Units Required to Conquer Farm Villages

DeletedUser

First line will be: farming village # and what the minimum required Farm Space (FS) is. Whatever number is listed here is the amount of Farm Space you must have used on units. Units can be either land or naval units and they must be built, not just in the queue. You don't have to attack with all of them, but you must have them built.

Second line will be: what the farming village has for defense.

Last line will be; information about what forces to use to conquer the farming village successfully.

1st Village - 0 FS
Defense - Nothing
Conquer - Any unit can take this, just send something.

2nd Village - 6 FS
Defense - 1 Slinger
Conquer - 5 FS of anything will win, but Slingers, Horsemen and Chariots will do it without lossing anyone.

3rd Village - 10 FS
Defense - 3 Archers
Conquer - 1 Horseman or 5 Slingers (will lose 2) or 2+ Chariots (will lose 1)

4th Village - 40 FS
Defense - 60 Slingers
Conquer - 7 Slingers (will lose 5)

5th Village - 100 FS
Defense - 60 Swordsmen
Conquer - 35 Hoplites (will lose 30)

6th Village - 300 FS
Defense - 100 Archers
Conquer - 13 Horsemen (will lose 11)

7th Village - 600 FS
Defense - 300 Slingers, 80 Hoplites and 80 Horsemen
Conquer - 140 Slingers (will lose 133)

8th Village - 1000 FS
Defense - 150 Swordsmen, 150 Archers, 75 Hoplites, Level 20 Wall
Conquer - 175 Horsemen (will lose 166)

*DISCLAIMER: these numbers can vary based on some internal calculations made by the server!*

Reminder: This is the same for every island you have a city on, and will not adjust when you get more cities.

DeletedUser49

wow, thanks. In all my time, my first farms are always the hardest. this will surely help a bunches!!!

DeletedUser

You can find it here

That only shows the Defense force of each village number taken.

It does not show the recommended attack force.

Thank you phoenixavier for the info. I now know what I needed for my 7th village.

I was building a force using the simulator and now have a nice company built up for when I go for my first conquest of a city.

Will continue building my Slingers and will take the 7th village soon 8).

DeletedUser

these numbers are based on zero luck. I run the simulator at -30 luck (the worst) just to be sure. for example, on village 5 if you have the worst luck you need 45 hopalites, not 35. Always run the simulator yourself and be sure before launching an attack!

DeletedUser271

I think that there is no luck during a farming village conquest

DeletedUser

There is indeed 0 luck every time. Of course, you should still try to use more of the listed unit, as then you'll lose less.

DeletedUser

There isnt any luck when you conquering farming villages!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with Trys Asgon. The forces in the first post are the minimum you need. If you have more - send more.

Use the Simulator in the Agora in your city to simulate what happens with more or fewer forces.

ADDED: Don't forget the luck factor. That is a random game effect we have no control over.

DeletedUser

If you dont agree with me, you are silly :p I always tell the truth, and I know the game for sure.

DeletedUser257

I don't think that there is a luck factor with the farms but I'm not sure. Does anyone know for sure?

DeletedUser

I could've sworn I said this before, but there is NO luck factor involved with the farms.

DeletedUser

Sorry. Must have mis read what was written or probably read more into it than was there.

Thanks

DeletedUser

I'm trying to take my 6th farm. I have 20 horsemen ready to go... but it won't let me. It says "You can't occupy another farming village" ... why? is there something else you need besides just enough troops? I thought I read somewhere that farms needed to be high but I can't find how high .. mine is 17 at the moment.

DeletedUser

You merely need a certain amount of population occupied by troops. For your 6th farm, you need 300 troops, so you could have 100 swords, 100 archers, 34 horsemen, you could have 100 horsemen, or you could have 250 slingers and 18 horsemen. Those are merely examples, there are hundreds of ways to reach that 300 pop.

DeletedUser

ah, makes sense.. I read the 300 part, I thought it meant 300 free farm space :) At least I have plenty of room for new people now...

Do ships count for that at all, or just foot troops?

DeletedUser

I believe ships do count, but atm I'm unable to answer that question.