Welcome to the new forums!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8378
  • Start date

DeletedUser11525

The new forums are adequate for how they are used.

My biggest gripe with them is that I come here to read the posts, and occasionally post something, not to look at the header art and welcome text. Having to scroll down a screen to get to what I came for makes them much less worth going to. Both could be smaller or overlayed to reduce the fluffy overhead here.

DeletedUser271

There's a translation bug:

ku4cUk4.png

I found it in the Kos forum, but it was also present in other sections with stickied threads.

DeletedUser6798

I understand you guys would rather keep what we're all used to, but change can be good!
I think it'd be better to accept this is the forums we're gonna use now as we cannot change back, and focus on how we can make these forums better. :)

(like hoping the grepo smilies will work again)

We can make them better.. by making them look like the old forums lol

Really though.. this beige on beige on beige is boring. Too basic. The Header at the top for the game is too big and pointless since there are no longer menu options at the top..

The layout is too confusing.. i prefer things being more tightly grouped so we dont have to scroll down so far just to see 3 thread titles.

While reading threads I can only see one reply w/o having to scroll further down. The space in between is unnecessary.

Basically just take a screenshot of the old layout and go from there..

And thats as helpful as I am willing to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9662

We can make them better.. by making them look like the old forums lol

Really though.. this beige on beige on beige is boring. Too basic. The Header at the top for the game is too big and pointless since there are no longer menu options at the bottom..

Maybe they can put menu options back up there :)

DeletedUser8378

There's a translation bug:

ku4cUk4.png

I found it in the Kos forum, but it was also present in other sections with stickied threads.

Yes something I forgot to mention! They're working on fixing the translations in the next update.

DeletedUser14780

WHO KILLED THE GREPOLIS FORUMS? Chapter One

Darth Vader receives a report " that a trail of froot loops led to a blue parrot who was found tinkering with the forum format and smileys..."

DeletedUser6919

I understand you guys would rather keep what we're all used to, but change can be good!
I think it'd be better to accept this is the forums we're gonna use now as we cannot change back, and focus on how we can make these forums better. :)

fix it so people can use forum on mobile. the blue menu bar covers the text box. Then when trying to scroll up or down so I can see 1 maybe 2 lines of text, it is made extra difficult by the pale yellow links for support and apps that are virtually impossible to spot against cream back ground so they keep getting pressed, which takes me away from the thread I'm trying to post on. Its not hard to figure out if the forums are unnecessarily difficult to post on, people won't bother using them.

Likes are not reps. Reps were to show how helpful/knowledgeable someone was so were a good way to gauge if the person was going to be worth taking advice from. We have lost that feature and now have no way to -neg people. In addition to missing the old rep system I don't like some of my previously hidden +rep are now public likes. I think there should be a way to unlike things. Not just to remove the some of the things you made public, but 'cos it's easy to hit like by mistake when scrolling down on mobile so there should be a way to correct accidents.

I'd like to see rules change so animated pictures can be used now.

DeletedUser271

Guys, I have been granted by the gods of the new Grepolis forum the secret to the access to the activity stream as we knew it with the old forum. Lo and behold! Here is how to see the activity stream:

First, click on that button in the upper right hand corner of the forum, just below the big Grepolis banner:
Pgb7ajS.png

Then a window will open, click on this:
QRpCQOD.png

And ta daaa! Here's your activity stream! :D

DeletedUser11560

Can't you also just click on the What's New? on the bottom?

DeletedUser271

It doesn't do the same thing. The "What's New" button shows threads where there is an unread message. My solution shows the activity stream as we knew it on the former forum - each new post is shown separately :)

DeletedUser9662

Could't just have one button for it :(.

Thank you Kyllian :).

DeletedUser11560

It doesn't do the same thing. The "What's New" button shows threads where there is an unread message. My solution shows the activity stream as we knew it on the former forum - each new post is shown separately :)

Thanks. Why can't they just ONE button that says "Activity stream" just like the old forums?

DeletedUser8950

omg this is awful... I'm totally lost here
smiley_emoticons_flucht2.gif
Looks like Barbie's new home in Vanilla Paradise.

Hey Inno, this is Grepolis! A War Game, remember? Why do you always need to make things worse?

DeletedUser12822

You'll get used to it. :D I've had no problems navigating now that I've learned how everything is set up.