US14 - Nu Preworld Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Not to sound like a complete novice, but can anybody explain the Revolt System to me? I've only played conquest and the Wiki didn't necessarily answer to me what the difference was.

DeletedUser

Wow these are great settings, will definitely be joining.

DBHorbert I will explain the revolt system to you but my explanation will be similar to the one in the wiki. You send a revolt attack, then you get the Colony Ship attack to land within 12-24 hours after the revolt attack and if it lands the city is yours. Keep in mind though that in revolt a player can build up troops during the revolt process, and in a revolt world you don't need conquest to take ghost towns. You don't even need a revolt attack for taking ghost towns, just send a Colony Ship attack and if it lands you get a nice easy city :)

DeletedUser

I don't know how much I care for that...

Personal thoughts on revolt vs. conquest?

DeletedUser

Revolt is better if you have less time. Conquest is better if you want to test your skills.

DeletedUser271

I prefer Siege as it's the conquest system where you can play with very few offense cities :-D

DeletedUser

Siege? That I've never heard of. Maybe I missed something...

In the alliance forum I'm rather experienced, but in the primary forum I'm back to noob I really am. :\

DeletedUser1111

I don't know how much I care for that...

Personal thoughts on revolt vs. conquest?

This is a personal choice.

However, in conquest the conquer period is set by world speed. If you like to play fast worlds (spd3) then a fast conquest world becomes risky 24 hr / 3 = 8 hrs - basically you could go to sleep and wake up with your cities gone if the attackers are well organized.

Revolt is simplier - although the outcome is often reduced to who can stack the highest.

Conquest is more complicated and challenging. You must both attack and defend successfully to conquer a city.
This is more difficult for a novice players and more burdensome in later stages of the game.
IMO... the game is hard enough, especially in a fast world after a few months, without more complexity.

DeletedUser298

With conquest you don't need any defensive cities at all, can be all offense :D

DeletedUser

Wow, nice settings. Maybe I won't retire after alpha ends.

Revolt is simplier - although the outcome is often reduced to who can stack the highest.
Conquest is more complicated and challenging.
I think its the opposite, at least for me.

Any retarded can smash a CS in there and then defend away - I mean come on with the walls + towers + defensive bonuses that cover all cities instead of just one defending is BY FAR the easiest part of the game. I've actually managed to teach my 6 year old how to do it. Not to mention when you notice a ton of support coming into your city from the enemy chances are they are not defending it for fun, they have (or will have) a CS coming. Conquest is kinda "hulk smash" and who cares about thinking, it helps but not required.

Revolt worlds are a bit different, you have to clear the city a first time to start the revolt then clear it AGAIN when they know you're coming. You also have a limited time to land the CS so it requires some planning and finesse to do correctly. It's possible to fail your CS even when the target city is not defended if you don't calculate your CS to land at the right time. Also - If you're hitting stacks then you're doing it wrong and not using the revolt setup how you should. Many new revolt players do this and have yet to learn the tricks that make a revolt player successful. Revolt gives you the chance to be more of a sneaky ninja with diversions among other things.

If Grepo was an RPG in my opinion Conquest would be a warrior class and Revolt would be more of a mage/ninja. One takes more skill to do correctly though anybody can play either.

Everybody has their favorite, and that's great.. both are fun.. to some. I personally hate conquest. For me it's too easy, not worth the time, and limited in the amount of strategies you can when compared to revolt.

With conquest you don't need any defensive cities at all, can be all offense :D
You better hope your alliance has some defense then otherwise a few manti/harpy nukes and you're out a TON of offensive troops and still fail your CS :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

I love the settings, just wish I had the time. I'm sure this will be a very fun world to be a part of for those who do join though.

DeletedUser

Hi everybody :)

Who will come on this world ?

Speed 3 without moral... good for me :)

DeletedUser

yeah :)

I don't know you yet but I really hope play on this world.
I hope too there will be a lot of good players, an high level, big fight !

DeletedUser4276

Any retarded can smash a CS in there and then defend away - I mean come on with the walls + towers + defensive bonuses that cover all cities instead of just one defending is BY FAR the easiest part of the game. I've actually managed to teach my 6 year old how to do it. Not to mention when you notice a ton of support coming into your city from the enemy chances are they are not defending it for fun, they have (or will have) a CS coming. Conquest is kinda "hulk smash" and who cares about thinking, it helps but not required.

Revolt worlds are a bit different, you have to clear the city a first time to start the revolt then clear it AGAIN when they know you're coming. You also have a limited time to land the CS so it requires some planning and finesse to do correctly. It's possible to fail your CS even when the target city is not defended if you don't calculate your CS to land at the right time. Also - If you're hitting stacks then you're doing it wrong and not using the revolt setup how you should. Many new revolt players do this and have yet to learn the tricks that make a revolt player successful. Revolt gives you the chance to be more of a sneaky ninja with diversions among other things.
To give a counterpoint to this: sniping is far more of an issue on Conquest worlds (a good defender could easily stop a poorly done brute force attack), due to the fact in Revolt worlds you can brute force a conquer with multiple CSes, at which point sniping becomes impractical and you have to rely on stacking. And in all honesty you make timing the CS sound far more challenging than it is. And later in the game Revolt just comes down to a version of hulk smash if you ask me.

DeletedUser

Hm.. I haven't played revolt in a while. I might join this. 8)

DeletedUser271

Hi everybody :)

Who will come on this world ?

Speed 3 without moral... good for me :)

Well... If you're joining with your Dream Team, then I may try and join this world... Just to see how well you play :p

Status
Not open for further replies.