Update to V2.44 - Changelog

DeletedUser

o2W4Bp1.png

Hello players and forum frequenters,

On Thursday August 22th, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.44. This update includes a few game feature changes and fixes several bugs. A discussion thread about the update can be found here.

As is always the case there may be a short downtime while the update is applied. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Below is a list of the changes to be implemented in the update.

Game

Features/Changes:
  • The top bar on the startpages have been exchanged with the InnoGames.com portal bar;
  • The Facebook like button is now available in the login box on startpages;
  • Community request: the travel and arrival time are now displayed when returning units partially in the new supporting units town info window.

Bugfixes:
  • A few Grepolympia bugs have been fixed:
    • The format of the effect duration for rewards was wrong;
    • The title and the description of the Athletic Hoplite Racer award was wrong;
    • Grepolympia was not accessible and not working properly on Internet Explorer.
  • There were some synchronization issues with awards;
  • While on the demolition tab, the senate was going back to the upgrade tab when activating the curator;
  • Players were not correctly registered to the game when joining the game via invite feature;
  • In some cases, the farm village was over someone's town on the map;
  • Login via Facebook was not available;
  • An attack from Island Quest could validate two open Island Quests at once;
  • The algorithm picking random islands for Island Quests was not working correctly;
  • There was a typo for demanding units in the farm villages;
  • There was a typo in the Chariot Reinforcement reward for Island Quests;
  • The error message displayed when a player tries to activate the same effect twice was wrong;
  • In some cases the Island Quests window was not completely displayed;
  • The farm village icon on the map was getting smaller when expanded instead of getting bigger;
  • Failed town foundation was leading to wrong image in the command info screen, and details about units were missing;
  • Closed worlds were still displayed in the worlds list;
  • The option "Visible to everyone" for awards was not working;
  • The state of the tutorial quests was not always correctly updated;
  • The ocean ranking was not correct from time to time;
  • The recruit time for units was turning negative after using gold;
  • Alliances were sometimes missing in the alliance ranking;
  • It was not possible to close the map via ESC after using the jump to coordinates function;
  • The description of the effect "Accelerated recruitment" was wrong;
  • The alliance tabs were not working properly;
  • Some data were not updated correctly after switching towns really fast;
  • The improved favor and resource production were not calculated correctly.

Thank You,

Your Grepolis Team

DeletedUser

i think if you block any attack 2 h hour before server downtime it is going to better because some of us are in war and that will be good point for enemy to attack us and we cant defend our cities

DeletedUser2569

The downtime is usually not that long though...
Shouldn't have a huge impact on wars...

DeletedUser6369

I see in the changes it was stated that the "increased favor production" wasn't calculated properly. What I've noticed is that while logged in, if the increased favor production power expires, 40 favor points are deducted from your total favor. I'm not sure if it does it when not logged in. Does this update fix that, or is that a separate issue that needs addressed?

DeletedUser

update: the travel and arrival time are now displayed when returning units partially in the new supporting units town info window

Must say I like this little improvement

DeletedUser

In the future, can u pls implement Embassies, where alliance members can station troops. thx

DeletedUser

Um That's a pretty bland idea and i don't think that would work. just my 0.02 cents

DeletedUser

Is there a way to conquer cities without upgrading yr academy to Level 22 to produce a colony ship?
Level 22 is a long way away, and these servers typically last only 6 months. Pls advise and thx!

DeletedUser

Is there a way to conquer cities without upgrading yr academy to Level 22 to produce a colony ship?
Level 22 is a long way away, and these servers typically last only 6 months. Pls advise and thx!

I already answered your first question, but it is not true that worlds last only 6 months. World Alpha took over a year. Beta has been going longer than a year as well and isnt done yet.

DeletedUser1992

Just noticed a change. When I send support to a city the radial is now labeled "Support %1". Did not find anything in the change log for that and am wondering if that indicates some change to the support function?

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
It's a bug, along with a number of other accidental visual changes. They should be fixed in the next update.

DeletedUser

It's a bug, along with a number of other accidental visual changes. They should be fixed in the next update.

Those visual changes should be fixed. If you see differently, please clear your cookies and cache.