Update to V2.46 Changelog

DeletedUser

m5ae.png

Hello players and forum goers,

On Wednesday September 25th, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.46. This update includes a few game feature changes and fixes several bugs. A discussion thread can be found here.

As is always the case there may be a short downtime while the update is applied. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Below is a list of the changes to be implemented in the update.

Game

Features/Changes:
  • - Zeus has been replaced with his new visual representation;
  • - Island Quest are now displayed in the Town list only if they are not accepted yet;
  • - Ongoing sieges are now distinguishable from take-over attacks in the Command overview;
  • - The Island Quests have been improved (challenges, calculations, current quests):
    • The challenge factor is now multiplied by a factor that depends on the game stage;
    • The needed points for each challenge factor have been rebalanced;
    • Some quests have been rebalanced: some have new parameters and challenges.
Bugfixes:
  • - A small border surrounding the resource icons was missing in the market, create offer tab;
  • - The militia was automatically regenerated after ending of Trojan defense effect;
  • - The illustration used for the spies was not the same everywhere in the game;
  • - Some effects were not shown in published reports;
  • - Some spells were shown multiple times in published reports;
  • - The Quest window had a wrong size;
  • - Some parts of the user interface were missing under Internet Explorer 9;
  • - In the Senate, the button to upgrade the warehouse was active even if not enough resources were available.

Thank You,

Your Grepolis Team

DeletedUser

Island quest re-balance will be nice and looking forward to seeing the new god graphics over time.

DeletedUser

There are some tweaks still happening to make sure it rolls out cleanly.

DeletedUser

Also my temple says temple tooting instead of just temple.

DeletedUser

I am sorry but your "Quest Re-Balance" is absurd. Also what the quest says does not actually match the effect.

Examples
1. Quest "The Plague" gives me the option of weakened attack for 3 hours and 30 minutes. However the effect on my city is 10 hours and 30 mins.

2. Quest "Riddance of the Poor" now takes 2700 Wood, 2700 rock and 1350 Silver to complete? How is that re balancing? You basically just went ahead and multiplied the amount needed previously by 100.

Insane. This should be fixed ASAP.

DeletedUser298

I am sorry but your "Quest Re-Balance" is absurd. Also what the quest says does not actually match the effect.

Examples
1. Quest "The Plague" gives me the option of weakened attack for 3 hours and 30 minutes. However the effect on my city is 10 hours and 30 mins.

2. Quest "Riddance of the Poor" now takes 2700 Wood, 2700 rock and 1350 Silver to complete? How is that re balancing? You basically just went ahead and multiplied the amount needed previously by 100.

Insane. This should be fixed ASAP.

I somewhat agree and somewhat not. I think it should be different for all world speeds, speed 1 pays least amount, speed 2 pay medium amount, speed 3 pay more of an amount. Except maybe the amount differences should be like 500 resources or something and the 2.7k paying should be like a speed 3 or something.

DeletedUser6677

is there now a disadvantage when attacking during certain hours now? I saw a weird symbol that looks like the double bp symbol except it's black on one of my attacks

DeletedUser

Resource costs for most of the island quests are too steep to even bother with at this point. I am all for making the quests more engaging but simply multiplying the costs of everything is a poor way to "rebalance".

DeletedUser39

I'll have to agree on the very poor 'rebalancing' of the Island Quests. Multiplying the resource requirements to make them cost 10 times more than they did before, is a bad way to do it. If I can choose between paying ~10k resources total for a 30% troop build time reduction, or using 80 Hera favour/60 Poseidon favour to get 50% troop build time reduction instead, I think it's quite obvious which one I'm going to pick.

I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for my island quests if the rewards were slightly better, but for these kind of rewards, you won't see me paying that ammount of resources unless I have all my cities full on troops and nothing left to build; which should never occur.

DeletedUser7013

I'll have to agree on the very poor 'rebalancing' of the Island Quests. Multiplying the resource requirements to make them cost 10 times more than they did before, is a bad way to do it. If I can choose between paying ~10k resources total for a 30% troop build time reduction, or using 80 Hera favour/60 Poseidon favour to get 50% troop build time reduction instead, I think it's quite obvious which one I'm going to pick.

I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for my island quests if the rewards were slightly better, but for these kind of rewards, you won't see me paying that ammount of resources unless I have all my cities full on troops and nothing left to build; which should never occur.

I agree the added cost does nothing to encourge me to play now. Also discouraging me is that I have now had 3 quests "expire" while I was in the middle of them..costing me resources and in one case... troops sent never came back. It would have been better to have shut down island quests for a day...to let the old cycle out and the new cycle in. At this point.. till the issue of the old quests are full out and gone..I am not risking anymore resources or troops. I feel due some compesation for this mess but doubt I will see any

DeletedUser

I am taking a little trip all the way from Mu to come to the Grepo forums to complain about the island quests. LOL I am pleased but not at all surprised to see how much fellow Grepoholic ire has been evoked by this self-proclaimed 're-balance'. I agree that they could have been made more challenging, that there could be new quest themes, new rewards, new challenges... But when I now have to pay in about 10K res to get a construction buff that lasts just as long as it used to, or have to go through 10 hours of decreased attack power for a favor buff that lasts just as long as it did before, this just isn't okay. You need to find a middle road between what the challenges used to be and what they are now, because I find myself not wanting to do a single friggin' one of them anymore. I see I'm not the only one, and this will really hinder all of our gameplay when we can't rely on favor or attack buffs anymore. ALSO, I recommend that you bring back the 30% added defense buff, put a little variation in some of the buff lengths... Make it interesting that way, where you don't know until you accept the reward what length you'll be getting, whether it be 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, or 30% def/att, with the higher ones being rarer, of course. Maybe throw in specific spells and naval units as buffs... I know I'd be absolutely THRILLED to see even just 1 bir per hour for 7 hours, or call of the ocean, happiness, etc. Maybe make it so that you can cast a buff on an alliance- or pact-mate, even if you make it so that you can only do that once a week or something. I know the creators and moderators of this game can improve upon it like this when you've/they've already done such a good job creating what we already have. (Minus screwing up our island quests and turning the troop overview into 'trade overview', the recruitment into 'no rectruiting'....)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hard to deny that 13:30:00 of weakened defenses for a 6hr increase in favor production is incerdibly fair and balanced