Winning Hyporboria?

DeletedUser

This is not correct, it has never been said that there are NO winning conditions. It has been clearly stated numerous times that no winning conditions have yet been announced. When I announced the world initially I said it was a special world.

It is true, there are no world wonders for this world. Hyperborea was created initially because of the mass of players who wanted to play Grepolis but where tired of being conquered and having to start over for their effort. At some point, we will announce the next steps of the world. When we have something to share, we will gladly share it will all players, but if a player is looking for a world with wonders and that allows you to conquer other players entirely, Hyperborea is NOT the world to be played. It is a more casual style world.

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
No, just for normal worlds they do wonder stage. Hyperborea isn't a normal world, so doesn't have a specific ending, but I'm sure one will be worked out.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It might have been nice if people who were coming into one of the Grepolis games via the 'invite a friend' system had actually been told that this was not just a non-conquest/revolt game but that it was also NOT a world wonder game.

For months we have been scrambling around to build wonder islands (assuming that it would be a race to victory on wonders) and assuming that that was the winning condition because no one informed folks who were invited in that this game had no official winning condition set.

Its fine if it has a non-conquest related victory, we knew that, but how many months are we expected to play without knowledge of what the end game will be? The game has been running for 6 months now (aprox.) and thats a fairly long time by many game standards. Its turning into an attrition game, based on when people become bored rather than one of skill.

I know many of the players in our own Alliance are now considering dropping out from the game based on the lack of a winning condition. I presume losing players is not the intent here.

DeletedUser2039

Alright, you're making a big deal out of something that shouldn't be. Play Grepolis for a few months, meet the great community, join some new worlds, and you'll love it. Complaining because you got invited to the world (which your friend should have told you is non-conquest) will get you no where. I started in the world too. I learned the game, and I left. That's its purpose. I'm sorry you were mislead, but think on the larger scale. You are better experienced for other worlds because of it.

DeletedUser

Aweee I think someone from Iviolabums now understands why I told him they won the special olympics.

My little black heart is breaking :(

DeletedUser

My friend didn't know, she joined back when the tv ads were running and the signup thru those basically gave you no choice about the world you were shuffled into and did not say anything about this world setting not being a world wonder (She was told it was non-conquest, but not that there was no wonders and no end game).

It was not my friend that mislead me (and the other people who she brought into the game) it was the company ad system and the act that there were no choices you were automatically sent into this world (not even a choice of Quadrant back at that time when you entered a game world).

I am thinking on a larger scale, and quite frankly the mechanics are not so hard for basic building that one needs more than a few days of play. All the complexity is in the conflict and Wonder Building system, one of which is crippled and the other which is non-existent in this world.

No major skills needed to be learned here, anyone who has played any version of say CIV can pick the basic rules up of a strategy game like this very rapidly. It's 75% resource management, a game concept thats been around in computer games for decades (at least as far back as the 1970s).

So yeah, I'm a bit peeved. A lot of other people are who are finding the same thing out. Some of them are more peeved as they put money into it.

DeletedUser

If they put money into any game where you have a chance to loose it all that's the risk one takes.

As far as server choice goes, you do get one every time you log in it says "Other worlds".

Putting wonders on a server that was designed from the get go to be a non conquest server would put people at a disadvantage as all you have to do is fill up a island and then hope no one quits.

As far as not knowing, I call shenanigans as there is a much older post from January I think where it is stated this will server will not have world wonders. To that same extent I also told YOUR leadership world wonders would never become a part of this server for the aforementioned reasons. They just didn't care to inform everyone else, you want to be peeved, be peeved at the people who failed YOU as leaders.