Troops loss

DeletedUser

Looked around the forums and I have not seen a thread about this yet: When I attack a player what has troops I lose a proportionate amount of my troops depending on defense and offense... that I understand. Why do I still lose 15-20 troops when attacking a player that is undefended? These attacks are still early in the game, and I am attacking with about 50 troops. I do not see the logic behind losing troops to an undefended city.

DeletedUser

Same with me bro! Yesterday night I sent 50 Slingers to take out an inactive players few Swordsmen, I lost 9 because of -30 luck. Then my friend attacked him around an hour after me. He posted his BR on our alliance forums, and he sent 5 Swordsmen and 10 Slingers, to the supposed empty city (It was defenseless) and in the BR he lost 2 of his 5 Swordsmen from the 0 enemy troops? o_O

I guess his troops got crushed by a falling building? 8)

DeletedUser

Chalk one up for noobs!

Put simply, you got the battle system oh so wrong. It's much simpler than that. When you're defending, the game looks at defense values, when you're attacking the game looks at offensive values. So, if you attack a city with swordsmen or archers, you will probably lose several, even if the city is empty, as all cities have a base defense value (it's really small though). However, if you send slingers, horsemen, or chariots, you will lose very few units, if any.

Put simply, never attack with swordsmen, archers, or biremes. EVER.

DeletedUser39

To add why you would lose slingers whilst attacking with slingers on a supposedely emtpy city; are you sure you've checked your morale, too? It can be quite a killer (adding your -30% luck to that, too).

You should also take a look at the city wall. If someone has a wall level 10, and no troops, you will lose troops on this player, even if it has 0 units in there. The wall provides an additional 'base' defence to the city. It's a standard defensive value that's there as long as the wall is at the level it is. You can't 'kill' it, you can only lower the wall to lower the base defence.