Top 12

Discussion in 'US 81 - Nikaia' started by SgtSeeker, Jul 17, 2019.

1. BayouBrit

BayouBrit Peltast

Hello all. I recently joined this world and like what I see so far,
    Enjoyed reading your posts above. How about an updated Top 12 from someone in a major alliance. Heck maybe have the top 2 give us their Top 12? That would be so nice of you guys if you could do that :)

JulianaSilver likes this.
  2. deathblade

deathblade Citizen

I will try to make a new one and bring up my past one and see how good my call was on them =) and welcome to the sever.

3. deathblade

deathblade Citizen

About 1 month later.

Pillars- Called it. Doesn't seem like they are going any were soon.
    Dark Wolfs-pacted with other top alliance Fighting pretty well now days. In a good spot to hold were they are
    Squished Enterprises- Called it They merged together. But they did talk a lot smack first week
    CHIguanas-Merged with SE after they fell apart now called Deja Vu and stick putting up a better fight once Dark Wolfs started sending support
    Pillars II-Tied to Pillars
    Kaeidothroat-Taken over by DW almost seem like they were just gold farming
    Warriors Remastered-they shifted around and been doing a much better job at support then warriors did.
    Ryujin-still alive and kicking. not sure how much longer tho
    Quest and Gold-
    War Never Changes-Have no idea what happen to them. Guessing name change.
    Empire-doing well, still need to pull in some more members
    Highway to No where-name change or they went no where not sure.

4. Captain Pudding

Captain Pudding Newcomer

My Top 12 review.

1. Pillars. Swim. My alliance. Super strong group of players with very good communication. Has very good cores, top of fight points and 2.8 million points ahead of the number 2 but this doesn’t mean the world is over at all.
    2. Dark Wolves. Swim. Also a very good group of players with solid cores and great coordination. Worthy opponents to Pillars and no doubt the main opposition in the world.
    3. Deja Vu. Semi-swim. These guys seem good but are also comprised of players from the former Squished Enterprises who imploded due to pressure from Pillars and leadership problems. I feel they can hold their own for a bit but they are reliant on support from Dark Wolves at the moment to keep cities so we will have to see how this plays out.
    4. Pillars II. Swim. Sister alliance to Pillars. #3 in attack, #5 in fight points. Awesome group of players.
    5. Bobs Moving Co. Sink. Don’t know much about these guys. For all I know they could be worthy opponents but at the moment they just seem like food for the bigger alliances.
    6. Warriors Remastered. Sink. These guys have done well to reorganise after the failure of the original warriors but will probably suffer greatly from attacks from Pillars in the foreseeable future.
    7. Deja Vu II. Sink. The remaining members of SE after the merger with Chiguanas. Their fate will probably be entirely reliant on that of the main alliance and how much support they get. A few notable players but don’t see much as much hope for them as Deja Vu.
    8. Immortal Elites. Sink. Once the attention of the other alliances shifts I don’t think this alliance will last too long.
    9. Empire. Sink. Same as Immortal Elites really.
    10. Ryujin. Sink. These guys have been getting pummelled since the start of the world really and I don’t think they will make it in the long run.
    11. Chug a Lug. Sink. Consists of a few SE members and others. Only 11 of them. They may be playing defensive for all I know now but they will either sink of join one of the bigger alliances on this list.
    12. WrathOfSparta. Sink.

5. Luigi the wreck

Luigi the wreck Citizen

Just an observation, and curious. This not being a WW world, is it necessary to rid enemy cities off your island, if WW are not involved? I think besides Pillar, the only other alliance that can win this world as it looks now, is Dark Wolves. If the object of playing domination worlds is to hold 40%, then why would dark wolves pact with Deja Vu? I would think taking them on, and possibly taking their cities would increase their own percentage of the world. Someone please school me, as I've never played domination worlds.

no idea.jpg

6. ZerOG

ZerOG Newcomer

This is only my 2nd domination world, but i think i have an answer to your question. SE was getting eaten up by pillars, they eventually had to merge into what is now Deja Vu. Pillars saw that and just kept eating Deja Vu. DV and DW are pacted because they both have a common interest to take pillars out of the run. It is more feasible to combine points for the war and attack them together rather than having 3 top alliances in the same vicinity at war with each other. With DV and DW Against pillars, they both are not fighting a two front war and they can both muster up more troops and ships to fight the common enemy. Is this pact going to hold up when pillars is gone? I am not one to say because i have no idea

7. Megalopsuchia

Megalopsuchia Artisan

It’s always so amusingly predictable that an alliance is silent in the externals during their struggles, but the moment they have a good weekend they appear out of the woodwork with some snark.

Don’t be a cliche, Dark Wolves, aka the good half of the DUDEs. If you’re going to take it to the externals, show up in the good times and in the bad!

8. Captain Pudding

Captain Pudding Newcomer

Assuming Pillars is going to be gone

9. Luigi the wreck

Luigi the wreck Citizen

is the pact going to hold up when Pillars is gone?

That is a bold prediction. you guy will have to take more than 1 city a week if you want that to happen.

never happen.jpg

10. deathblade

deathblade Citizen

ya "when pillars is gone" is a bit bold.....We have more City's then DUDE's and tend to make more then you guys per week. only hope DW has is hope you guys take 300+ city's from us in 4 months, and You took one city and will fill our new slots with DV city's.

11. ZerOG

ZerOG Newcomer

do you know anything about history at all? the 300 Spartans is another example. I am saying this because you can count out or underestimate your enemy, ever.

