Update to V2.57 - Changelog

DeletedUser5

Hello players and forum goers,

On Wednesday, March 19th, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.57. A discussion thread can be found here.

As is always the case there may be a short downtime while the update is applied. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Below is a list of the changes to be implemented in the update.

Game

Features/Changes:
  • New: the Alliance Finder! Have you ever started on a new world willing to join an alliance, but have been unsure about your choice of alliance? The alliance finder will help make your choice easier by providing an overview of all nearby alliances, also displaying the most vital information. This feature is mainly designed for new players who want to get into an alliance more easily.
  • Support units can now be returned again to original city if this city is currently being conquered.

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed several Windows 8 app bugs:
    • The app was not always loading;
    • The publish report button was not working;
    • Alliance forum links were broken;
    • Recruiting units was not always possible.
  • Searching for a player in the "Sea Players" ranking returned results from the normal "Players" ranking;
  • Fixed some visual email issues;
  • Fixed an issue where militia was activated after the start of a siege;
  • Importing mythical units into the simulator from attack reports was not working;
  • Mythical units were not removed when player was changing god;
  • Fixed a problem where it was not possible to send resources if info window of a ghost town is minimized;
  • Looted favor was shown in the booty field of defense reports in Hero Worlds.

Thank You,

Your Grepolis Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser298

I am confused on what "Support units can now be returned again to original city if this city is currently being conquered." means. The wording has me a little confused, but if I read it correctly it means that if your city is being conquered you can now recall troops outside the city to come back home and attack the enemy cs in your city. If that's the update, that's been possible for quite awhile now.

DeletedUser5

Yes, it is a bug fix. It was not possible due to a bug, it now is. Its most likely down as a feature change because it was removed intentionally and put back.

DeletedUser

That is how it has been on US 20 Tau for quite some time.... BB has been sniping CS's this way for quite a while.

DeletedUser9242

can't wait for the update,just got hit by a bug that is preventing a quest from completing and is stuck on 99% done.It is the one where a donation of 7,500 coins is required.I hope the down time Wednesday will be for a brief period of time.

DeletedUser562

On the next update, it might be a good option to have a leadership chat-room, besides the inadequate one that is available. Most of these games have a world chat system and you can switch to alliance chat and also Leader chat as well...

DeletedUser298

Yes, it is a bug fix. It was not possible due to a bug, it now is. Its most likely down as a feature change because it was removed intentionally and put back.

It's always been possible for me, however one time I recalled and the troops landed but didn't attack, I sent a ticket but no answer.

DeletedUser

Discuss here!

Does anybody else share my problem where the game freezes when using the Call of the Ocean spell? I submitted a help ticket and I was told my problem was "filtered up another level" in the help chain. It slows my game play down by making me close the browser and reopen the window every time I'm switching into or out of a city using Call of the Ocean. It's 6 hours of madness, but it's the only way to build ships quickly.

Anyways, hoping one of these changelogs will apply a bug fix for this issue some day.

DeletedUser9712

i have some issues with the mobile version still. You need to be able to reserve a city and see if the city is reserved already on the mobile version. the alliance forum still messes up. it blurs some topics together and when i click on one it goes to a different one. there should also be a way to trade units and ships either for resources or to other players. you should also be able to send units and ships to another city and add them to that city's population. also i still think there should be a way to destroy someones city instead of having to conquer it. the main one i'm really concerned about right now is being able to reserve a city on the mobile version.

DeletedUser

There needs to be an option for alliances to turn off the Alliance Application system. New server, we're getting mail bombed. Every player who has invite auth is getting the same mails. Way too much mail. Please consider an option for alliances to turn this off if they are not accepting new members or for alliances who like to look for players rather than get an application from every new player in the ocean.

DeletedUser8562

There needs to be an option for alliances to turn off the Alliance Application system. New server, we're getting mail bombed. Every player who has invite auth is getting the same mails. Way too much mail. Please consider an option for alliances to turn this off if they are not accepting new members or for alliances who like to look for players rather than get an application from every new player in the ocean.
^^^^^ good idea

DeletedUser5088

There is a way.

Turn off contact buttons in your profile :D

DeletedUser

Or tell them to ...<removed for moderator happiness >

Just fill in the blank yourself

DeletedUser

There is a way.

Turn off contact buttons in your profile :D
This has to do with interface between the new Alliance Finder and who gets mail from it. It has nothing to do with contact buttons because I'm the only person those apply to (founder, leader - no other player has any of that). Other players are getting the application form letter produced by the Alliance Finder.

DeletedUser

Richard,

I want to find out if i am using the most current updated version. I am assuming so; since I have not been prompted to "up-date" or "down-load" anything when I log on. However..... We ALL know where "ass u me"ing gets us.

If possible.....
Direct contact would also be appreciated regarding this question.
#contact by email: bootsgingrich@gmail.com

I have yet to find (or search for) a down load option for my Mac desk top or the mobile browser version DONT LAUGH. I do have the 1.7 app version on my droid. Going online to the ~Grepolis "Browser" Game set in Antiquity~ web site to log in to play. Also, the mobile "browser" version, which I must use to read the Alience forum are these the only options for accessing the game?

I am assuming, again, since "Browser" is the key word maybe that's my answer.

just checkin'

Thanks for your patience,
Boots aka Ulisis

I am obviously not a "tec geek". ;) Never thought I would IN MY LIFE w a n t to be a "geek" of any kind. 8) hmmmmm....."AH-HA"! o.o
:p Maybe there IS hope for me!

....My tec handicap has just been a subliminal mental "geek" block all these years! (rotfl) :D

DeletedUser

As this is a browser based game, updates are automatic. You do not need to do anything.