Where is everyone at?

DeletedUser

I would have assumed a much larger forum presence....simply based on the sheer number of accounts in-game. Are they just multiples from other realms or too shy to post on the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Firstly, welcome to the Xi forums, though they are quite dead. Secondly, nearly 1/5 of players ingame have a forum account according to my estimates. And lastly, how are you doing on this fine day?

DeletedUser

Your estimates are WAY off Despi. Grepostats shows nearly 114,000 players on all worlds playing. Now some are certainly inactive but even if we go ridiculous and say half are inactive (which is not reasonable) 20% of 57,000 players is 11,400 forum users which we do not have close to.

Th3 - players are not allowed to have multiple forum accounts. I would say that quite a few just do not post and only come here when there is an announcement sent in game.

DeletedUser

Got ya.....

Your estimates are WAY off Despi. Grepostats shows nearly 114,000 players on all worlds playing. Now some are certainly inactive but even if we go ridiculous and say half are inactive (which is not reasonable) 20% of 57,000 players is 11,400 forum users which we do not have close to.

Th3 - players are not allowed to have multiple forum accounts. I would say that quite a few just do not post and only come here when there is an announcement sent in game.

DeletedUser

Okay, not to rebut you but I was thinking along the lines of active forums users.

DeletedUser

You are welcome to rebut me. I am not infallible. But if you look at active forum users its an even wider disparity. The forums show 983 active forum users which is that large from the last post I sent via igm, it's actually smaller. That divided by the number of active players is a lot smaller than 1 in 5.

DeletedUser

I think he means that 1 in 5 registered forum users are actually active on the forum, unless I am confused.

Members 4,867
Active Members 975

lol Ratio comes out to 1 in 4.9918 :D Which is basically 1 in 5 players.

DeletedUser

Perhaps that is what he meant, which would be much closer to accurate.

DeletedUser

I've played since january and this is the first post I've ever made in the ext. Forum. No real reason, just didn't really think about it.

DeletedUser

Just started looking through the forums and this is one that stuck out for me, so I guess I can give you a little of my story as an excuse.

I've always played these games with people I know IRL or from other games (AfterDoomsday, Biocide City, Vile City- any players here? They're all dead now, except maybe VC.) I've taken some time off from games, so I've lost contact with all my gamer buds and I can't convince any of my friends to give this one a try. Maybe a lot of other players have a similar story- they wanted to try Grepolis because it just looked like a beautiful game, but haven't really connected with anyone yet, haven't found a toe hold in the game yet.

Also, to add, the games I've played in the past are no comparison whatsoever to this game. Wow!

DeletedUser39

Just started looking through the forums and this is one that stuck out for me, so I guess I can give you a little of my story as an excuse.

I've always played these games with people I know IRL or from other games (AfterDoomsday, Biocide City, Vile City- any players here? They're all dead now, except maybe VC.) I've taken some time off from games, so I've lost contact with all my gamer buds and I can't convince any of my friends to give this one a try. Maybe a lot of other players have a similar story- they wanted to try Grepolis because it just looked like a beautiful game, but haven't really connected with anyone yet, haven't found a toe hold in the game yet.

Also, to add, the games I've played in the past are no comparison whatsoever to this game. Wow!

Nobody I know in real life plays Grepolis; let alone any of my friends play online War Strategy Games for that matter. However, along the way, you'll get in touch with players that have been around much longer than you have, and are more than willing to help you and stick together. I've played for about 3 years now; sadly, I've completely lost contact with the people I played with at the start of my 'grepolis carreer' on .en Alpha, but I've met great (new) players on .us Alpha and other servers that I played for a short while (.nl for example).

And I agree, I've played a lot of strategy games, but this one really does stand out - perhaps because I've studied Attic Greek for 4 years so far, and it's fun playing a game with elements of what you've studied.

DeletedUser

Thanks for replying, Acupuncture. Your remarks made me realize that I did over-inflate my real life connection to online games. My gamer friends were far more numerous than real life friends. Still, it was nice to have my brother and my (one) friend (I had one friend playing, not just one friend!) playing those games with me. It is really cool to talk about games in person. (I will not be skyping anyone!)

That is cool that you can live a sort of life in an area you are familiar with. I hadn't really thought about it before, but almost all of the games I played before were post-apocalyptic - no areas of study to really compare that to! Most were modeled after Mad Max or some similar movie world, not a history.

Thanks again, maybe I'll see you on the wine-dark seas.

DeletedUser

yeah i started playing because 3 of my friends were playing and they wanted me to join, 1 guy left and its only been 3 months... and this will probably be the last world for them because they don't like the grueling task of starting over... i dont mind it, but now that i am playing on omicron without them it is really a quite different experience, not as fun... and the game doesn't really help promote having RL friends play due to their very strict shared connection policy... we have been banned quite a few times due to being on the same campus network which is BS in my opinion but whatevz

DeletedUser4982

I actually don't know how I even found the game :p Then I started playing and I liked it and I started telling my cousins about it . Now I'm playing Xi with 2 RL friends :)