US16 - You choose the settings! - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser423

It will be nice to put that 6th god from hero worlds..

DeletedUser861

i would like to see you set it up with some checks and balances also. there has to be a better and more accurate way to catch cheaters before they jump ahead of everyone else and start ruling the game, before anyone has a chance,playing by the rules,to make themselves viable.

another item- maybe a second protection buff in the game giving a player a few days protection if they change alliances. since you dont have a choice where you land,you can end up stuck under a despot,a little napolian,or a nut-case, and you got no choice but to live by their rules. or a one time opportunity to move your colony to better digs during the first protection.

the way it is now, all the old hands migrate in,take over, and start demanding and commanding immediately. we have discussed this before. you have a lot of potential GOLD BUYING customers, that get run out very soon after any game starts. so it ends up with the same old,worn out ethos and alliances,same old players,and theres nothing new,because the new blood has been farmed out of the game already.

DeletedUser

anything new, different. New god. Night Bonus so we can sleep with both eyes closed for 6 hours. A speed that is faster than 3. Gave us power to vote, awesome, but the optional settings are nothing new.

Actually Alton of Mesq, that is AWESOME idea! If someone plays & is not in alliance, they should get defense & offense boost, I feel forced to join alliance just to keep safe. However I would prefer to play alone, a little boost & I would feel capable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3417

The things you guys are requesting are changes to the game. they should be discussed under a different topic. I don't disagree except maybe protection from switching alliances, I could just creat a new alliance every 3 days and never be able to be attacked until my cities are full of troops.

Anyways... I would like to be able to play on another speed server. The 1X and 2X are for people just learning how to play. Please lets make another 3X conquest world to enjoy!

DeletedUser

3X conquest world to enjoy!
YES!

Also, protection for 6 hours at night would be great. I do not believe that it should be anyone can choose which 6 hours that they want it closed down. I think it should be the 6 hours that the majority users would be sleeping for that server creation. So like you create a server based on Eastern time (US17 UTC-4 server) then the downtime would be 12:30am-6:30am since that is the most shared sleep time. That way alliances and players can still plan around that sleep time.

Also no attacks would be able to be made 15 minutes before sleep time engages but supports would still be possible. That way nobody could send hundreds of attacks to land at the end of sleep time without the opportunity for players to support/defend.

DeletedUser2830

I believe I have an answer for this dilemma. How about a world where the player picks 1-99 the ocean. You could stipulate that Wonders will not begin until a certain amount of points is reached in every ocean. If you start near a crazy - then one would simply restart - and choose another ocean to begin from...

DeletedUser

Please keep this chat to the options available, if you want to discuss other things, there are threads for that.

DeletedUser

i agree with this post... it does suck that some people play off of gold buying and terrorizing the new guys should be a set skill limit to stop it

DeletedUser

3x, no morale, conquest and lowest possible alliance limit would be awesome.

DeletedUser

Speed 2-3
Conquest
No Morale
Low Alliance Limit

thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

Highest possible alliance limit. It doesn't matter what limit you place on alliance membership, there will be work-arounds. Just look at US1. There are really just 3 alliances in there of about 200 players, each, even though the official alliances are capped at 100. We're going to do it; why not just make it easier to do it?

DeletedUser

Highest possible alliance limit. It doesn't matter what limit you place on alliance membership, there will be work-arounds. Just look at US1. There are really just 3 alliances in there of about 200 players, each, even though the official alliances are capped at 100. We're going to do it; why not just make it easier to do it?

There is nothing wrong with academies or sister alliances, but the fact is that only one alliance can win. So what happens when the end is coming? Will 2 alliances worth of player just step aside and allow someone else to win?

DeletedUser2039

I have to disagree. I have an alliance on Eta, which has the smallest cap I have seen on the US worlds.

Now I am also the leader of this alliance and we are a very tight group, I think just under 40 players. I know every player, I know their strengths, I know where they are not great. With any more than 50 players, I don't think that is really possible. To have a real alliance, where everyone is pitching and working for one cause, you need a lower alliance cap. Anymore and things start to become jumbled, where you just have players sitting in the alliance not working with/for the alliance a lot more.

Daed is right though, there is no rule against it. If alliances want to take that approach in anticipation that enough players will drop to have one alliance by endgame, do it! I personally hate them and think they are a breeding ground for inactives, but that's just me.

DeletedUser

We need a hero world. Please!!!

As has been stated (what feels like a million times) as soon as enough players have qualified for a hero world, we will open a hero world.

Please keep this thread on the topic of the settings and options given.

DeletedUser2039

Haha, nah you haven't said it enough. :p Put an announcement/information thread in the hero world sub-forum and I think 90% of the questions will simply die out?

DeletedUser

There is nothing wrong with academies or sister alliances, but the fact is that only one alliance can win. So what happens when the end is coming? Will 2 alliances worth of player just step aside and allow someone else to win?

Yes. That is the way it is working, now. I don't see that changing, at least for my family. We all know that when one wins, it was because of the sister alliances. They know that, too.

DeletedUser

Ok then maybe make the world speed settings to 5. It would be nice to see how a fast paced would would be. Also I like the idea of an Alliance cap of 50. It would make it much more interesting. And to stop people of just making sister alliances we should make a cap on the amount of people/points you can pact with. Just a thought.

DeletedUser2039

Nothing in Daeds system of organizing this will change. No speeds high up there, no new pact systems. We are stuck with what we have and I'm sure he'll be saying it repeatedly: be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.