Wonder Race

DeletedUser723

The big 3 have been wonder building their butts off for the last 2 days and so I figure its a good time to do an update on the results so far:

1. THE ANC|ENTS - 7 wonders @ L4
Its been a back and forth battle with Phoenix and though we have the most progressed wonder at this time, there are still 2 wonders behind phx, and a 3rd wonder is basically dead even with phx's.

2. Phoenix - 7 wonders @ L4
First to put a wonder on the map, and they have taken the lead a few times. Clearly that density is paying off for them. Though they have lost some ground to TA, they are still the clear front runners on at least 2 of the wonders.

3. Lords of Titus - 2 wonders @ L4 / 5 wonders @ L3
Something must have caused a late start here because their first wonder didn't appear until after Phx's first wonder hit level 2. But I must point out, they have significantly caught up after the bad start and could easily be back in the competition very soon.

4. Death Watch - 1 wonder @ L1
Had to mention these guys. Definitely deserving of a participation ribbon.

DeletedUser2039

So how are wonders going for those who have never experienced them before? What you expected, much fun, ect?

DeletedUser912

the fun thing about a tally titled thread.. is you get to pester the author about updates!

UpDate!

DeletedUser912

AAC have a wonder now and Dark Angels.

no they don't..

they started one.

No one has a wonder yet.

I could fund phase one of a wonder myself in as long as it takes to send from a few cities.. and I'm not even a big player.

but you're right.. it deserves mention.

DeletedUser39

So how are wonders going for those who have never experienced them before? What you expected, much fun, ect?

It is actually quite boring in my experience, to be honest. All server long it's about fighting, conquering, getting the most BP so you can have the most cities - and then it ends with a SimCity race to prove you are 'the best'. Not quite the thing I'd love to see at the end of a war-soaked game.

PS: The reason I've never had World Wonders before is because .en Alpha never updated to Grepolis 2.0...:\

DeletedUser2039

They did say a revamped wonder system would be coming eventually. Of coarse I haven't had the experience of wonders, from what I do know and have heard about them, it seems like a rather dumb way to end the game. The only case I could see it getting really exciting would be in the case that there's a big war over one city/island that lasted a while and changed hands a few times. If that didn't happen, I feel it would be one-sided.

DeletedUser747

This does seem rather anticlimactic. Seems like they wanted a way to make people who don't actively play the war aspect of a war game have a chance to win.

DeletedUser912

its a bit of a slog right now.. but this is a 3 way race.. much blood still to be spilled.

not so much for alliances 4 through the rest of them.. but its gonna get real dang bloody around here quite soon for those fighting for the top.

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
LoT are putting all their efforts into one wonder, and have pretty much given up on a couple of others.

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
Nope, we're too busy :p

EDIT// LoT got their Statue now.

DOUBLE EDIT// Put TA down for their second wonder :p Pyramids.

TRIPLE EDIT// TA have their third, Colossus.

Last edited:

DeletedUser39

It has been decided! The Ancients are the victors of Alpha

Congrats to everyone that made this happenthisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

Congratulations to the players of The Ancients and to everyone else who stuck it out.