Winning Hyporboria?

DeletedUser2039

Has their been any further discussion about the victory requirements in Hyporboria? Not that it's going to happen soon, I was just curious is all.

DeletedUser

This is a grinding server i think... you hafto grind the opponents down
instead of just taking their citys. Esentialy make them quit.

DeletedUser2154

Well it's just a building contest at that point then, The whole point of the ww is to be able to destroy them ;)

DeletedUser2039

Not really haha not when you can dodge every attack and not be affected:s

DeletedUser

where is he going to get the extra resources from if he not going to attack anyone, it will take forever to build up a city unless he going to spend a lot of coin and dodge ever attack and not build up a wall because they will keep knocking it down better of keep his money and buy sim city

sorry posted this in wrong page was meant for the discussion about The Academic Alliance

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

Dodging resources in the market and such is pretty easy too haha sending them to someone close is usually easiest...

Kariella

Hoplite
Exactly! Gotta love those who are afraid to let their troops die:p

Not quite, Tyler Boyd. If you think I don't have the balls to send my troops out to die, your instincts are dead wrong. I've no compunction about sending my troops to their death. But I won't do it on a whim. Even with your cavalier attitude towards life. I want them to find BrownEye, find out who took and what they plan to do with it, and stop it... ...

DeletedUser2039

I'm sorry, but was I talking to you in that post? No...it was a general statement to "those" kind of people...

DeletedUser

I don't really get Hyperborea, will it just go until the number of active players falls to 300? Because if it lasts forever the new players that join won't stand a chance because the players that started on day one and other big players would eventually reach them.

Kariella

Hoplite
there is really not much to get from a certain perspective... due to RL there will be certain periods of time when I cant babysit a game so at least this way I don't lose a city (even if it gets beat down)

also with beginner protection that gives you enough time where you can eventually build up a city even if you are being attacked (albeit a little harder)... they cant loot 100% of your resources... plus if you join an alliance you can also get some protection during those vulnerable times...

I also get the impression that while your small but growing you may not be worth the trouble - low loot returns and lost troops are not my idea of farming a noob

DeletedUser

So wait, I was invited into this game a few months ago.... and now I find out there is no winning condition or second stage (Which I think 90% of the alliance I'm in are under the illusion that there is a wonder stage for)????

Why didn't they (the game operators) specifically say that at start when I got invited in???

I'm glad that I signed up for two of the other conquest games that actually do have an end point, but now I'm unsure of why I'm spending time on this one..... or are they going to set a winning condition when it hits some critical mass of players (in one direction or another)?