Trash Talk Thread- Sparta

DeletedUser2630

Trash talk in a thread like this is perfectly proper. Even here there are rules of conduct.

The nastiness I am seeing on this server from many opponents goes beyond the pale. This is a game and is supposed to be enjoyed for what it is - a war game. Take my city and I will tell you well played. When players respond to attacks with threats, profanity, and general nastiness it simply isn't worth it. Why would anyone play a game where that sort of behavior is the style of play?
I'm so tired of all the threats to "rim" players and we have all seen that these are just empty threats. Good players cannot be rimmed by those making the threats and we are still here. What makes us leave the game is simply the level of nastiness and poor sportsmanship. If people really want to "win" so badly and win that way then you're welcome to it and I hope you all feel good about yourselves. For me I enjoy playing a game for the games sake.
So good luck to you all and hope to see the good sports on another server. For sure if I see the nasties on another server I'll be leaving that one too!

DeletedUser

I think you will find trash talk wherever you go (Grepolis or another game), and the fact of the matter is that most trash talking is not friendly banter. While I am not defending extreme trash talking, or rule breaking, my personal feelings on the subject are as follows:

A trash talkers success relies on how you react to what has been said. We do have a code of conduct and we enforce that everywhere, but things are going to be said that fall within that code of conduct that you or someone else may find offensive.

I see two options, you can let the trash talk affect the game you play, poison your environment, and ultimately send you off the internet/site (which I might add is that trash talkers goal, so by choosing this option you let them win), or you can choose the people you talk to, the posts you read, the threads you open, and the alliance matters you take part in.

We give several options so you don't have to see the trash talk. You can report inappropriate messages, block players that you dont want to hear from, ignore people on the forums. You don't have to interact with everyone.

tl;dr: Trash talk is everywhere on the internet and cannot be avoided. You have the option of exactly how little, or how much power you wish to give trash talkers, but giving them the power to send you off of a game is like holding up a white flag and giving up the fort.

DeletedUser

I think you will find trash talk wherever you go (Grepolis or another game), and the fact of the matter is that most trash talking is not friendly banter. While I am not defending extreme trash talking, or rule breaking, my personal feelings on the subject are as follows:

A trash talkers success relies on how you react to what has been said. We do have a code of conduct and we enforce that everywhere, but things are going to be said that fall within that code of conduct that you or someone else may find offensive.

I see two options, you can let the trash talk affect the game you play, poison your environment, and ultimately send you off the internet/site (which I might add is that trash talkers goal, so by choosing this option you let them win), or you can choose the people you talk to, the posts you read, the threads you open, and the alliance matters you take part in.

We give several options so you don't have to see the trash talk. You can report inappropriate messages, block players that you dont want to hear from, ignore people on the forums. You don't have to interact with everyone.

tl;dr: Trash talk is everywhere on the internet and cannot be avoided. You have the option of exactly how little, or how much power you wish to give trash talkers, but giving them the power to send you off of a game is like holding up a white flag and giving up the fort.

Well said.

So uh Bayou, giving up your cities are you? :D

DeletedUser2630

Well said.

So uh Bayou, giving up your cities are you? :D

I don't think so.....

of course peeps can try and take them and give me more BP. Upon consideration I think my best response to nastiness is as recommended - block people and hit them hard in the game. So on the contrary, you are likely to see me stepping up my game and playing harder. it's all motivation

DeletedUser7985

You showed me Oliver! Trolling the forums and adding comments even though you don't play the game.

mm

DeletedUser6798

I'm still playing on and off.. just not here. You know you miss me
cnfy7elqh8dotnsdp.gif

DeletedUser6798

And now you know why people message you with all that hate.

Because you have hemorrhoids 8)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2630

I expect more originality than that from such an intelligent boy

don't hate, participate.....bonus points for naming the movie that phrase is from :)

PS it is a trash talk thread and don't lose your sense of humor

DeletedUser6798

Oh I'm awful with quotes.. i cant remember.. but i know ive heard it before. And I happen to think I have a fantastic sense of humor. Thats why I'm here. I see humor in all of this

DeletedUser11716

Though it is a 'trash talk' thread, I will give credit where it is due. Having tied up with Infamous a bit, they defend as well if not better than any alliance in this world. Their members poop 5,000 biremes every time they hit the potty. The world is still young and the wars continue, but did want to tip my hat to the defensive efforts put out by Infamous.

Rebuilding for the next round 8)

DeletedUser11993

lol poop birs. i like that. maybe its because we eat so many?
smiley_emoticons_eazy_cool01.gif

good to see visions staying independant, although I think we all should rename ourselves GoS for a day

DeletedUser11716

Your group does indeed chew through biremes ... maybe in the next battle you will fight us with one light ship tied behind your back >_<