Who is coming?

DeletedUser262

I'm acutely serious lol. How do you know it's scalable? what percentage of players are spending 400 gold per month? If an entire alliance can't compete against a single "Gold Whale" how many would it take to make up for that player?
Where are you getting this 400 gold figure? Advisors alone count for 1k gold/month. I also never said it would take an entire alliance to beat one whale. However, one whale can easily beat 3 or 4 free to play players. Also, if caps are imposed it prolongs the amount of time players will pay for an advantage. They can't get an overwhelming advantage at the start, which makes a more competitive environment which drives more gold spending for longer as people try to buy an edge. I know such a business model is scalable, because as scott stated, the actual resource overhead when it comes to things like electricity and server power is minimal. The only real cost is moderators, and it doesn't take a lot of actual time to manage thousands of players, especially if an automated reporting system is already in place, which I am pretty sure it is.

I managed to figure it out playing mostly solo in the age of insta, so again it's difficult but not impossible. Golding isn't the reason for the decline in players, lazy tactics and lack of novice training is shrinking the pool.
Where are you coming up with this info? Is that your first account? I have been playing this game on and off since Alpha launched in the US, and by far the biggest reason for quiting has been the demoralization factor when players that win a fight against a golder, wiping out a good chunk of his strength, see him gold it right back up overnight. Pay to win is not a sustainable business model for a game. People will stay if they can learn a game but they won't stay if they know they have to not only learn to play but also compete with their wallet. The exception of course is the people that want to compete with their wallet. Especially since this game does not exist in a vacuum and there are other TW clones that are less pay to win. Most people when given a choice will choose to play a game where being good at the actual game is more important than how deep their pockets are.

DeletedUser16631

Golding isn't the reason for the decline in players, lazy tactics and lack of novice training is shrinking the pool.

I believe that is partially true...

You're close when you say "lack of novice training is shrinking the pool", however, it's more than that. It's more the overwhelming aggression of large alliances that are pushing new players away, and veteran players who started playing as youths tend to grow up, get jobs, get married, have kids, etc., etc..

If the veteran players still playing hope to see the player base expand, then they ought take more interest in the players who manage to progress their Polis above 2500 by the time their Battle Protection ends, rather than greedily devouring them. Benevolently communicating & engaging with new players will nurture a player's interest, and give them a more enjoyable gaming experience, which in turn, would likely cause them to continue playing, and introduce their friends to the game as well.

Having said that, it's my intention that when the next US server starts, to establish a training alliance. If anyone here would be interested in joining me on this endeavor, please, add me so that we can exchange email address to send invites for placement in the next US server.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16359

Where are you getting this 400 gold figure? Advisors alone count for 1k gold/month. I also never said it would take an entire alliance to beat one whale. However, one whale can easily beat 3 or 4 free to play players. Also, if caps are imposed it prolongs the amount of time players will pay for an advantage. They can't get an overwhelming advantage at the start, which makes a more competitive environment which drives more gold spending for longer as people try to buy an edge. I know such a business model is scalable, because as scott stated, the actual resource overhead when it comes to things like electricity and server power is minimal. The only real cost is moderators, and it doesn't take a lot of actual time to manage thousands of players, especially if an automated reporting system is already in place, which I am pretty sure it is.

admin/captain are all I have been playing with since I started playing with gold. The others don't offer that much constant value but throw on another 200 for the occasional 2 week bonus admin. As I said before my last us server saw the mod staff overwhelmed with a dom zone that didn't even cover the 4 core oceans, so no it is not working with the current playing style.

Where are you coming up with this info? Is that your first account? I have been playing this game on and off since Alpha launched in the US, and by far the biggest reason for quiting has been the demoralization factor when players that win a fight against a golder, wiping out a good chunk of his strength, see him gold it right back up overnight. Pay to win is not a sustainable business model for a game. People will stay if they can learn a game but they won't stay if they know they have to not only learn to play but also compete with their wallet. The exception of course is the people that want to compete with their wallet. Especially since this game does not exist in a vacuum and there are other TW clones that are less pay to win. Most people when given a choice will choose to play a game where being good at the actual game is more important than how deep their pockets are.

was my original account names but not the most recent. been playing since gen 1, en4 and us23/45/79/86. The last two, us79/86, are the only ones I purchased advisors and have been a competitive player on all except my first world. I would have quit my first world except more experienced players brought me in and taught proper play, when you are told it's insurmountable without throwing cash at it people shut down and lean into those excuses. One or two city rookie player that's rimmed shouldn't be booted or quit with a good alliance around telling them to restart on the rim and work with them on basic skills.

