Top 12: Sink or Swim

DeletedUser3157

Thank goodness we have Kyle's well timed top 12 to compair the outcome of this to afterwards.

Kyle you knew this was coming didn't you ;)

DeletedUser

Im a freaking Leader in Phoenix and Im a little confused on what happened. I had been following this minor situation with a few council members being upset and suddenly it exploded into something that no one could control and any effort was futile. I'm very surprised to say the least and still confused as I was on vacation over this weekend. It just seems that a lot of people raged out because of our founder who has not come back from VM like planned over a week ago. Everything had been going smoothly up till this point in the game, no one had yet to really hit us with any force and were taking cities with ease. I dont know how we are gonna come back from that one.
smiley_emoticons_verlegen.gif

DeletedUser9662

Some players will be taken over, others will continue joining Just add water

DeletedUser9607

My personal initial take/watch list from about a month ago; S.T.O.R.M, TBA, Instinct, +Fallen Sons
However, things change fast

Looking forward to possibly spending some time /moving over to Calydon in a few weeks

DeletedUser9607

Im a freaking Leader in Phoenix and Im a little confused on what happened. I had been following this minor situation with a few council members being upset and suddenly it exploded into something that no one could control and any effort was futile. I'm very surprised to say the least and still confused as I was on vacation over this weekend. It just seems that a lot of people raged out because of our founder who has not come back from VM like planned over a week ago. Everything had been going smoothly up till this point in the game, no one had yet to really hit us with any force and were taking cities with ease. I dont know how we are gonna come back from that one.
smiley_emoticons_verlegen.gif

How was your vacation though?

DeletedUser3109

Sorry guys but since the world is changing so much I had to edit my original top 12 and will try to post it today unless something happens again.

DeletedUser10619

Something happened to Porto he didn't post.

and also i might do a top 12 idk i am feeling lazy
smiley_emoticons_stevieh_rolleyes.gif

DeletedUser3109

1. Perfect Storm- Swim
Have controlled the 64/65 border for a while and seem to only be growing.
2. TBA.-Float
They have replaced former Hammertime as the top DBP alliance. Although they took in several of HT players, HT and other alliances seem to be holding their own against TBA.
3. The Fallen Sons-Swim
Know many of them and they are a solid alliance, took in several HB players and I can only see them grow.
May fight with The Storm and S.T.O.R.M for control of northern oceans.
4. S.T.O.R.M- Swim
Seemed like they have been cured of their "Elite Syndrome" and are taking in players and growing, can only see them going up from here on out.
5. United Front- Swim
Fast growth in 34 and 35 and as they continue to grow I expect clashes to increase with The Storm, Order of Sicarius and Super Duper. Depending on their interactions with these three, they will grow or they will float.
6. Just Add Water- Float
With a lot less control of their oceans , will they grow and regain their prominence or will they collapse again.
7.Army of Dead- Swim
Another up and comer, if they can utilize their location they can easily grow to become a devastating and massive alliance.
8. Order of Sicarius- Float
Although they are solidly a core alliance, they have a lot of rim alliances that are a similar size and ABP and this makes them one of the weakest in the core by stats, this maybe problematic as their advantage of starting early in the core has been ripped away.
9. THE MILITIA- Sink
They are losing players and have just lost control of their main ocean, 64. Can only seem them sinking unless Perfect Storm collapses.
10. Hammertime- Swim
Really impressed by these guys, lost several men to the enemy but they are still fighting the good fight and taking cities.
11. Infinite Presence- MY Alliance
12. Super Duper- Swim
Alliance name came from Actium, a group of active and aggressive players in 46 and 36. They are walled in by larger alliances but seem to be holding their own against their biggest border alliance, United Front.

DeletedUser13470

Everyone should spam Kyle with attacks. Its only fate.. <3

DeletedUser12137

Interesting top 12, which i think will be very different soon.

DeletedUser3109

Don't believe me look were Instinct is lost gained only 3 players or so since my last top 12 and dropped completely out of the top 12. The Syndrome usually effects a core allaince that develops a deep and strong core so no one can take their cities, they also usually cover less than 1/4 of an ocean and as they grow in cities and points the lack of players is so obvious that their strong players can't hold them up so what happens is that they become a top alliance early on but slip so badly that alliances outgrow them because they don't recruit and it is hard for 30 people or even less to take as many cities as 100 people. This alliance is characterized by high averages and super duper low membership count because they are "Elite", they usually end up either being slowly outgrown till their unimportant and eaten or they will merge into a weaker alliance ABP wise and DBP wise because they can't grow out of the 10 or so islands they control in one corner of a core ocean. They could also stay an alliance till WW but they will be written of as a non competitor. Look at Instinct for the next week or so. This phenomenon is very common, and their are other phenomenons that if you have a passion for geography/human geography like I do and you play Grepolis for a couple of years you can see as it becomes repetitive.
Their is also Ocean Syndrome- this is where a rim alliance puts itself at a disadvantage because they can only think within their ocean, this means they will have 1000 cities in one ocean but they are still smaller than everyone else because the other 5 or 6 alliances ahead of them have 3000 cities of 4 or 5 oceans. This although makes them hard to penetrate like the Elite Syndrome guys, because instead of fighting and moving into their enemies territory they focused so much on staying within their ocean's borders that it turns into an alliance of turtles who found more than take by the time WW rolls around and they end up becoming a non important alliances as compared to everyone else they don't have enough cities to out sim the other alliances an win WW. They could also get to this stage and get engulfed because by this time everyone can time within 5 seconds and it really a contest of the guy with 10 harpy nukes can destroy your siege, within 2 minutes of it landing and the guy with 18 bireme nukes cities can stack his own seine without his alliance's help because he is that much bigger than you and not necessarily a better player.