Which god and why?

DeletedUser523

Hera at first , then a few days before having a second city switch to Zeus after using all the Hera favor and drop a few chariots in to get some of the farms conquered at the new city.
That was then but not now,and with some of the alliances I've been in in the past it was mainly play on your own .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

eejit i think that would erase all the favor you gained and would be kinda stupid... just get another member of your alliance to drop you some Chariots(witch are a waste of resources, hops are cheaper and faster to make).

I think that the first 3 gods you should have are hera #1 / Poseidon #2 / Zeus #3 / Athena #4 / Hates #5.
my reason behind this it that the first 2 give you building spells for troops and Ships, Zeus is good for protecting and adding strength to ship attacks along with the Manticore (the only myth worth making now), Athena is for protecting the city and strengthening your troops during an attack, Hates i have kinda felt was useless until recently when i needed extra silver or on big attacks to return some troops from the dead with the Underworld spell. They all have a purpose and some are more useful later after your first 2 cities.

these are my thoughts and they way i use the gods.

DeletedUser39

Eh, but then worth it? Skeptical about that, but oh well.

http://devblog.grepolis.com/?p=276

Scroll down a bit to the changes they're going to make regarding mythical units.

Erinyes: More attack power, higher resource cost, lower favour cost (480 -> 330)
Manticores: More attack power, higher resource cost, lower favour cost (405 -> 270)
Harpies: More attack power, higher resource cost, lower favour cost (130 -> 85)
Cyclops: More attack power, higher resource cost, lower favour cost (360 -> 240)

They also are taking down a few values, the defensive value of medusae's for example. However, the majority of the changes will encourage players to build more mythical units, and it definitely will be worth building them: most of the units will be better than they already are.

Any news on when it's going to happen yet? I've been looking forward to it for some time now.

Even though there is no set date for these changes to be implemented, I think it will be before the end of 2013. I'd like to emphasize the line "I think" - I'm not a dev, nor have I contact with any of those, so I can't give you anything solid. I base this on the way they say they're rounding things up.

As for the topic: I myself prefer to start of with Hera, especially with the new Quest Line they implemented at the start of a server, it's a huge benefit to use Hera to your advantage. When I found my 2nd city, I usually go with what the farming villages are willing to offer; if they offer stone for wood and silver for wood, I'll stick with Poseidon, and trade the resources I get from Kingly Gift for silver and/or stone.

If it comes to my favourite deity, it would be Zeus, for offering one of the best units in the game, the Manticore - ignores biremes, has high sharp offense value, is fast, and can carry a reasonable ammount of resources. Anyone that doesn't love this unit, should start doing so!

DeletedUser

http://devblog.grepolis.com/?p=276

Scroll down a bit to the changes they're going to make regarding mythical units.

Erinyes: More attack power, higher resource cost, lower favour cost (480 -> 330)
Manticores: More attack power, higher resource cost, lower favour cost (405 -> 270)
Harpies: More attack power, higher resource cost, lower favour cost (130 -> 85)
Cyclops: More attack power, higher resource cost, lower favour cost (360 -> 240)

They also are taking down a few values, the defensive value of medusae's for example. However, the majority of the changes will encourage players to build more mythical units, and it definitely will be worth building them: most of the units will be better than they already are.

Even though there is no set date for these changes to be implemented, I think it will be before the end of 2013. I'd like to emphasize the line "I think" - I'm not a dev, nor have I contact with any of those, so I can't give you anything solid. I base this on the way they say they're rounding things up.

As for the topic: I myself prefer to start of with Hera, especially with the new Quest Line they implemented at the start of a server, it's a huge benefit to use Hera to your advantage. When I found my 2nd city, I usually go with what the farming villages are willing to offer; if they offer stone for wood and silver for wood, I'll stick with Poseidon, and trade the resources I get from Kingly Gift for silver and/or stone.

If it comes to my favourite deity, it would be Zeus, for offering one of the best units in the game, the Manticore - ignores biremes, has high sharp offense value, is fast, and can carry a reasonable ammount of resources. Anyone that doesn't love this unit, should start doing so!

I know I should just look for myself, but you seem to have a good handle on the new values of the Mythical units. Will the pop cost be the same for each unit or is that changing too?

-Lazy

DeletedUser2039

All population values in that devblog are staying the same. This doesn't mean they can't change before the actual update, but nothing is planned right now.

DeletedUser

I would have to say that Hades would be my second since he offers silver for your cave and both mythical units are beastly defensively and offensively. Also the spells are amazing. Plague is great and low-cost......