US 76 Casual World - Olynthus Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryvirath

Lochagos
On Thursday, November 22nd, our newest world Olynthus will release.

Please feel free to discuss everything related to how casual worlds will work, as well as the world itself here.

DeletedUser16215

Now US 75 will for sure be dead

Looking forward to the new system thou

DeletedUser5524

Not really. This world is much worse tbh. There are so many potential exploits with this new game mode

DeletedUser5524

Nightbonus and morale. Also what’s stopping me from dropping in someone’s core and just never taking another city. Spamming and farming bp with no alarm on etc. I can’t lose the city so no skin off my back. LMD don’t even have to be stacked if the play it right. Just a silly concept for people who are looking to abuse it

DeletedUser16234

Well, abuse it, or what is more often the case, just play a concept to their advantage. After all, regardless of any given server's parameters, it can, and will be, exploited by those whom wish to do so.

That being said, it can be nice to have a handful or so, of different options to choose from.

DeletedUser11833

What is the point of having morale active if you cant attack someone with more than a 20% difference in simpoints from you?

DeletedUser4951

Nightbonus and morale. Also what’s stopping me from dropping in someone’s core and just never taking another city. Spamming and farming bp with no alarm on etc. I can’t lose the city so no skin off my back. LMD don’t even have to be stacked if the play it right. Just a silly concept for people who are looking to abuse it

I was sort of thinking this as well. Though I think the world is set up to turn off people who would want to do this.

What I don't get is why all these extra steps. Its probably easier to just allow the rimmed player to keep their CP, restart with their largest built city, and give them enough BP to immediately and max all their farming villages (or enough to get back to where they were if they didn't have all their villages or have them maxed).

The 20% also seems poorly thought out. This world presumably benefits newer players. But this feature takes out some key early management and stages of the game that's crucial in other worlds.

1) Farming- Just about anyone who plays long enough to learn the game learns to use the inactive players for resources and early battle points.

2) Low hanging conquest- I'm not even talking the 2k city that logs on for a couple hours a day and plays in the back ground while posting on twitter. I'm talking the 500 point towns that haven't logged in for a week.

3) Realistic fights- So if I have 100k, I can't attack someone with 79k points or someone with 120k points. This might make sense early on, but doesn't make sense by this stage. Since 79k guy could give me trouble and I could give the 120k guy trouble. They're basically in the same size and city bracket by this point.

Questions: @Ryvirath What about siege breaking? Could I just not attack someone who holds a siege but is 20% lower? Could I support a siege from my team with this?

This concept sounds really interesting and I'd want it to succeed. But I think some more thought needs to go into it. Especially in the US, 20% is a very narrow window and players could just get bored off of the server.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4460

on Beta market the Casual world was first announced as Conquest but later changed to Revolt because of the player feedback.

upload_2018-11-21_8-44-7.jpeg

Attack prevention supposedly limits who can participate in Siegebreaks, but all players can support. If a small player would be under Siege only similar sized players could launch attacks thus such Sieges are unbreakable...
This problem hasn’t been tested on Beta and shouldn’t have brought on Live market.
Is attack prevention removed from Sieges or any fix for this issue?

Edit: according to Beta forum it must be a mistake and the battle system should be Revolt.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15111

My big concern here is they have a world opening on thanksgiving day? Does inno not realize this is a US Markert and thanksgiving is one of the most family centered holidays in the country. Bad enough there’s no peacetime this year which is a very poor decision but starting a world on a national holiday shows how far off bad they truly are with their customers.

Also If you want the world to be casual just don’t allow gold or packages and make the night bonus 12 hours. It wouldn’t kill inno to make a a free no pay to play server one out of every 10 or so. I think that would attract a lot more buzz and pull players in. Just gotta let off the greed pedal a bit

Ryvirath

Lochagos
We are aiming for a 10 am est open, but there may be delays.
I would bank on between 10-12 open, unless a meteor hits the office or something of that nature

Ryvirath

Lochagos
The world is now out! Feel free to go hop on and enjoy :)
I will be moving this thread to its own world category and closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.