Update to V2.38 - Changelog

DeletedUser

updateheader238.png

Hello players and forum goers,

On Thursday April 18th, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.38. This update brings us several bug fixes and a few minor feature changes. You can find a discussion thread for the update here.

As always, there will likely be downtime while the update is applied. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Below is a full list of changes included in 2.38:

Game

Features/Changes:
  • Added a sound for incoming attacks
  • In the trade overview, towns can now be moved after setting them
  • The performances of the farm village overview, culture overview and cave overview have been slightly improved for players with many cities
  • Some of the community requests have been implemented into the game:
    • Added a drop-down menu to quickly move messages to a selected folder
    • Shared connections are now shared between worlds

Bugfixes:
  • Fixes have been made to the live ranking
  • After a failed foundation, the place where the movement comes from is now correct;
  • After skipping tutorial quests they couldn't appear later on anymore;
  • Fixed some missing translations;
  • When confirming the email address and getting gold, no report was sent to the player;
  • A player that is already registered to a world could still receive invitation to that world;
  • The date of the daily awards was shifted by one day;
  • Menu bubbles were not updated correctly when sending back support troops;
  • Increasing or decreasing of building levels could go under the minimum level;
  • The next construction level was not updated in the building overview;
  • There was a problem where players can't build buildings even if they had enough resources;
  • The mass mail icon was not visible anymore;
  • Background music stopped looping after a while;
  • Fixed some quest helpers;
  • When writing a new message, the window was closing without warning when jumping to a city or coordinate;
  • City links in gods overview were not working;
  • In barracks and docks, the completion time was not updated after cutting the recruitment time;
  • Alliance forum didn't work in maximized mode;
  • Commands overview was empty when opening via tab in Internet Explorer;
  • Fixed a problem with looped sounds when an error appeared;
  • Some awards were missing in the Profile window, Awards tab;
  • It was possible to see the god of the town you spied;
  • Quest window was getting stuck in the top of the screen, unable to move on low resolutions;
  • Links to claim reward after inviting someone was not working;
  • Invitation via banner was not working correctly;
  • Alliance forum was not updated after using "mark all forums read";
  • There was some lagging issues when playing with Firefox;
  • A useless scroll-bar was appearing in confirmation windows;
  • Special characters (UTF-8 ) were not processed correctly.

Mobile

Bugfixes:
  • On iOS Barracks and harbor windows were impossible to close.

Thank you

Your Grepolis Team

DeletedUser

I don't think the update for the game does much (I'm not talking about the bugfixes)

DeletedUser

We need PHYSICAL changes to the sizes of the windows. This includes the "building" window which goes up too high on the screen and covers everything at the top of the screen. This includes the "completion" windows that won't let us open the commands or trade or farming villages because the "completion" command is in the way. We need TEXT on the icons on the bar at the bottom of the screen. This "scrolling" over to see what the icon is for is a pain in the ****. Better yet, it NEEDS to go back on the LEFT side of the screen where the TEXT was already there, easy to see, quick to click on. Everything is getting so slow, so time consuming, so aesthetically sloppy that the game is going downhill FAST. Why are you guys making the game HARDER to play? It was great the way it was. I love the sounds. Those are great. But changing the play screen is a mess. As a long-time player, it does not improve the game, it does not improve the quality of play, it does not make playing easier, it just complicates everything and makes everything extremely time-consuming now. No task is easy any more. Farming is not easy. You have to WAIT for the completion messages to clear FIRST. Building is not easy. The building screen is so BIG and blocks everything you need to glance at.

I think the design team is still sipping spiked eggnog from Christmas. Surely SOME thought needs to be put into all this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with SheWolff,play screen is the most needed fix.I have also noticed during and after egghunt had to refresh more where before ,no problem.

DeletedUser

I do appreciate what you are all saying, but this thread is for discussion of the update only, not what should or needs to be updated. Please keep it on topic here. I will pass your feelings along about the screen sizing, but I would also encourage you to look at your screen resolution as that might also be a fix for you.

DeletedUser2039

I have had the problem of windows being put too high up and covering vital information as well.

On topic, I would like to see some more physical changes above. The Grepo team is not prioritizing things correctly. Like new sound effects? I am not really finding them a great addition rather than changing simple mechanics to improve game play. I do like the possible (let's see how it works before I say this for sure) performance improvement on the farming overview though. Much needed. Hopefully speed will increase.

DeletedUser

Discuss here!!!

"It was possible to see the god of the town you spied;"

One has to be able to know who the god is if the mystical units are visible. Some gods' mystical units appear and vanish, so the spy would not be able to catch that, but almost all of them are visible to the spy, so why shouldn't the spy be able to report all units seen there?

So clicking on simulate giving the god and seen units is not a bug in other words, [but seeing the god of a spied city with no mystical units (or the hidden mystical unit only) would be a bug excluding Devine Envoy, since that is shared with all gods so if only Devine Envoy then no god should be known...].

DeletedUser

I have had the problem of windows being put too high up and covering vital information as well.

On topic, I would like to see some more physical changes above. The Grepo team is not prioritizing things correctly. Like new sound effects? I am not really finding them a great addition rather than changing simple mechanics to improve game play. I do like the possible (let's see how it works before I say this for sure) performance improvement on the farming overview though. Much needed. Hopefully speed will increase.

I agree. The sound doesn't really make the game better... unless you're obsessed with music and sounds.

DeletedUser

Wow! Sounds! I have never seen sounds... for everything in the game! That's an amazing thing. Games like Grepolis might have sounds, but not sounds like these.

DeletedUser

The game screen will center on the currently selected city's island.
For example you log in and have city A selected which is in ocean 44. Your game screen will have the island of city A in the center. You then change city to city G which is in ocean 45. The game screen will now be centered on the island of city G instead of city A.

DeletedUser

i agrree with tyler boyd. i have noticed since the change that the city view window and all other windows have moved up just enough on the mian screen to cover vital info such as city resources. very very annoying to have to grab and drag at least 1 window everytime open the city view window or any other window for that matter... please fix asap.