Trade initiated by other Players

DeletedUser

Hi, new player.

I was clicking around, and I am sure I found a screen with a list of trade offers from other players, but I can't seem to get back to that screen.

Thanks for any help.

Davyseum
Island 170352
Ocean: 64 (640,450)
Hyperborea

DeletedUser

Actually, I found it (click the Marketplace).

Is it just accept/deny, or can one negotiate for a different exchange?

DeletedUser

What they're trading, what they want, the exchange rate and the maximum they will give is what people set; however, if you want to give them a different amount, you can use that arrow next to the green check box on the right to decide how many resources you'll actually give them, and then click the green arrow.

DeletedUser

The arrow Zenima is referring to only allows you to choose to accept a portion of what the player is offering instead of the full amount, it does not allow you to offer them less in exchange for what they have offered. The trade ratio set by the offering player will still apply.

Example - If the player has offered 1000 Clay in trade for 1000 Wood, this is a trade ratio if 1:1. If you use the drop down box and enter 500, you will send the offering player 500 Wood and receive 500 Clay, not the full 1000 that was up on offer. Using the drop down box does not change the trade ratio. The offering player would then still have the balance of the original offer up in the market place (a trade of 500 clay for 500 wood).

DeletedUser

FYI Cream Puff, the exchange rate is the same thing as the trade ratio, just in RL terms.

DeletedUser

FYI Cream Puff, the exchange rate is the same thing as the trade ratio, just in RL terms.

True Z, I was only attempting add some clarification to your answer, not contradict it. I could have used the same term as you for consistency's sake, but I think most everyone knows that exchange rate = trade ratio.

DeletedUser

Just making sure. It'll save me some time writing in the future if you decide to stick around. :)