True Tales of Noobism

DeletedUser

Due to some of the rampant accusations of "noobism" I have seen I thought I would start this thread.

No, this thread is not to salute true heroes like Mr. Supermarket Deli Meat Slicer, who feeds America's hunger while standing dangerously close to a buzz saw, armed only with a salami. Who stands behind glass fortress and quickly fills orders as shoppers shout "hey, i was first." And no matter what they're slicing, from bologna to liverwurst, they always hit their mark: one tenth of an ounce over (trademark Budweiser).

This thread is for the stories of true noobism where we can salute others, or ourselves, for the time(s) we have gone above and beyond our call to demonstrate just how inexperienced or just how plain stupid we are in games whether it be Grepolis or any other.

DeletedUser

There once was a hero whose name has been lost in the annuls of time who lorded over his city as a kind and just ruler. However, this proved to not be enough and his dreams turned to other lands. There across the vast oceans that surrounded his lands he spied another city whose ruler had become tired of his duties and shockingly stepped down from the throne without naming a successor! So our hero jumped into action and gathered the necessary resources, trained the necessary troops, and built the necessary ships. With this force he landed in the city and the people immediately saw that he would be a far better leader and began to revolt. However, there were jackals who sought to piggyback on our hero's efforts and steal the city from his clutches. Of course the hero would not let this happen so he placed the necessary defenses. Sadly though as many stories do, this one contains a tale of tragedy. For our hero fell asleep and forgot to call for the recall of his defenses and in the chaos of battle, brother fought against brother and his valiant defenders defeated his own Colony Ship.

DeletedUser9662

There once was a hero whose name has been lost in the annuls of time who lorded over his city as a kind and just ruler. However, this proved to not be enough and his dreams turned to other lands. There across the vast oceans that surrounded his lands he spied another city whose ruler had become tired of his duties and shockingly stepped down from the throne without naming a successor! So our hero jumped into action and gathered the necessary resources, trained the necessary troops, and built the necessary ships. With this force he landed in the city and the people immediately saw that he would be a far better leader and began to revolt. However, there were jackals who sought to piggyback on our hero's efforts and steal the city from his clutches. Of course the hero would not let this happen so he placed the necessary defenses. Sadly though as many stories do, this one contains a tale of tragedy. For our hero fell asleep and forgot to call for the recall of his defenses and in the chaos of battle, brother fought against brother and his valiant defenders defeated his own Colony Ship.

Bahaha that's great :). I like the extra detail.

DeletedUser

There's an NaF city I just took whose owner decided to gold his demolitions when he saw the CS and dropped the city by 1.5k points.

DeletedUser9662

The alliance I was in thought inviting 80+ members across 3 oceans would be a smart idea and would make us more powerful because we would be in the top 5 alliances :D

DeletedUser

More like the dirtiest example of gold spamming one can do in this game. But ya, I guess you could call it that lol.

DeletedUser

More like the dirtiest example of gold spamming one can do in this game. But ya, I guess you could call it that lol.
Meh, I'm pretty sure the developers encourage any type of spending xD

DeletedUser

Of course the developers like it:) But this way of using gold dosn't provide the user with any extra entertainement, convenience, or advantage in the game. Its purely an example of using real money to spite another player.

DeletedUser

Right around the same time that Oleg here sank his own CS, we had a brutal player who's drunken escapades were that of tragic fail. Truegold was the players name, and inside of 90 days on a speed 1 setting he had managed to collect 25+ cities spending fists full of gold in the process. An epic pain the backside to manage his drunken escapades were becoming a bit too much to deal with. Each evening he would come onto our VOIP and clear the room with his toxic rage, and I for one had seen enough. In no position to conquer him we choose instead to deal with it until the time was right. However before we could do anything, one evening he simply ghosted all of his cities opting to start over on the server. He swore his allegiance saying how he would still serve the banner from his new position on the other side of the world map but he no longer had any clout. He would message daily promising to once again rise and bring with him scores of loyal soldiers. Happy to no longer have to deal with him we laughed at the idea of him not realizing his lack of people skills. For weeks he would report back his lack of progress, asking how we were able to recruit so effectively while he couldn't get even noobs to join up with him. At one point he actually started mass mailing the entire guild asking for resources to fund his fresh start. This was truely a bad apple and one of the reasons we recruit the way we do now. But of coarse being the brothers we are, we answered his pleads with lots of favor. Just not the kind he was looking for. His level 2.5k city was back down to 1.8 in a few days. I think this was when he finally started to see just how many people he had P'd off while he was in the alliance. I suppose the moral of this story is beware of who you let in your alliance and certainly beware of who you P'd off if you choose to leave.

WALL OF TEXT CRITS FOR OVER 9000!!!!!!!!

Someone tell the Lord Tempertantrum story.

P.S. I once got caught farming soul shards outside the instance in a Black temple raid, talk about embarrassing. Raid leader was like umm... where is Dodot? It was my first time invited too. Top guild's new warlock is outside the instance farming SS on the Shadow Council pull. That was like 5 years ago and people who were there still laugh at me about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not this world, but in TAU

We were not going to break the siege. 2nd to last incoming enemy wave was not a support, but an attack. He busted the siege for us. The same player's next wave from a different city, timed before the siege, added much needed support.

Just witnessed a nice one here, but will let it pass. The player still lives, for now.