Wars of Upsilon

DeletedUser7985

LOL Ximikos. Great pic. GRAMAW that is cute too. Though of course not true. Lets face it, with so many super powers aligned the way they are on the map it, Assassins had to go after Anti-Matter or Trinity. Trinity alliance actually tried to get us to attack Anti-Matter as well so that it would not be a fair fight but we stick with our friends. So since we would not do what Trinity wanted they decided to attack us, which is great we need city slots and they are feeding them to us much more than they are feeding themselves. I hear that Euth has called us Lapdogs to Anti-Matter funny how being friends with someone and honoring your friendship and not turning and stabbing your friends in the back is a bad thing. LOL Happy Holiday everyone enemy and friend alike!

DeletedUser

Well, we have Antimatter , Dark Matter, and you all should rename yourselves Doesn't Matter to round out the trio.
:-o

In all seriousness. This war serves all players on this server. A simming server is a dying server, and that's what was going on. I'm sure every alliance chat room was starting to fill with messages like "join us on Umptifratz server, speed 3". That would have only continued. (Sigh: I just wish Hive had stuck it out longer, but that's honey under the bridge.)

This war is truly shaping up to be epic, so may the better part of the physical universe win, that of course being visible matter. Dark Matter and energy may be more plentiful, but I chose quality over quantity anyday.

Hence I stick with the term GRAMAW wars. ;)

DeletedUser7985

LOL Dosen't Matter, well we are not a part of Anti-Matter, we are just friends and have been friends from just about the start. I guess we could rename ourselves that as in Doesn't Matter You're Going Lose to Us. I was thinking the war could be named Foos Folly or maybe Euthydemus Wars, but that gives Euth too much importance and from talking to him need to keep that ego of his in check.

I really agree with you that this war will be good for this server. Of course the Elder Gods are the good guys, so may good win out over the evil that threatens to ruin this server. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Of course the Elder Gods are the good guys, so may good win out over the evil that threatens to ruin this server. ;)

The Titans were the Elder Gods in their day. Spoiler alert: the worst wound up in Tartarus (Chronos), the best tied to a rock getting his liver eaten on a daily basis (Prometheus), and the most powerful (Pan) hit the perma-VM button and was lost forever.

Go Olympians!

DeletedUser

it looks to us as trinity is having real trouble...since roughnecks joined the war the momentum is all against the trinity network in the northern sectors...they has not been able to mount any meaningful offense operations at all , where we have seized several bases even of high profile targets and even whole islands.

concordia, in particular is very weak...the leader there hordes defense against roughnecks attacks at the expense of his whole alliance

DeletedUser6798

I think mikos has a new strategy...

sit in a corner and hope we all get bored and quit..

so far he has at least 2/3s of his alliance following suit.

e71cf5c949.jpg

DeletedUser6798

I cant seem to ever find it, but here is the updated count for the war!!

These are the losses per alliance

AM
AR- 17
LR- 16
TT- 0
Hera- 2
HR- 0
Total- 35

DM
AR- 19
LR- 17
TT- 4
Hera- 0
HR- 6
Total- 46

Absolute Total= 81

AR
AM- 10
DM- 25
Total- 35

LR
AM- 26
DM- 37
Total- 63

TT
AM- 20
DM- 8
Total- 28

Hera
AM- 6
DM- 2
Total- 8

HR
AM- 25
DM- 9
Total- 34

Absolute Total= 168

So that is 168-81 in AM/DM's favor.. in this case, numbers never lie.

DeletedUser

Many unfortunate part-time players got caught with too many cities on the new war front. 168-81 reflects the edge one gets through betrayal and broken promises. But a good look at today's map shows that the fronts have crystalized and now comes the real test of character.

The Benedict Arnolds will give way to the George Washingtons. The Americans defeated and humiliated the first British Army under Burgoyne and another under Cornwallis. Then in 1814 an Army that Oliver Clothesoff would gladly pay statistical homage, the very army that defeated Napolean was spanked by a rag tag army of patriots led by Cololonel Andrew Jackson.

Benedict Arnold Firebrand and his 42 cities just flickered out of the AM/DM numbers, but they aren't technically 'cities lost'. Your problem is not going to be so much in the 'cities lost' but in the 'cities whose masters lost interest', your problem isnt in the upper body strength of AM/DM as much as it is in its 'FEET OF CLAY'.

feet-of-clay.jpg

DeletedUser2630

Many unfortunate part-time players got caught with too many cities on the new war front. 168-81 reflects the edge one gets through betrayal and broken promises. But a good look at today's map shows that the fronts have crystalized and now comes the real test of character.

The Benedict Arnolds will give way to the George Washingtons. The Americans defeated and humiliated the first British Army under Burgoyne and another under Cornwallis. Then in 1814 an Army that Oliver Clothesoff would gladly pay statistical homage, the very army that defeated Napolean was spanked by a rag tag army of patriots led by Cololonel Andrew Jackson.

Benedict Arnold Firebrand and his 42 cities just flickered out of the AM/DM numbers, but they aren't technically 'cities lost'. Your problem is not going to be so much in the 'cities lost' but in the 'cities whose masters lost interest', your problem isnt in the upper body strength of AM/DM as much as it is in its 'FEET OF CLAY'.

View attachment 1770

Typical of the X man.....distorting the facts again. The War of Independence was essentially English born peoples fighting against German mercenaries. The English born won. As for the war of 1812, the British burned the White House and had a larger "world war" to contend with (at the time Europe was the world and America simply an outlying set of colonies and upstart former colony). The "battle" of New Orleans that he references was actually fought after the war was over but word didn't get to the combatants in time. The British troops - mainly Scottish Highlanders, cannon fodder for the fat English generals - had sailed across an ocean, were attired in European wool, landed in the delta, and after such a trip likely would have had trouble fighting the mosquitos never mind swamp dwellers. Hardly an epic victory unless you believe Hollywood. Try reading history from a different perspective and you might have a glimmer of truth survive.

DeletedUser

Britain's Order of Battle

Battle of New Orleans

General Sir Edward Pakenham, GCB

Staff

Infantry Regiments

4th Foot (King's Own)
7th Foot (Royal Fusiliers)
21st Foot (Royal North British Fusiliers)
43rd Light Infantry (Monmouth)
44th Foot (East Essex)
85th Foot (Buck's Volunteers)
93rd Foot (Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders)
95th Rifle Corps
1st West Indian Infantry (Colored)
2nd West Indian Infantry (Colored)
Cavalry Regiments

14th Dragoons (dismounted)
Detachments of:

Royal Artillery
Royal Engineers
Royal Rocket Corps
Royal Corps of Sappers and Miners
Sailors from the Royal Navy
Royal Marines
Of the regiments that fought at New Orleans, the 4th (King's Own) and the 95th (Rifle Corps) went on to fight in June at Waterloo. The 93rd Foot (Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders) went on to form "The Thin Red Line" at Balaclava during the Crimean War. The 4th suffered three times as many casualties at New Orleans than they did at Waterloo, with over 400 killed or wounded. Overall British casualties numbered between 2,000 and 3,000, which included the commander, General Sir Edward Pakenham.

While British forces were able to route the US units assigned to the West Bank of the Mississippi River, the main US force on the East Bank inflicted massive casualties on the invading force, with an astoundingly low cost to themselves in terms of men lost (7 killed, 6 wounded). The utter defeat of the British on the East Bank nullified any gains they made on the other side. That and the loss of their commander forced the British to return to their ships and sail for home.

Straight up stuff out of a history book.

You can look up the Order of Battle for the various Revolutionary war campaigns as well. You'll find a surprisingly small amount of Hessian mercenaries. Face the fact Bayoubrit, the cajuns have a word for a Brit in their bayous, alligator bait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL7XS_8qgXM&list=RDVL7XS_8qgXM

I sang this in a pub in Ireland. I got free drinks all night long.

DeletedUser9934

View attachment 1770

Thats rich, your leader(foos) has made a living off spreading lies and betraying allies once his precious little alliance gets passed in the rankings. The most success you've ever had against our alliance is right after you made a coalition(whos failing miserably) and broke our pacts and started attacking us with out warning. Your alliance is built upon betrayals and broken promises, now go lay in your bed

DeletedUser6798

Mikos I honestly dont even know how to respond to your comment. I am glad you finally commented. You realize that the discrepancy has only increased since the war began? It inst like this was an initial burst as players were "ready" for war got caught off guard. War is almost 2 months old, players should be ready.

This is completely different that an the great foos made his declaration of war on the Matter alliances. That move caught our players off guard and you never heard us complain once. We have just put our chins down and moved forward. We have taken from your most active as well s your least active. The battle lines arent being "drawn" They are being shifted toward your core as we continue to push onward.

But spin it however you want.. it is a long game, and this war is now just past its infancy. A lot remains to be seen and proven. All I did was provide a current update, you are the one that provided the excuses.

DeletedUser

This is completely different that an the great foos made his declaration of war on the Matter alliances. That move caught our players off guard and you never heard us complain once.

It's not my fault that the AM/DM leadership left you in a dark, dank cave like mushrooms growing happily on cow manure. They had machinated this scenario the moment they first started taking their first bee cities.

But spin it as you may, the fact is that both sides are finding it much tougher to make headway against eachother because the people remaining on the frontlines have obtained a proper mix of cities to sustain being on the front line whether they be a highly active or a casual player.

With each week we have grown stronger as your side has grown war weary and frustrated. Already the Havoc traitors leave your fold. Mercenaries are like that. Whatever glory or honor you promised them has already lost its lustre as I see the great Benedict Arnold Firebrand has dropped from your ranks. Ouch.

But you are right about one thing. Enough talk about the past. Our lines have adjusted and so have yours; our 'surprised' players have readjusted to the new realities and so have yours.

http://grepointel.com/map.php?server=us21&ref=wcq61rtgygz6a5c3145bl6g0w71fctaukglfara

If there exists a better world-wide server war from top to bottom, I haven't seen it. I truly can't understand why anyone would quit this game with a map that looks like this, but Real Life happens.

Play ball! Play Grepo!

DeletedUser6798

I cannot argue with you on that.. this has been a great server.. however to call us war weary is a joke. Do I sound like a player who is frustrated? Do we are a group seem to struggle to take your cities when we have been able to take a third of King Chaz cities to this point?

The score was 168-81.. please tell me how your group is growing stronger? AM/DM has dictated the pace of the war. The lines you see in that map are where they are because we continue to push outward when AR/LR/Trinity/Hera fall back.

The only reason why AR/LR and Trinity control so much of O55 was because of the massive amount of inactives in that area that lost cities while the Hive was falling apart. Ever since that point the push into O55 has stopped.

Taking inactives and ghosts from members that used to be in your alliance does not make you stronger. It makes you weaker. Trust me, doing so takes you as far as The Hive was able to get.

DeletedUser

King Chaz

I never worked much with Chaz, and I find it inexplicable why someone would quit after putting so much time, effort and gold into a world that was just starting to get really fun. We've lost a few good players along the way due to their not appreciating how torturously slow speed 1 worlds are. Chaz went inactive just after I started working with the folks in Trinity. But I do have a theory about it.

In Economics, it's called the law of diminishing returns. Using gold, especially for obtaining city slots is very effective for the first 15 cities or so, after that it takes a fortune to run olympics instead of VPs. Being 112th and 102nd ranked in defense/attack while having twice as many cities sounds more like simming than fun to me. After dominating the #1 spot for so long, I suppose he may have thought the game starting to become a 'grind'.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

There is the other rumor that the safe house he was in charge of got compromised and every last trace of its existence erased or abandoned, including virtual.

So on this 4th of July I'd like to thank all the heroes out there like King Chaz for keeping America safe.

DeletedUser

Thats rich, your leader(foos) has made a living off spreading lies and betraying allies once his precious little alliance gets passed in the rankings. The most success you've ever had against our alliance is right after you made a coalition(whos failing miserably) and broke our pacts and started attacking us with out warning. Your alliance is built upon betrayals and broken promises, now go lay in your bed

You know, I try to make it a point to avoid replying on these Forums. But when I run across stupidity this blatant, it becomes too difficult not to. Appears to me you're still upset about what happened to Italia and that's clouding your ability to be rational -- so, our sincerest apologies. But spreading lies and betraying allies? Huh? I think it's funny how clueless some of you grunts are thinking you know what's really transpired up until now. Where to begin.. Let's see.

Your alliance is built upon betrayals and broken promises
You sure? The irony is that it's actually 'Antimatter/DarkMatter' that was created through betrayals & broken promises. How you ask? Well, the moment MOZZ decided to take in the scum that was Hive, he threw out a previously established end-game arrangement and effectively cut-off all our targets(not that we really care, but let's be accurate -- shall we?). Then what does he do? Begs us to go back-stab and attack Trinity. Lol! Sadly, this is par for the course as far as his judgement is concerned.

broke our pacts and started attacking us with out warning.
This parts really good, too. No warning, really? And for an alliance that runs the motto 'Strength and Honor', you're all clearly lacking the latter. Embarrassing.

So, before you or anyone else goes around touting the 'successes' of 'Antimatter/DarkMatter,' don't forget to drop to your knees and thank Fentar. Because without him, how would you have known to flee into VM? Etc. No doubt your alliance has capable individuals/players and much success has been in part to their abilities. But to resort to ALL that and then some, and still not be able to get the upper-hand? Come on. I'm disappointed. I thought AR was going to sink?

Yes, I went off on a tangent but I think a little history lesson was well over due.

Strength and honor, kiddies. Strength and 'honor'.

DeletedUser2630

dude, I don't know you but your referencing The Hive players as "scum" is a little strong wouldn't you say? Take a chill pill, smoke a bowl, or quit the game before you have a heart attack. Most of us are here to have fun and you clearly are having difficulty with that.

DeletedUser6798

Bayou, he only refers to us as scum because he knows the quality of players that came over from the Hive. Plus everyone is a little sour and filled with jealousy deep down inside because they know that if The Hive did not fall apart from the inside, and our core group of players had planned to stay for the long haul, there is no way they would have even been able to hold a match next to us. But that is here nor there. The Hive was essentially weak even at its strongest point because the players that up and quit were not the type of players that could make it for an entire world.. but shhh AR and TT think they beat us into submission.

DeletedUser

As for the rest, *yawn*. Many outside of 'The Hive' knew that alliance was going nowhere. Yes, no doubt there were a handful of active and capable players. Active and capable players that preyed on beginners, unorganized alliances, etc. simply due to placement. But the moment the stuff hit the fan and you ran across players with experience that could organize an alliance, the mass exodus began. Leadership, yourself included, was an absolute failure. No strategy, no long-term plans. No amount of active players could remedy that. Who wants to stick around when those at the top have no clue what they're doing?

Besides, once the tide started to turn, we all knew it was only a matter of time until you would weasel your way out. Regardless of all the pep talks on here about how 'The Hive' would outlast given the said circumstances. Nobody was really surprised. But by all means, continue on in your little fantasy of what could have been. And we'll continue to stay 'jealous' of that failure of an alliance? Lol.

@ Bayou: Sorry for hurting your feelings. Here's some cookies to make you feel better:
cookies.jpg

;)

DeletedUser

I've got a commemorative war poem for the Hive and its academies for it is now common knowledge that Antimatter didn't conquer a single city of yours, they were merely 'internals', sin gloria:

Naive Hivey Pudding and Pie
Gave up quick and failed to try
When AR came out to play
They hit VM and ran away.

AM/DM and BM too
Took in bees and double-crossed Foos
You've reached your peak, and when we're through
We'll flush down dark matter like it was number 2