When your last city is conquered....

• Thread starter Thomas Elders III
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I have what should probably be a simple question, but I don't see any reference to it in the forums. I may just not be searching for the right terms, though, in order to locate it.

If you only have a single city, and that city is conquered, is the new location that your city appears at completely random, or is it possible to be invited to an empty main island anchor point by a friend or ally? Also, if you're in an alliance, will the system try to put you as close to your alliance mates as possible?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

DeletedUser

The system can try to put you close to your alliance-mates, if you want it to. Otherwise, it's basically the same as starting the world, except I don't think it's possible for someone to help you restart in a specific spot through the anchor point referral system.

DeletedUser

city conquered

The system can try to put you close to your alliance-mates, if you want it to. Otherwise, it's basically the same as starting the world, except I don't think it's possible for someone to help you restart in a specific spot through the anchor point referral system.
my last city was conquered and my account disappeared..now innogames are tellimg me this is what happens..if your last city is conquered you need to restart...seems highly strange that after spending money to further yourself you have to restart...anybody else run into this problem

DeletedUser

Pammyd, Grepolis is a browser game focusing on having wars with other players. Sometimes, another player will rather frustratingly conquer your city forcing you to restart. When you have been conquered, you have several options available to you. The first of these options would be to restart on the world that you lost your city on, however the world may have already progressed to such a stage were restarting would be useless.

The other option available to you would be for you to join the latest world, the latest worlds often have players that are both a lot newer and smaller in size, meaning you stand a better chance of survival. I advise that you join up with a promising alliance and have them give you advice on how to play.

DeletedUser

why should i spend money and then have to restart...thats what i call theft
and by the way..i have NO problem with my city last or otherwise being conquered...what i DO have a problem with is having to start ALL the techs again..when i have already paid to have them researched faster

DeletedUser

Well it isn't theft though is it?
You paid for gold and you received it, you then used that gold to gain some advantage, in this case the speed reduction on the researches and you did receive it... Is that theft? Nope.

I see what you are saying though, it is always annoying when you are conquered. However there is nothing that can be done... This is a war game, it is about taking other people's cities. You could join a new world and try to learn the ropes or possibly join the no-conquest world. Hyperborea or something. That way, you cannot be conquered. :)

DeletedUser

so you would be quite happy to spend money on this game knowing you might have to restart every day??

DeletedUser2039

so you would be quite happy to spend money on this game knowing you might have to restart every day??

People do this daily. I recommend going to the world Hyperboria if you would like to spend gold and have no chance of being conquered.
I have to side with theonlythomas though, you are getting what you paid for when speeding production. It is then up to you whether you loose your city or not. My recommendation is the same as theonlythomas's, join a well built alliance that can teach and protect you. That is your best chance at survival.

DeletedUser2039

This is true. Many easy and free offers.

Check out the creative writing contest to win some gold here too. 600 gold for first place, 400 for second, and 200 for third.

DeletedUser

I'd be surprised if you were conquered every day anyway. I've never conquered a 200 points city before. ;)

DeletedUser

Hi all, it's understandable to get annoyed when you spend money to get gold and build your city fast, but I have found out to my own destruction that this is a war game and to grow your city fast is a big mistake, as I am only a few hours away from city destruction,, I do hope I have something left to rebuild on, I will soon know, being in the strong syndicate is the key here I feel, but its also a shame that if your not in one of the major syndicates that the smaller syndicates/cities have no help or extra defence against attacks from cities 5 or 10 times larger than ours, to have 10 different massive players beating your city back into the dark ages and even oblivion is rather painful and upsetting, but hey its a war game and one must not get too involved or upset :)