Wars of Naxos

DeletedUser11088

well said Wolf, couldn't have said it any better. HB just don't give a $@#%!! but yeah Port, these forums have diiiiiiieeeeeeeed!! happens almost every server or world, everyone talks crap for the first month and then........................

DeletedUser3109

Come on guys, me, squalious, baby bear and Highland Wolf can't be the only ones roaming the forums?

DeletedUser3109

Kyle you no we count you and a couple others in automatically. But how about Artemisia this just made the game extremely interesting for all players who play it.

DeletedUser

I come through fairly often, I just don't always say very much. Especially since my participation in this world is at such a low level at the moment.

DeletedUser

Well maybe you guys can look forward to being thoroughly destroyed by The Faction. They have quite a mouth piece still talking trash even now on the Persian Feed back thread. http://forum.us.grepolis.com/showthread.php?7721-Persian-conquest-feedback-thread/page5

Apparently they have been dominating alliances within 48 hours. Sounds pretty serious and like they are OP as Im sure the alliances they dominated were very distinguished. Im just too old to keep up with politics so thats my excuse for having no clue which alliances hes referring to =)

Edit* I guess someone yelled at him, he had to delete all posts but the one I quoted! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I recognize zero of the players in the faction. I am not the end all be all player or anything but after playing this game a few years and playing many servers I don't count it a good sign when I don't know anyone in an alliance. Who knows maybe they will rock the world, but it appears they have large amounts of dead weight on the bottom half end of the alliance. Also the DBP stats say they have yet to meet real opposition, match that to the less the optimal ABP and they are not yet proving to be a 48 hour rim ally. Also since they are an alliance with an academy I will say that all my comments on "The faction" go equally for "The faction." aka the academy...

-Glenn

DeletedUser3109

I know a couple players from the faction a large amount of them come from Phi can't remember exactly what alliance but they were in the 75/65 area if I am correct.

DeletedUser

Well like I said they could surprise everyone, I had not played in phi so I will take your word for it on that one. 75 is kind of far out, but 65 can be a war zone in some servers for sure. But I have seen rim allies raise up to win servers I even had the displeasure to watch a rim/MRA "Win the server" by winning the race to four wonders since they still had a academy with over 100++ players. But in that server we still won the seven wonders and prevented them from getting the seven by out fighting them over the long run.

Who knows these guys might look like an MRA but with the right leadership they could still be a threat down the road.

DeletedUser3109

What happened to the Sea Wolves/NAF, GP conflict? Why doesn't anyone tell me when things are going on.

DeletedUser7789

We are still fighting them. I dont even think they are pacted so easy kills. If they tried to work together they might have a better chance especially when HB and ASC are gonna be off their backs because they are fighting each other. Hint Hint...
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif

DeletedUser

NaF is already working with SW, or haven't you heard? We can work with Pirates as soon as they figure out whose side they are on ;)

But since the growing trend seems to be to tuck tail and join the alliances attacking them, we'll all be Asc/Sw soon. :eek:

DeletedUser

NaF is already working with SW, or haven't you heard? We can work with Pirates as soon as they figure out whose side they are on ;)

But since the growing trend seems to be to tuck tail and join the alliances attacking them, we'll all be Asc/Sw soon. :eek:

Maybe when the majority of players realize that being part of a team means helping others when they are being attacked, the ones who actually do try to work as a team will stop getting frustrated and looking to join a team that actually has the right to call themselves team.

I have heard all sorts of loyalty talk and quite frankly that has to work both ways. I fail to see how it is disloyal to leave your alliance if most of the plaeyrs are only doing what they can for themselves. It is one thing to lose gracefully as a team, and abandoning your team simply because of losing .. yeah I get that deserves flack. It is quite another when you are one of a few fighting for dozens who literally send 0 support during an Op in fear of being the next target.

As for your politics comment, Im no Queen Artemis or whoever the current $^%& disturber is. Too much skeezy politics on this server that quite frankly I dont get or want to know anymore. Im content being the server's drunk and I know who has my back through action not words.

DeletedUser

I understand people frustrated by the lack of support or activity. We've been dealing with it for quite a while. But teams are built. They don't just appear without putting some work into it. If there's a lack of commitment by the alliance, the leaders have to take some responsibility for that don't they? We can't make people play their accounts. But we can push them and show them what being in an alliance means.

In game reputations tend to follow people know matter what server they play. Once someone is tagged as an alliance jumper, that tag seems to follow them. It comes down to personal choices I suppose. If someone has had enough I guess quitting on their team mates and joining another group is one way to go. Personally I'm not very good at quitting and as long as there's a few of my guys willing to put forth the effort, so will I.

DeletedUser

And that is the dilemma. If it is only a few guys trying what can you do? I know in the case of Havoc when I was there some of us busted our nuts trying to teach players, tell them what to do/what is expected when we are attacked and just in general good ways to build. The vast majority of the alliance could not even be bothered to send something silly small like 20 BR to a defense. These arent people Ive gamed with long so why would I put up with being one of the few to carry the many?

As for your last statement about not quitting if even a few guys are trying .. you dont have to alliance hop. Id be far more inclined to leave the dead beats behind and take the few good men and form up if joining elsewhere isnt your bag. This is not a game in which carrying several dozens of players is fun .. it makes Grepo more like a job. Not one person has given a valid reason for sticking it out with dead beats other than to simply say you become a jumper or disloyal. That is ridiculous. IMO to be a jumper you have to leave a team that lost while trying as a group. Not a group of players doing their own thing out of selfish or ignorant reasons.

DeletedUser

I think a lot of the problem is that the newer players joining the US servers don't have the experience to know what they should and shouldn't do. They haven't figured out sending out support gains them bp or that people are more likely to help them when they are seen helping others. They want to leave their troops at home in case they get attacked. Some of em only log in once or twice a day, build a few troops and/or buildings then log off without ever checking forums. Players going yellow or red, then complain when they see they are being internalized. Carrying dead weight of one of my many flaws. I keep hoping they'll figure it out. Or quit.

Grepo is a job though. Like professional sports. Its a job but it's a game at the same time :)

DeletedUser11394

Well like I said they could surprise everyone, I had not played in phi so I will take your word for it on that one. 75 is kind of far out, but 65 can be a war zone in some servers for sure. But I have seen rim allies raise up to win servers I even had the displeasure to watch a rim/MRA "Win the server" by winning the race to four wonders since they still had a academy with over 100++ players. But in that server we still won the seven wonders and prevented them from getting the seven by out fighting them over the long run.

Who knows these guys might look like an MRA but with the right leadership they could still be a threat down the road.

Patience. Time will reveal.