When do worlds close?

DeletedUser

Just wondering what decides when the world is closed to others. Is there a time limit from when a world starts that people can join? Only noticed b/c I was trying to get my girlfriend addicted so she'd stop nagging me about playing all the time, and she couldn't join this world. Probably a good thing people can't join late-they'd get destroyed and never play again, but I was curious as to the cutoff point.

DeletedUser

She couldn't join US1 because it's full. That's why US2 is now open. We have not set actual parameters for the closing of .US worlds yet, mainly because we are so far away from it. We will set them when it gets closer.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the quick response Deadalus. I know it doesn't make any difference to most people-what world they're in-and it probably doesn't matter in our scenario either because I wouldn't be able to help her since we share a connection. I just got curious after she told me alpha was closed.

You can put the thread through the shredder now.

Again, thanks!

DeletedUser

That's odd. I've seen many new players join around my island. All of them went to the enemy too, so I assume they've been using the invite friends feature.

Try using the invite friends feature Skyflight. I would recommend clicking an open slot on your island if you wish to do so, there should be an option to invite a friend that way.

DeletedUser

I took your word for it, but in checking we havent hit the max number quite yet, make sure she is trying to join Alpha on www.grepolis.us and not www.grepolis.com.

PS - about 500 spots on Alpha left before its full.

DeletedUser

I used the invite feature the first time and she said it wasn't working. Anyway I went to her email and followed the link... and... it worked fine. Must have been her.

Thanks

DeletedUser39

I used the invite feature the first time and she said it wasn't working. Anyway I went to her email and followed the link... and... it worked fine. Must have been her.

Thanks

You can't blame women for that...:D

But, make sure she doesn't get that addicted, she's going to nag on you for not playing enough;)

PS: @Daedalus, if I put accents on my words, they get cut off and the rest of my post goes to waste.

Last edited by a moderator: