Top 12

DeletedUser13212

Since we're getting closer to WWs I think a new Top 12 is ripe as our new mod has posted, to try to re-animate this pretty dead external forum. No harm in trying supafletch, but this has been a pretty dead external since a few months in :p

1. Mortis Nuntius - Huge, covers ~ 75% of Zakros. Real good positioning for WWs with all those cities that will be ideal for resources. Also huge gold spenders, dropping thousands in gold in a couple hours without batting an eye. Between their size and unrestrained gold-use I think they could very well buy themselves a crown.

2. Ur-Unity - One of 4 academies, I assume this one is the "main" alliance. They have recently situated themselves and grown huge in size for WWs. I've had no personal dealings with them (due to location) but they seem pretty skilled from the news feeds that pop up.

3. Olympia Rising - Skilled and experienced players, a recent merge has added to their numbers and core location and has helped solidify them a place for WWs. I think they have a decent chance at WWs, but need to be able to play against the heavy gold users in MN.

4. The Saxons - Again seem very skilled and experienced. They have fought tooth and nail for their territory, to their advantage. I think they have a good chance at WWs if they can counterbalance MN's gold use.

5. Mortis Umbra - MN 2.0 basically another MN that I am guessing will be feeding the main alliance resources for WWs and trying to cause chaos to the other alliances.

6, 7, 9 - other Ur-Unities again, no contact. Unsure how they will develop into the time of WWs. Will they merge into a couple of academies? Are they going to do their own thing?

8. Unforgiven - A wildcard in my opinion. Just trying to wreak havoc. They have large players, but I don't think they'll have enough time to fight for a territory before WWs starts. I think they'll be attacking everyone else that they are not aligned with.

10. Band of Brothers - I have not heard a single thing about this alliance. I didn't even know it existed until today! Looks to be out on the rim, so might be a new group coming over to the server, or perhaps the remains of MN-rimmed players. Unsure of skill, but I do not think they will really have a chance at WWs. They may surprise me though!

11. A Verbis ad Verbera - Absolutely no chance at WWs. Not nearly active enough, many simmers, and I just don't even think they have a plan right now.

12. Ghost Walkers - Due to their size I don't think they have any chance at WWs. 33 people is not enough to try to win WWs. I think they're skilled, but haven't had too many dealings with them.

All in all, I think it's going to be a race of skill against gold for this world's WWs. Old school skill versus the nouveau riche....and it will certainly be a huge commentary on where Grepolis has headed with the way this server will turn out. It will certainly be an interesting one for sure.

DeletedUser10048

+1 for your time and effort, good write up also.

Your correct it is dead but only the players can change that.

DeletedUser723

+1 for your time and effort, good write up also.

Your correct it is dead but only the players can change that.

Not true.

I'd like to see a top 12 from the unbiased moderators point of view.

*hint hint*

DeletedUser10048

I can't, it would be impossible for me to give a thorough and detailed report when I haven't played the world and nor can I, don't know any of the alliances history, haven't battled anyone and don't even know what names are playing the world.

Although this would be a good idea it's not really possible

DeletedUser13212

Athanasios I would like to see a revised Top 12 from you or from the MN perspective.

It's interesting to see how the alliances think of each other in this world, and I'd like to see one other than "Mortis Wins" :p

Something that doesn't reveal too much but still shows how MN thinks of it's competitors in this world now that they know who will be staying in Zak for WWs.

DeletedUser13405

Insecure much brah? Being ranked behind an MRA must be a pretty big ego blow ... maybe the Halloween event has recipes for some tissues?

That's the spirit, Maharshi! But while I have a live and in person member of Morty on the line, let's explore this topic of insecurity a little deeper, shall we? When booting another player for wanting to be aggressive and fight, who writes a two page MM about themselves? Who turtles when they possess a quarter of a world and yet still feel compelled on their profile page to debate their own self worth? Mate, that's textbook insecurity. It's your alliance and your leadership. Own it.

Oracle terms the feud between Morty and The Saxons as a massacre. All you do is stand and bleed. In all seriousness, what's the problem over there? Why are your leaders afraid to let you fight? Why don't they have any confidence in your abilities?

At least you admit you are in an MRA. They say the first step in recovery is admitting to having a problem. So here's to your future endeavors toward growing a set. Lord knows those dusty raisins Flop hands out on the weekends have no potency.

DeletedUser

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here.

