Welcome to the new forums!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8378
  • Start date

DeletedUser8378

Welcome back!

As you may have noticed we have changed the forums quite a bit!

Major changes:
Announcements
All forum and general announcements will now be put here. The changelogs and discussions are put as sub-forums. This way we can have all the announcements in one place.

Grepolis United - Updates and Discussion
This will mostly be for updates about InnoGames suchs as InnoGamesTV and Q/A

Worlds
The worlds section has been changed quite a bit. All gen 3 worlds will now be displayed as actual forums instead of sub-forums. All other worlds will be as they were before.

A lot of our sections have been moved around, but most of them are still here. We are still working on a section for Ideas and Feedback so it will be easier for us to see your comments about the game and give us some ideas for forums or the game in general.

Forum Titles and Warnings
Those are outline sin detail in the thread linked below:
https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/forum-explained-moderation-and-titles.10744

Please excuse us while we're still working on making the forums a better place, and let me know how you like it so far!

DeletedUser12822

My first thought is: I know that there is a What's New tab at the bottom, but it doesn't function like the what's new tab on the previous forums, which showed everything that has been posted, regardless of when you last logged in. It also displayed every post, including multiple posts in a row in the same thread. What happened to this very helpful feature that has been lost it seems/

DeletedUser8378

My first thought is: I know that there is a What's New tab at the bottom, but it doesn't function like the what's new tab on the previous forums, which showed everything that has been posted, regardless of when you last logged in. It also displayed every post, including multiple posts in a row in the same thread. What happened to this very helpful feature that has been lost it seems/

I have 6 pages in "what's new". I've looked at multiple of these posts already but they're still there. :eek:

DeletedUser12822

I am talking about this feature. It's in French but the concept is the same considering it's from the old forums:

krs8Uec.png

What happened to this feature that enables you to catch up without having to go through individual threads to look for unread posts?

DeletedUser9662

Interesting new forum, going to mess around with new features :);):(:mad::confused::cool::D:p:eek::rolleyes::oops:o_O

DeletedUser8378

Ah okay I get what you mean now. I'm not sure but I will ask about it!

DeletedUser271

I don't really like the new design or the fact we can't dislike a post anymore (like a -rep) but I guess that's not something that can be changed? :( We also used to be able to mark a single section as read by double-clicking on its icon, now we can't... I also liked the activity stream Orphyrion mentioned, I don't understand what's going on with the new one.

I can't find a button to mark the forums read and I'm having trouble making out the difference between a read section and an unread section, is there any way to make them more different instead of simply changing the shade of blue of their icon?

DeletedUser8378

I don't really like the new design or the fact we can't dislike a post anymore (like a -rep) but I guess that's not something that can be changed? :( We also used to be able to mark a single section as read by double-clicking on its icon, now we can't... I also liked the activity stream Orphyrion mentioned, I don't understand what's going on with the new one.

I can't find a button to mark the forums read and I'm having trouble making out the difference between a read section and an unread section, is there any way to make them more different instead of simply changing the shade of blue of their icon?

I will figure out more about the -rep and see if we can get something similar.

What was wrong with the old forum again?

Nothing was "wrong" with the old forums.

DeletedUser5973

To expand on what Lea said, there was nothing wrong with the old forums however it was very hard to develop them further so Innogames forums have been migrated to a new modern platform.

I made a thread explaining some other changes we have made to forum titles and moderation, feel free to visit and comment:

https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/forum-explained-moderation-and-titles.10744/

lol yeah, because of all the activity that these dead forums have. We need them further devolved. Guessing Inno decided to give us something to gripe about while they sneaked in their new warefare packages

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

why are all the menu options at the bottom?

The overall theme of the forums and the menu options probably won't change. We are however working on getting them to consistently show since right now it seems the menus at the bottom (both Forum/Members/What's New) and the User Control Panel menus on the right hand side to not appear sometimes.

One temporary fix is to scroll all the way up or reload the page since the menus appear more often if you scroll all the way up. You should then mouseover right of the text and a context menu might appear:
tempfix.png

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1048

Yeah this took a while to learn for sure lol

To expand on what Lea said, there was nothing wrong with the old forums however it was very hard to develop them further so Innogames forums have been migrated to a new modern platform.

I made a thread explaining some other changes we have made to forum titles and moderation, feel free to visit and comment:

https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/forum-explained-moderation-and-titles.10744/

Is the forum pretty much complete? If so this "modern platform" is like saying we should upgrade from men to cave men. Get there aren't many people using the forum but if that is why the change was made I rather hear it like that.

DeletedUser12275

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
but well at least now we can see who gives likes to your posts lol,i will miss my green rep bars tho :(:(

DeletedUser

Get there aren't many people using the forum but if that is why the change was made I rather hear it like that.

This change is in no way aimed specifically at the Grepolis community. Many Innogames forums have been migrated. As with any change, I know the new interface might take a little while to get used to.

DeletedUser8378

I understand you guys would rather keep what we're all used to, but change can be good!
I think it'd be better to accept this is the forums we're gonna use now as we cannot change back, and focus on how we can make these forums better. :)

(like hoping the grepo smilies will work again)