wonder spots and have them appear during the game, one in each ocean per month that gets fought over.

Change
+ Get rid of wonders, have stronghold npc cities to attack
+ have bp targets, once an alliance reaches x abp and dbp they win

But inno's only focus right now is how they can make money, not how to improve the game for its players