Which god and why?

DeletedUser

I know it depends on your strategy and there are benefits to all of the gods, but which one do you prefer and why do you?

DeletedUser

I liked the Happiness spell that Hera offered, but switched to Hades. Since switching I have made a lot of money by trading my Treasures of the Underworld spell to other players in my alliance. 500 silver for 30 favor. It seems a lot of people want silver and I have given it to them often in exchange for other spells or resources.

DeletedUser2385

I prefer to have access to all of the gods great gifts and not be so selective :)

DeletedUser

I prefer to have access to all of the gods great gifts and not be so selective :)

I agree, a different god in each city you own is nice.
For newer players that have to be more selective. Players that only have one or two cities, who would you choose and why - Keltset?

DeletedUser

Hera for your first city. She gains your resources and troop time. Second god is all your choice.

DeletedUser2630

I agree, a different god in each city you own is nice.
For newer players that have to be more selective. Players that only have one or two cities, who would you choose and why - Keltset?

my name is not Keltset but let me pitch in anyways. I agree with Unikorn that Hera s best for 1st city. After that I'd go with Zeus or Poiseidon. Eventually flesh out all of the gods between your cities.

DeletedUser

Thanks Brit. Why would you go with Zeus or Poseidon as a second choice though?

DeletedUser2385

Hera for #1 hands down the best build up god. Followed by Poseidon then Zeus... Poseidon offers additional supportive buildup help with call of the ocean and then the endless need for wood and EQ is helpful for some of your first real attacks..

DeletedUser

I'm For hades because I can inflict plague on my enemies, and control Cerberus and the dreaded Erynes, I'm very war oriented and having arguably the best units and battle oriented spells are my priority

DeletedUser2039

Eh, this is kind of pointless now that we all have more than one city now.:p

Kariella

Hoplite
Hera is my favorite Goddess and I have her in all my cities... she is just smoking hot...

maybe for a contest prize you can make a life size cardboard cutout (or is it wrong to say inflatable) of her ... I would like to see the turnout on that contest

note: I think she is the reason I started playing this game...

DeletedUser

That is somewhat odd Kariella for multiple reasons. It is odd because, one that is a picture and it is not really that attractive and two you lose out on all the other gods powers and which can help you shore up the areas where Hera is weak which is offense.

Regarding the actual thread, I would have to say that you should just get one of every god and then you double up on gods after that point. If you do this then you have full access to all powers and you can try them all and then you can double up one the ones that you have found are the best for you.

DeletedUser

I would agree with Pyro but suggest you also think about the location and your alliance when choosing your gods.

If you have a front-line city relatively close to alliance mates and expect trouble Hera is a good choice if your mates defensive cities also worship her and you can reinforce defense with Medusa.

If you have a front-line city on point farther away from your alliance mates you should expect trouble so Athena is a good choice if your mates defensive cities also worship her and you can reinforce defense quickly with Pegasus.

However IMO, most Mythical Units are over-rated and more benefit comes from the spells than the units.

DeletedUser

I would agree. The mythical units generally cost too much and are overall unnecessary to conquer a city. If you just build regular soldiers you can conquer a city with just those and you will probably save some resources in the end.

DeletedUser2039

Generally. But when you start talking about a manticore nuke...now that is something you just want to have simply to have it hahaha it is also give the ability to draw a greater attack force than a hoplite nuke and it can dodge biremes...the only thing is the favor and time and resources. Either way, I'll make one eventually just for fun:D

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
I believe that with the new rebalancing that is soon to take place, myth units will cost less favor and be easier to build.

DeletedUser2039

Eh, but then worth it? Skeptical about that, but oh well.

DeletedUser

I believe that with the new rebalancing that is soon to take place, myth units will cost less favor and be easier to build.

Any news on when it's going to happen yet? I've been looking forward to it for some time now.