Update 2.185 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser16306

I don't like this at all. You now can't be faster than enemy and cast spell faster than him when he is sending attack. Now it's just about whether you have favor for Purification or not. That's stupid

DeletedUser5524

This is in the attack planner not the actual launching screen

Meg TheBeagle

Philosopher
From the screenshot posted in the announcement, it looks as if stone hail would be a option for an attack.

Is this coming with another update?

DeletedUser15165

With this update in the Attack Box you can now select to have Stone Hail either on or off with your attack, if you have it researched. You can also select which spell to put on your attack before you send your attack out.

Meg TheBeagle

Philosopher
My bad! You have to have it researched for it to be an option. Sorry
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

DeletedUser14129

I don't like this at all. You now can't be faster than enemy and cast spell faster than him when he is sending attack. Now it's just about whether you have favor for Purification or not. That's stupid
There is no reason a defender should be faster than an attacker on casting a spell on an attack anyways. If the attacker is half competent and doesn't want it to get wisdomed then they will cast a spell as soon as they launch anyways

DeletedUser14888

That doesn't stop them if they can purify it anyway. LoL.

DeletedUser14129

Well of course lol. That part is fine but I'm saying that it's just a more simplified process of pre-casting a spell on your attack rather than doing it after the attack already launched

DeletedUser11525

Well of course lol. That part is fine but I'm saying that it's just a more simplified process of pre-casting a spell on your attack rather than doing it after the attack already launched

I think that's the point. Previously, you had a chance to launch a spell as soon as the attack alarm went off, before the attacker could add their spells. Now, since they are coincident with the attack launching, you don't have that chance. You can't get the attack info before invisibility is added. You can't get off a quick sea storm. You can't get a wisdom before it's protected, so you can plan what support you might need. This definitely skews things towards the attacker side.

DeletedUser14129

I hear what you are saying, but what I'm, saying is that for the attacker it is a 5 second inconvenience to have to add spells after the attack is already launched which is too quick of a time for the defender to do anything anyways as the defender first needs to check which city, who's attacking, if the TT could be a cs, etc etc. So I think this update helps more than hurts

DeletedUser16306

You don't need to check anything if you are expecting a CS from nearby city and attacks and supports are already on the way. You just need to be faster than attacker and now it's not possible at all

DeletedUser5524

You don't need to check anything if you are expecting a CS from nearby city and attacks and supports are already on the way. You just need to be faster than attacker and now it's not possible at all
If the person is smart the CS won't be killed with a SS anyways so it doesn't even matter. Just work on your front/back snipe

DeletedUser5524

Then purify and wisdom lol. If its a close CS then it likely doesn't matter whats in it. Not a lot of time left to decide anyways. Just focus on your snipes like I said prior

DeletedUser16136

Eh, defenders of a CS have a big advantage already anyways. I don't think this is really a big deal.

DeletedUser1048

I wouldn't be worried about such a small situation. If you are beating people to spell they probably aren't sending anything good, because they could easily spell it before it pops up for you. You have to wait for it to show up which isn't always the same time it was sent, you can see that by the difference between mobile and browser. You can get the alarm before anything happens on browser. Or just not get an alarm because the game is nice like that too. Then you got to go ahead and get to that city, click on the attack and spell. The attacker is always going to be able to beat you.

Only time this can be annoying is that you can instantly helmet an attack and idk about everyone else but when an attack gets helmeted there is no alarm when it wears off for me. So if that's still the case then yikes. Still not a common situation though.

DeletedUser14129

fuck off if you have nothing meaningful to say mr. superior
Now son let me sit you down for a minute. In a game called grepolis we don’t use that kind of language. That kind of language will get you banned and honestly comes off as funny more than angry. If everyone is telling you one thing and you persistently think another way, maybe you should take a second and try to understand that these people may be trying to help you and give you some good advice. Now run along and try not to have too much fun bud.