I believe that is partially true...

You're close when you say "lack of novice training is shrinking the pool", however, it's more than that. It's more the overwhelming aggression of large alliances that are pushing new players away, and veteran players who started playing as youths tend to grow up, get jobs, get married, have kids, etc., etc..

If the veteran players still playing hope to see the player base expand, then they ought take more interest in the players who manage to progress their Polis above 2500 by the time their Battle Protection ends, rather than greedily devouring them. Benevolently communicating & engaging with new players will nurture a player's interest, and give them a more enjoyable gaming experience, which in turn, would likely cause them to continue playing, and introduce their friends to the game as well.

Having said that, it's my intention that when the next US server starts, to establish a training alliance. If anyone here would be interested in joining me on this endeavor, please, add me so that we can exchange email address to send invites for placement in the next US server.

that's more my point. Obviously there are other factors, even gold to some extent, but from my keyboard the lack of player cultivation has been the most harmful

DeletedUser15403

Badideas.. Whats your goal bruh?? Convincing ppl not to play? Im sorry u suck? Or dont get ot? Or dont make a good teammate?
Most of what you say sounds like a disgruntled bum. Either move on or get a clue

DeletedUser262

admin/captain are all I have been playing with since I started playing with gold. The others don't offer that much constant value but throw on another 200 for the occasional 2 week bonus admin. As I said before my last us server saw the mod staff overwhelmed with a dom zone that didn't even cover the 4 core oceans, so no it is not working with the current playing style.
*Facepalm* I am a gold farmer and I run all 5 advisors in every world because they all have huge value when leveraged properly. Btw, are you even in this world?
The last two, us79/86, are the only ones I purchased advisors and have been a competitive player on all except my first world
What do you consider to be "competitive"? For me it is the capability to take the number 1 fighter slot. Literally the ability to compete with anyone and everyone. That is impossible in this pay to win game without having a large pile of gold.
that's more my point. Obviously there are other factors, even gold to some extent, but from my keyboard the lack of player cultivation has been the most harmful
How often do you take part in trying to train new players? I literally do that every world I play. That is why I can say with a degree of authority it is the pay to win aspect more than anything else that drives them away, because I get feedback in every world from players that quit in regards to the game being too pay to win and feeling like they can't win unless they also pay money. Now I will admit, that is for players that have the time to play the game. To be completely fair, most don't stay to even try when they realize what a time sink the game is.

Badideas.. Whats your goal bruh?? Convincing ppl not to play? Im sorry u suck? Or dont get ot? Or dont make a good teammate?
Most of what you say sounds like a disgruntled bum. Either move on or get a clue
You know, I see a variation of this every time anyone criticizes any game online. "It is not the game, it is you". It is such a terrible argument that can be applied to defend any game no matter how bad. I even saw it as an argument defending Warcraft 3 Reforged. Clearly there is an issue, because the player base is shrinking, not expanding.

DeletedUser16359

*Facepalm* I am a gold farmer and I run all 5 advisors in every world because they all have huge value when leveraged properly. Btw, are you even in this world?

What do you consider to be "competitive"? For me it is the capability to take the number 1 fighter slot. Literally the ability to compete with anyone and everyone. That is impossible in this pay to win game without having a large pile of gold.

I believe a few others I played with activated these two with sporadic usage of the others. Really don't think it's necessary to qualify my advisor usage with fighter ranking but it's sufficient. Yeah they offer more but they are unnecessary to be competitive with adapted tactics. No I was checking out the settings and this thread caught my attention, considering the original topic and its deviation since I don't really think it's related to only Mesembria players.

How often do you take part in trying to train new players? I literally do that every world I play. That is why I can say with a degree of authority it is the pay to win aspect more than anything else that drives them away, because I get feedback in every world from players that quit in regards to the game being too pay to win and feeling like they can't win unless they also pay money. Now I will admit, that is for players that have the time to play the game. To be completely fair, most don't stay to even try when they realize what a time sink the game is.