12. deathblade

deathblade Citizen

wait.......your post is about not counting people out. when that is what you did and we are telling you not to count us out.........You do understand the hypocrisy of what you just said right. at no point have we said your alliance won't be around. If your trying to talk about my post. that is just the sever by the numbers as it stands right now DW needs about 300 of Pillars city's or even more of other alliance's in the DOM zone. That would be hard as they will have to fight for it in 55 and pacted with DV in 44. I don't see them taking 300 off us as that would just be a crazy amount. Things can change for sure. But Don't write a post about not counting people out when that is what you did to the number 1 alliance that sparked the whole debate.

13. Skrewball11

Skrewball11 Philosopher

I have been playing this game for very long time. A few things always happen. There are always 3-5 major shake ups in every world i have played in. leadership issues, sister alliance breaking away, inactivity due to being bored, etc etc. I think only once (this goes back to swampfox days) does an alliance stay on top from beginning to end. Usually once an alliance has issues with activity, they go full MRA. And they need too. They need to recruit top players while they still have a reputation and are on top. But usually that is the sign of troubles too. because that also means you are cannibalizing. You are bringing in players to keep a full roster and to eat up easy cities. Once players have to start fighting again, putting in the time of planning and taking/defending a city......they lose interest and Grepo is launching a new world. I guess what I am trying to say is that these are long games and top alliances will have issues very soon. recruiting is key, but MRA's tend to struggle the most because they will also be spread too thin across the map when they experience issues. Which will frustrate players. Which leads to all sorts of problems for alliances and their leadership. Remember, MRA's have loyalty issues. If you can easily recruit players to your alliance because you are on top out of fear, respect, whatever, fact is once you have issues, those players will leave as fast as they came in. Because that top alliance will not have those valued traits anymore.

With the holidays coming up....you will see activity issues. Usually activity starts to slip around Halloween. Then you have internalizing around thanks giving because of kids and school/college. By Christmas and New Year....the world will look different. I have played a lot of worlds. Only once has a top alliance stayed on top from beginning to end. Now I should point out that I just started about a month ago in this world. So I have not been here since the very beginning. But shake ups will come.....they always do.

14. Luigi the wreck

Luigi the wreck Citizen

Skrewball11, I agree with you 100%. In Wonder worlds this is especially true, as they go on for such a long time. I've never played in a dom world, this is my first. But it seems that since domination starts on January 13, 2020 the game wont be as long. And of course, that logic also applies to the rest of the alliances in this world. Some players of alliances that know there's no chance of winning will also leave for new worlds. (it's already happening) Anything is possible, but I don't see it happening with us. It really is a close group of players, with very little drama going on.

15. Skrewball11

Skrewball11 Philosopher

Luigi the wreck, I actually do think it will possibly happen to pillars. I have in the past or am playing with a bunch of the guys in you alliance. Some are playing under new names, but they left the previous world because they were once on top and their alliance fell apart, and once those players left for many reasons (most common are someone died or health reasons, which makes grepo literally one of the most fatal games ever created :p) they end up ironically joining a new grepo world right when it opens up. LOL! Fact is grepo is an easy game when you are on top. You get to be on offense more and usually that means activity is high when needing support. But players leave once things get tough. And the holidays are coming up. This means the smaller alliances will work together and usually there will be a few mergers in the next couple of months. But the top alliance at this point has made enemies with the world. This is when you see leadership cracking, players losing interest because it was easy, but now...with the holidays and inactivity.....things start to fall apart. Then people start talking publicly in the forums. So unless the top alliance is still recruiting like an MRA...these will be the moments when the top alliance starts to fall apart. I am not picking on Pillars. This is just the nature of the game, and why with the exception of one world, the top alliance is never the top alliance from beginning to end.

Also, Dom was created to make the worlds smaller and shorter while trying to prevent stalemates. Also to stop the everyone gets a crown garbage. Grepo is trying to find ways to get rid of sister alliance and reduce the MRA behavior. Inno has made it very public it knows that MRA behavior is not good for the longevity of the game. Inno is not making money on having people leave worlds after 5-6 months. Inno knows that they make money when there are large scale attacks with wall building and spending money to build units. They do not make as much on people building up a 5,6 or 7 cities. They need large scale ops. We will see different style games from here on out as they try to stop the MRA behavior. Heck, they are now starting worlds were you get 3-5 cities right off the bat now.

16. Skrewball11

Skrewball11 Philosopher

I just looked up this worlds activity...way too many inactive players in the top 150. Makes you wonder what this world is going to look like after the holidays. It is too early to have this many inactives in the world.

17. Megalopsuchia

Megalopsuchia Artisan

Oh please tell us more... what else do you see in your crystal ball, Nostradamus?

18. Skrewball11

Skrewball11 Philosopher

Who needs a crystal ball? do you not look things up on Grepovictimfinder? Grepostats?grcrt? Grepolife? etc etc. Come on man! Or are you new to the game? It tells you activity levels of the worlds and players log in times, who is attacking who at which city, etc etc.

Look at the activity levels of even the active players. Not much in terms of BP for a world that is 2-3 months mature.

My crystal ball says that your last 3 or 4 takeovers are inactives/internals (RainesArmy and Vivar). So, you are proving my point about the high level of inactivity in the world. You too a city from Rain when he was inactive in Pillars. Granted you took his city then they booted him the next day

Another example is your alliance, you have (just me shooting from the hip and not looking too closely) you have 24 players in your alliance. 7 of your members virtually dont play. Good targets would be Ill be your doozy or Jok3r9988. Their log in times are not great and I would not be shocked if they did not have the app for alarms. Growth is slow/ non existent. You have others in your alliance that would be great candidates for favor farming like Black leopold small and Cookie Bum Bum.

Your alliance is small and new but already has activity issues. As is the world. Problem is you have many new players who are already playing newer worlds ans spending more time there then in this world. How long do you think they will be sticking around?