World Psi (US24) Preworld Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It opens in the morning typically. Somewhere around 9-10am.
You do realize that someone has to open that world right? It doesn't just automatically pop up at 0:00. People go to work around 9am usually...

That is not 100% true. us6 opened at around 4am if I remember right. I would think the system is programmed to open the world at the time it is told to. Most game servers are like that. No one has to touch it after the system has been told what time and date to open it on. The reason they don't tell us is simple. It is to try to prevent the server from crashing because so many player are trying to get on it at once.

DeletedUser

That is not 100% true. us6 opened at around 4am if I remember right. I would think the system is programmed to open the world at the time it is told to. Most game servers are like that. No one has to touch it after the system has been told what time and date to open it on. The reason they don't tell us is simple. It is to try to prevent the server from crashing because so many player are trying to get on it at once.

I've never seen a server open so early... It has always opened in the morning (server time). But hey, I don't know everything.
You're right that maybe a server is programmed to open automatically. But.. someone always has to monitor it.
They have to know if something is going wrong or not. If it opens at 4am and no one is watching it who's to say that it won't go wrong and for the first few hours is almost unplayable?

But I'm not gonna pretend to know exactly what Innogames does when opening servers. So it's really anyone's guess. :p
Daed has said numerous times (more than he'd like :D) that it could open between 0:00 and 24:00 and he probably has his reasons.

~T.

DeletedUser

World Psi is now open, you may all now dance Gangnam Style.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.