Pretty sure I already addressed this, yes I have on two other servers with mixed results. The other two really didn't have the opportunity to give that a real effort but it's fair to say that I am guilty of helping too few. If you really put in the effort to help new players that's commendable and I wish you the best of luck. Doesn't change the fact that an organized, disciplined player or group of players can be successful against golders. More elite alliances need to sacrifice an easily managed alliance roster to grow the field instead of recruiting only experienced players from broken alliances. Inno's shortcomings don't excuse the mistakes players have made in managing this game, a lot more emphasis on annoying people into quitting or pounding on noobs than working with strategy to take cities from active players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser262

Hmm, I think the core issue is you and I have a different idea of what competitive play is. You seem to think it is doing well in an alliance, and your alliance overall doing well. I on the other hand, see it as having a realistic chance of being number 1 in any stat. The closer to the top you get, the more you realize how impossible it is to climb further against players that spend gold like water. It doesn't matter how efficient you are or how good you are as a player, there is a pay wall that can not be overcome. You simply won't be able to produce enough units to keep up with someone golding in full nukes in any city they need to overnight.

New players run into these type of gold users all the time, realize what is going on, and just quit.

DeletedUser15255

Hmm, I think the core issue is you and I have a different idea of what competitive play is. You seem to think it is doing well in an alliance, and your alliance overall doing well. I on the other hand, see it as having a realistic chance of being number 1 in any stat. The closer to the top you get, the more you realize how impossible it is to climb further against players that spend gold like water. It doesn't matter how efficient you are or how good you are as a player, there is a pay wall that can not be overcome. You simply won't be able to produce enough units to keep up with someone golding in full nukes in any city they need to overnight.

New players run into these type of gold users all the time, realize what is going on, and just quit.
then go play solitaire if you want to complain about people using money on the game. Its been years since the game has been like this either adapt or leave. I promise you that you will not be missed by us or Inno

DeletedUser262

then go play solitaire if you want to complain about people using money on the game. Its been years since the game has been like this either adapt or leave. I promise you that you will not be missed by us or Inno
That is the solution to people leaving because of a pay to win model, just tell them to suck it up or leave. Maybe you don't realize most online games do not use a pay to win model, and those that do tend to suffer the same sort of dwindling player base. Also, I have left, in fact as I have stated a number of times, I am just here to farm gold at this point. Well, that and annoy oversensitive players who take it as a personal affront that the game they play is pay to win.

DeletedUser16631

I am just here to farm gold at this point. Well, that and annoy oversensitive players who take it as a personal affront that the game they play is pay to win.

You're just here to farm gold, others are just here to interact with their friends who play, still others are just here to make new friends. Believe it or not, winning isn't all that matters to everyone, most are just content to have something they enjoy doing to pass the time. Maybe you should find something to do with your time that you actually enjoy doing, and let the ones who do enjoy playing this game, enjoy it in peace. Honestly, I don't know how anyone else feels, but your "Negative Nancy attitude here isn't welcome. Every time I see you post in this forum, I get this picture in my head of Brainy Smurf being thrown out of the village to land on his head. You really do come across as some kind of village idiot here, in case you didn't realize it.

DeletedUser262

You're just here to farm gold, others are just here to interact with their friends who play, still others are just here to make new friends. Believe it or not, winning isn't all that matters to everyone, most are just content to have something they enjoy doing to pass the time. Maybe you should find something to do with your time that you actually enjoy doing, and let the ones who do enjoy playing this game, enjoy it in peace. Honestly, I don't know how anyone else feels, but your "Negative Nancy attitude here isn't welcome. Every time I see you post in this forum, I get this picture in my head of Brainy Smurf being thrown out of the village to land on his head. You really do come across as some kind of village idiot here, in case you didn't realize it.
Ahh, the complete lack of self awareness, I love it. I mean aren't you the guy that kamikazed his harpies into my wall and then claimed he "slapped me into next week"? The same guy who has threatened in game retribution a number of times, and completely failed to deliver? The guy that cautioned me about antagonizing cats and dogs, and then posted a thread trying to rally everyone against The Redcoats? The guy that brags about his points and use of gold while me, a gold farmer, who joined the world a whole 2 days earlier is now outgrowing him? That is you right? To find the village idiot all you have to do is locate the nearest mirror.

Btw, I see you blocked me in game after sending me that artistic interpretation of your self image. Now how can I tell you when I am going offline?

DeletedUser16631

Ahh, the complete lack of self awareness, I love it. I mean aren't you the guy that kamikazed his harpies into my wall and then claimed he "slapped me into next week"? The same guy who has threatened in game retribution a number of times, and completely failed to deliver? The guy that cautioned me about antagonizing cats and dogs, and then posted a thread trying to rally everyone against The Redcoats? The guy that brags about his points and use of gold while me, a gold farmer, who joined the world a whole 2 days earlier is now outgrowing him? That is you right? To find the village idiot all you have to do is locate the nearest mirror.