Our enemies are butthurt because we don't give them the same attention that they give us. The difference is that we didn't pigeon-hole ourselves into a corner and leave ourselves only one option to attack. We have wars going right now against #2, #3, and #4 in the world and we are still growing and getting stronger. You can forum-warrior all you want, but at the end of the day, it doesn't and won't change what is happening in the server.

DeletedUser

I agree with Aeraamis. Be a bit objective here.

Since May 1 MN has taken 3 cities from Olympia, MU has taken 2. Lump them together since they are the same all-in-all so 5 cities taken from Olympia (outside of our core oceans I might add).

Since May 1, Olympia has taken 4 cities from MU, granted it is not MN, but that is still a pretty even score.

Our MN numbers will be coming up in the future, but for most part your cities have been a bit far for us.

Where are these numbers that you promised... Oh wait, Olympia is crashing. Like we said, it was only a matter of time...

In the last 30 days, its 31 -1 Mortis vs Olympia Rising... All time its 80-15...

DeletedUser7749

St Ho

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here.

Our enemies are butthurt because we don't give them the same attention that they give us. The difference is that we didn't pigeon-hole ourselves into a corner and leave ourselves only one option to attack. We have wars going right now against #2, #3, and #4 in the world and we are still growing and getting stronger. You can forum-warrior all you want, but at the end of the day, it doesn't and won't change what is happening in the server.
I couldn't say this any better... I laugh as Olympia caved... Now that Saxons have absorbed " the cream" we shall take those to... Saxons are clueless they are nothing but a bug on the windshield of zakros...

DeletedUser

So.....Saxons just merged into Ur-Unity

It's always interesting to see how far people are willing to carry their ideals before they pretty much throw them out the window and try to go for the win. Saxons (who have been on this forum chirping about Mortis being an MRA because we conquered alliances and absorbed the best players) just joined Ur-Unity who now consists of (Ur-Ronin/ADR/Elysium Fields/Zack-Ur-Is/Saxons).

It's disappointing to see the alliance that Padre, RT, Rabbit, etc. helped build become just another addition to the biggest MRA on the server.

We'll know in a couple weeks if it panned out.

DeletedUser44

I couldn't say this any better... I laugh as Olympia caved... Now that Saxons have absorbed " the cream" we shall take those to... Saxons are clueless they are nothing but a bug on the windshield of zakros...

Ghost of Mortis said:
I buy resources. 20 gold per 2k in resources. Right now I am sitting on over 250k in gold to spend. Anyone who contacts me will be kept private.

I also buy spells at 100 gold per spell for resources.

Example: if you send me 90,000 in resources to 1 city, you receive 900 gold to use in any world you choose. I have over 60 cities so thats 54,000 in gold to fill my cities 1 time.

Thanks for your time,

-Ghost

You guys send that to a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13217

You guys send that to a bug?

LOL!
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif

DeletedUser13705

So just to recap exactly what we faced during Wonders and how we still overcame it:

1) The Saxons, Olympia Rising, Ur-Unity 1, and Ur-Unity 2 joined forces and created an MRA behemoth of a gigantic 4 branched insectoid of some variety that threatened to cover the entire world (I don't think the term alliance really applies anymore when you MRA 4 alliances). As if this bloated leech on the world wasn't enough, when their rotation began, they ALSO brought in The Trinity Global as another leg of their mini-tarantula. Their total player pool was almost three times as large as Mortis Nuntius and our academy Mortis Umbra. They rotated close to 100 players in daily just to cast favor and send resources to wonders. Still wasn't enough.

2) They used 1 player with a questionable phrase in their account to get ALL of Mortis Nuntius leadership banned since "as leaders they should have policed their players better" immediately before a wonder opened, leaving no one to start the wonder for close to an hour. The ban hammer kept ringing through Wonders even after that; at any given time we had anywhere between 1 and 5 players banned for stupid reasons. Still wasn't enough.

3) They tried to invite all players on wonder islands thinking they'd be stupid enough to be tempted to "gain some intel" and join their bloated ant-queen of an alliance thereby breaking a wonder. Not even close to enough.

4) They turned players brown and had them pretend to be part of the Mortis Umbra rotation to either gain A) an invite or B) intel on where we were focusing our favor. The exact text read as follows:

Hey (redacted)

I still need an invite, and what wonder are we sending to now?

Thanks,
Chris

Well ... again ... didn't work.

I have never seen a game played so blatantly dirty and so pathetically desperately, and yet, at the end of the day ...

:) MORTIS WINS! :)