What is the refugee rule for Troy?

GuardianAngel671

Senior Citizen
We're trying to find out if the refugee rule is for 24 hours or 48 hours. I was wondering are they posted anywhere? Do they vary by server?I'm wanting to make sure we have them accurate if possible:)

Thankies.
Rose

DeletedUser11834

Uhm. I think you're either messing up begginers protection with this or you don't know what refugee rules is... There is no set refugee rule that I know of, it's just something noobish leaders post on their alliance profile. It means that they, when taking in people that have been targeted by others, will only support them after a set amount of time. It's up to the leaders if and how long they will set this rule...

Last edited by a moderator:

GuardianAngel671

Senior Citizen
Nope wasn't thinking of Beginner's protection.I had someone ask me about it & I couldn't really remember what peeps said was usually the way it ran.I've heard so many versions I figured I'd ask if there was an agreed upon form. Not sure what ya meant by BB to be honest.I very seldom come in the external forum-usually to find answers for somebody. So yep I realize some questions may seem newbieish.

DeletedUser

If you can't take a city with 24 hours well smh. 8 hour CQ in this world

DeletedUser

If they can't defend themselves for 24 hours you don't want them anyway...

DeletedUser4710

If they are worth inviting to an alliance then my thoughts are that they are worth defending. Refugee rule is for weak alliances that do not want to cause waves in a server.

DeletedUser4951

I'll say it flat out, it really depends. If you want to use the refugee system, fine, i'm glad its making a come back actually. Its handy and helps avoid unwanted conflicts or helps a player who feels wronged get a city.

However, lets be honest, if a top end player is local to us, good/has proven themselves, wants to join, and is under attack. Then you're probably going to laugh someone out the door if they try that refugee stuff. It only applies for lower end players. Its a simple trade in most scenarios, give up the player, or give up the alliance. Most rational leaders know which to pick.

DeletedUser4460

Refugee rule has relevance when you recruit a player from your pact, who owns cities on their full islands, maybe had conflicts with the previous alliance... or when a player tends to switch alliances often and might abuse hospitality.
I think if you would invite a player and don't want trouble ask whether he/she is under attack and decide what that means for you (invite or not), do not use 'refugee rule' as excuse once the player joined what is an alliance for if not defending their players... unless you have an MRA or just doesn't care...

DeletedUser11996

CQ Time

If you can't take a city with 24 hours well smh. 8 hour CQ in this world

I just started in this world last week. Am I reading this right and the CQ time is only 8hrs?

Please correct me if I am understanding that wrong - or having a blonde moment in reading that. :-D

DeletedUser6919

Welcome to troy Texas Girl, you read it correctly.

As this is a speed 3 world, sieges last for 8 hours (shorter if Helana is sent with attack).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7615

Refuge rules are pretty silly. If we invite someone into TBC, we will check with our pacted alliances first. Other than that, you are all red anyways.

DeletedUser

having a blonde moment in reading that. :-D
Fear not, Your Blond headed sharp eyes read well, your brain understood well. It means if you off to bed when CQ then it is tickets. Only solution is to have team members have troops in your city and when attacked and in doubt, spy your city to see if the Evil CQ ship is in the harbour. They call it Team Work

DeletedUser6677

We're trying to find out if the refugee rule is for 24 hours or 48 hours. I was wondering are they posted anywhere? Do they vary by server?I'm wanting to make sure we have them accurate if possible:)

Thankies.
Rose

why would anyone play by any rules other than the ones set by inno?

DeletedUser6677

why would they need to ask in the externals what their deals are with their pacts noob face?

DeletedUser8159

why would they need to ask in the externals what their deals are with their pacts noob face?

Wow, youre such a cluster noob.... ask them not me for I didnt write it!
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

DeletedUser

Okay so I am seeing conflicting things here.

If you have someone you've been attacking the crap out of them...cleared their city(cities), about to CS, and they jump to an Allied Alliance....Didn't bother explaining the bad baggage they were bringing along or that it is you after them. Wouldn't that still fall within the Refugee Rules?

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?10805-The-Refugee-%28Defined%29

If they are making a big deal about his then you have an inexperienced ally....prob run by a pre-teen.