Btw, I see you blocked me in game after sending me that artistic interpretation of your self image. Now how can I tell you when I am going offline?

This thread is a discussion thread...my apology to Al the Conquering for my part in cluttering your post threads with Badideas nonsense.
Badideas, if you want to keep talking trash, please keep it in the proper arena, linked below.

Trash Talk

And please do review every page of that thread, so as to refresh your memory on the true turn of events, not this garbage you are spewing out of your mouth here. You'll see you've got me mixed up with at least two other people you've been trolling, and if you'll recall, I'm that NOOB you talked mad trash to who turned around and gave you a couple slaps to the dome for. Now I am thoroughly done with you. Do not message me, tag me, inbox me in game, stalk my facebook, come to my house, none of that. Goodbye. Freak.

DeletedUser262

Takes morale high ground by pointing out this is not the "trash talk" thread:
This thread is a discussion thread...my apology to Al the Conquering for my part in cluttering your post threads with Badideas nonsense.
Badideas, if you want to keep talking trash, please keep it in the proper arena, linked below.

Trash Talk

Proceeds to spend an entire paragraph only trash talking and nothing else:
And please do review every page of that thread, so as to refresh your memory on the true turn of events, not this garbage you are spewing out of your mouth here. You'll see you've got me mixed up with at least two other people you've been trolling, and if you'll recall, I'm that NOOB you talked mad trash to who turned around and gave you a couple slaps to the dome for. Now I am thoroughly done with you. Do not message me, tag me, inbox me in game, stalk my facebook, come to my house, none of that. Goodbye. Freak.

Like I said, complete lack of self awareness. Also, just an FYI, I did go review the trash talk thread, and everything I said about you was 100% true. Well you did edit that one post bragging about your gold spending, but still left the trash talk about it in. Also, of course you are "done" with me, you are scared to make a move after I diced up not 1 but 2 different cat/dog CS attempts from players that are 4 times your size. I even told you I was going to go take a nap today for 3 hours, and that you and the rest of the dogs and cats would be too scared it was a trap and wouldn't attack me. I came back after my 3 hour nap, and you know what, not one attack report, or incoming attack. I wonder why that is?

DeletedUser16359

Again, I think my experience is sufficient by your standards but you can check grep matrix if you feel the need.

If they are golding siege breaks they are getting resources from their mates, so the spender isn't doing it on their own anyway. This is all conquest though, I'm sure golders have a different impact on revolt and I don't have much revolt experience.

DeletedUser262

If they are golding siege breaks they are getting resources from their mates, so the spender isn't doing it on their own anyway.
Um, what? You do know the gold exchange is a thing right? There is also a reason golders like to max their warehouse first. Besides, just because people can pool resources doesn't make the ability to instantly complete units balanced for people that can't or won't spend the money to do so.

DeletedUser16359

gold exchange doesn't keep up with demand on a gold break and the tt are usually longer than is needed, I have seen it from the breaking side and the siege side. point is that it's never a 1v1 mismatch, they are getting help from their alliance not simply purchasing dominance as an individual

DeletedUser7205

In truth, gold farming should simply be removed from the game. If you can't pay $19.99 per month for a little gold, then go away. Hear me Inno, I spent far more $$$ when there was no such thing as selling resources for gold. The fact that I can gold farm up from 100 gold to 54,000+ gold without spending a dime on your game suggests that others can easily do it as well.

In 2014, I would easily drop $79 / month on gold just to be competitive and have advisors. That was for 20,000 gold. Now gold is basically a "free" commodity for those that have the spare time to join every world and just sell resources to the whales. One can easily make 5-10k gold in a good week early in a world. Where are these heavy golders getting their gold? Uhhh by selling resources in other worlds they don't care about.

It's a pure circle of retardation.

DeletedUser16479

Spending $79 per month on this game is retarded. Just my opinion. I’ve been playing since around 2010 and at the most have spent $50 on this game, total.

DeletedUser7205

@jason sanchez hence my point. If you can play for a decade spending a grand total of $50 then exactly how does that make Inno game profitable? You must be incredibly bored as a human if your time is worth $50 for ten year as well.
@Shock - good lord man you drink more than $20 a night in beer so you can afford $8 / month for advisers. Also if your in college, go on a date or something lol. Leave grep for those who have used up all their college years. Trust me, that's good advise. #AnimalHouseMovie