War

DeletedUser

Its easy to tell if a cs is a decoy depending on what has been sent as clearing attacks and support.

I'll be counting the ones that look like they have a committed force to it, let's say 1.5k DLUs and like 300 birs , if an alliance can break that then it's a victory since they got the cs and with the amount of troops they committed it's still a major loss. If a cs has landed and has like 10 birs only and its broken easily then I can safely assume it was a decoy

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I wouldn't count losing a cs attempt with 300 birs and 1.5k DLU a major loss, nor would I call it a victory on the other end. This is assuming that the alliance breaking it lost nothing in the attempt. On the contrary, Grepolis is an inherently defensive game, and that is the core of why I enjoy conquest better than revolt...an attacking alliance can have the advantage of stacking as well as the turtle. An alliance may break a seige with 300 birs, but what if they lose 300 LS in the process, a real possibility due to the advantage stacking gives to the person holding the seige. Is 300 birs more valuable than 300 LS? I'd consider it a wash, especially since the alliance breaking it had to be reactionary, and gained nothing in the process. If, however, a cs is sniped with minimum losses or a seige is otherwise broken without heavy unit casualties, that would be a major loss in my book.

DeletedUser

When it comes to what takes to break a siege it all comes up to luck tbh, if the alliance attacking has very good bonuses and Zurethra with Good winds then the losses are lessened considerably, they add up. The first few attacks all die of ofc, but that leaves more of the other forces as a clean up crew rather than more attacks being destroyed. It also depends if the defending alliance size, if 300 birs was all they had, that's it, they can't defend anymore, if they have a couple hundred more then they can continue the war, the same can be said for the attacker. It all comes down to luck in this game which is good, it adds a more strategical approach must be taken

DeletedUser

Ya...congrats to Gope btw yesterday. Big LS nuke, I'm guessing captain, Zuretha, favorable wind...

DeletedUser

No captain I think, I was surprised the cs wasn't pulled back, and with all the bonuses added(there was 0% luck), 29 more birs were lost than LS that were lost on his part(just added to back up the point that counting cs destroyed should be taken into consideration)

DeletedUser9662

Ya...congrats to Gope btw yesterday. Big LS nuke, I'm guessing captain, Zuretha, favorable wind...

Who cares if he has captain, Zuretha and favorable wind? Someone sounds a little mad :p

DeletedUser

NaF cares because its less that he has to build back up again^^

DeletedUser

No captain I think, I was surprised the cs wasn't pulled back, and with all the bonuses added(there was 0% luck), 29 more birs were lost than LS that were lost on his part(just added to back up the point that counting cs destroyed should be taken into consideration)
I haven't counted, so I can't refute you....though I will say that you guys lost little over 500LS....so let's not get into who can rebuild quicker :p Last time I checked birs build a lot faster, you seriously think we can't build 529 birs faster than you can build 500 LS? :p

DeletedUser

How many birs did you guys even have? Our count of your birs was 387 before our attacks started landing

And no, I didn't mean that we lost more stuff, etc.
I meant that with Gope's attack only counting he lost 31(miscalculation on my part :p) less ships than you guys did. His attack was the one that broke through

DeletedUser

How many birs did you guys even have? Our count of your birs was 387 before our attacks started landing

And no, I didn't mean that we lost more stuff, etc.
I meant that with Gope's attack only counting he lost 31(miscalculation on my part :p) less ships than you guys did. His attack was the one that broke through
You have bad information...he lost 84 LS...and as an alliance you lost 500LS.

DeletedUser

When Gope's hit landed he had 100 LS, he lost 84 while he killed 115 birs(and the cs), 31 positive outcome for him. And I said "he lost 31 less ships than you guys did"

Some of our attacks weren't so luck :p, someone got in with 50 LS and had -30% luck

DeletedUser

Sorry, I misread. Thats correct, but what about the net loss for both alliances? Isn't that more important?

DeletedUser

I need to know how many birs you guys had first. Was it 367? Or did it spike up a few seconds before the majority of our attacks hit?

DeletedUser

The city in question is owned by a Rage refugee....we were not prepared for this to turn out to be such a fight nor did we have any expectation that attacks would be coming...therefore there was continuous support throughout as we had to react in the middle of the night as NaF attacks started coming in. The highest it got was about 419, but I'm pretty sure about 500 birs in total were involved. I'm also pretty sure NaF lost about 500 LS as well.

DeletedUser

I didn't expect it to turn into such a battle, but the city was strategically important.
Alright, this is what I came to, 357 LS were loss by NaF, but also note that the Brotherhood also participated in this attack with a guaranteed 50 which was reported(there was more, no clue how much though).

I also like the name of the city, it means "Come and take"
So its probably safe to assume 500 LS were lost

DeletedUser

haha...Yes. I count 540LS lost in total, so if we assume 357 LS were lost by NaF that means you got more help from Brotherhood then expected. Although...most of Brotherhood's LS were in the form of easy bp packaged in bite-size parcels of 15 or so LS each :D I'm kinda disappointed in NaF actually, taking in Rage refugees and allying with the n00biest alliance I've met so far in thsi server.... pfffft :p

DeletedUser

We took him in because it was like *POOF* your alliance is now gone, and then SoD comes knocking on your door, it reminded us of what happened to the original NaF
How many people did Brotherhood throw? The dude said they got 4 dudes to participate xD

DeletedUser

A decent amount...honestly if Gope hadn't sent in that super imba buffed LS attack we probably had a decent chance of holding the seige LOL....everyone else was mostly sub-30 LS attacks. And I don't think its fair to characterize it as "poof your alliance is now gone, adn then SOD comes knocking on your door, it reminded us of what happened to the original NaF"....by my memory we honored the pact we had with you guys to the letter, you were the ones who broke it and practically declared war on us out of thin air...

DeletedUser

The alliance was gone so all pacts are null and void
I doubt that, hawk and zero's attack didn't get much action

DeletedUser

pretty much the entire west half of our alliance was cut out due to Gope getting through.