Why are large islands not available?

DeletedUser16179

Hello,

I'm wondering what determines whether or not anchor points are available on empty islands. Presently on US69 Gonnos and I can't seem to find a large island (i.e. one with farming villages), which has available anchor points to found a colony and I haven't researched Conquest yet. So, I suppose the only other option for me to expand, to a large island, right now would be to find a ghost city on a large island?

DeletedUser5524

You could do one of four things,

Colonize on a rock island without farming villages.
Colonize on a village with farming villages (granted this seems to be a problem for you. I would help but not in the world so I cannot really suggest and island although there are some out there somewhere haha)
Wait for conquest to take a ghost city
Wait for conquest to take a player city.

It's hard to advise what the best strat would be because every players early game is based on preference.

DeletedUser16179

Thank you Zeeker........is this something that's done to keep all players within a certain area until additional people join the world? This is my second world and the in the first world I played, US66 Cythera, I didn't see locked islands until it was nearly the Era of Wonders but, I believe there were a lot more players in that world. I mean technically, I'm playing both worlds. But, I'm using Cythera to practice things on offense since up until a month or so ago all I did was defend continuously, lost 21 cities in 3 days, which probably isn't much to an experienced player but it was very discouraging to me. lol

DeletedUser16139

An experienced player probably wouldn't lose any city ;)

Anyways, you can only found on big island (FV island) if there has been a city on that place of the island before that, then ghosted and went down to 0 points, which clears the spot and leaves an Anchor to found on. So look out for tiny cities that are about to go grey and then vanish, that's gonna be a spot to found at.

Also I think later in the game Grepo opens up more of those spots, even if there weren't players on it before, not entirely sure about that tho

Hope I could help
smiley_emoticons_baby_taptap.gif

DeletedUser10261

Tried simply searching for an answer to the following just about everywhere possible and since I cannot seem to come up with a cut and dry answer, figured why not just post a thread and see if anyone can help me out....
So... recently began a relatively new world, approximately 3 weeks in give or take (US77), and am about ready to colonize city #2, looking around I see several large islands, that have resource symbols, but no obvious farm villages, yet. In previous worlds, I went ahead and colonized said islands and to my dismay, the villages never came to be?
Is there a set time frame or world pop size a new world needs to reach before these villages come to pass or a piece of info I need to make an educated guess as to what islands may indeed "develop" them or will simply remain a rock?

DeletedUser15165

Anchors on islands with farms become available as and when new players spawn into that area of the world.

So for example if more new players spawn in ocean 45 than say ocean 55 then more islands with farms open up in ocean 45.

DeletedUser10261

Anchors on islands with farms become available as and when new players spawn into that area of the world.

So for example if more new players spawn in ocean 45 than say ocean 55 then more islands with farms open up in ocean 45.
Ty for helping me out Lurks, so that being said, let me ask this, if a player colonized an island, talking one that should be large enough for villages, before there are villages available, as the area becomes more populated, willl that island ever "develop" villages or by them already colonizing the island caused any further chances of villages on that island to be ruined? ( Hopefully I phrased this in a way you can understand what I am trying to ask lol)

DeletedUser11525

Inno seems to have made the change recently to open very few anchors on farming villages. This does force more conflict to expand, but I suspect this comes at the expense of newer players who may not be part of a good alliance.

An island, regardless of the apparent size, is either a farming island, or a non-farming island, and will never convert from 1 to the other.

DeletedUser15165

Ty for helping me out Lurks, so that being said, let me ask this, if a player colonized an island, talking one that should be large enough for villages, before there are villages available, as the area becomes more populated, willl that island ever "develop" villages or by them already colonizing the island caused any further chances of villages on that island to be ruined? ( Hopefully I phrased this in a way you can understand what I am trying to ask lol)

As @MarkASp said a non-farming island will never convert to a farming island, only islands which can accommodate 20 occupants will be farm islands.

DeletedUser10261

Ty both for clearing that up for me, it has long been a topic of hot debate among players arguing about where to move, build their core, and as you both said the anchors don't appear in large am like they used too, so demand for space is in high demand. Imo, because even islands that will never have farming villages, all still have a "resource symbol", I believe this deceptive image has caused those who just absolutely refuse to believe, the rock they chose just isn't going to "grow" a village, not over night, not ever lmfao; to simply refuse to believe otherwise! I hope you all don't mind, but I plan in taking a screen shot of your replies, save it, and maybe when this hot headed debate comes up, I will have an answer from the very source itself lol!

DeletedUser16022

How to build quickly on the Rock Islands is what turns people off from them... I know how to build a Rock Island quicker than almost everyone... I have a Guide about it...

DeletedUser5524

Keep in mind, Rock islands have very little strategic value in domination worlds as they do not count towards endgame.